RIP Pauline Newstone, voice of Beast Wars Airazor

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Further investigation by others reveals that she actually passed away all the way back on May 5, 2023 (one month before Rise of the Beasts came out, no less).

It's only now that we're finding this out because Garry Chalk found out from watching an In Memorium segment today and told Candace about it.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Further investigation by others reveals that she actually passed away all the way back on May 5, 2023 (one month before Rise of the Beasts came out, no less).

It's only now that we're finding this out because Garry Chalk found out from watching an In Memorium segment today and told Candace about it.
That would fit - she was quite the private person.

Now that she has passed I can say that I knew her -- not well, but cordially -- she was a frequent customer in my early retail-employ days, and I kept my fanning-out at bay enough that she was willing to sign the packaging for an Armada version of the character for me.

She didn't do the convention circuit, and really didn't understand fandom as a subculture -- in that, I suppose, she had something in common with the late Jack Angel. But she enjoyed her time on the series and kept in touch with some of the cast. It's a shame she didn't get to see and hear how Michelle Yeoh (finally getting her due in recent years) interpreted the character concept, I wouldn't have minded hearing her opinion.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That would explain why the wiki members were having trouble tracking down biographical info and photos of her for her wiki article earlier today.

Top Bottom