Retail Theft

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I got robbed at the grocery store again. My receipt does not match the in-store prices. Certain sales didn't apply. The name of the item matched, the weight matched, and the date range matched. No sale. Same old story.

This happens too often to not be deliberate. It is a subtle theft they hope we won't notice. I challenge ANYONE to go to a grocery store and predict your total before you get to the register. You may use a calculator and scratch paper. Try it. You can't. It has gotten to the point that the plainly visible in-store prices are not an indicator of what you'll be charged for an item. They are only a suggestion for what you might be charged.

I would 100% support legislation at this point. The bold size 72 font price must be the price. Period. Just as narrating a disclaimer at 22 words per second should not be considered compliance with the law, having some microscopic text (which I will check for next time) saying "This offer is only available during a full moon" or whatever their excuse is also should not be considered compliance.

Discuss. Share your stories. If you haven't experienced this, tell me what store you've found that doesn't do this.

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen
Here in Lane County, Oregon, getting over-charged for grocery items rarely happens. Or at least, it has rarely happened to me and my remaining siblings. On the off chance that it does, it's usually because an employee forgot to remove a sale tag.

Albertsons/Safeway, Winco, Grocery Outlet, and Market of Choice are the major players around here.

Top Bottom