Restoring Old Allsparkle Posts

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Just restoring anything I happen to have saved. Not just STOMP stuff.

I don't know that it made me rethink any life choices, but it certainly caused me to look back and re-examine a few. In the end, I'm a prisoner of my neuroses though, and I probably wouldn't have changed anything. Even the crap that was my own fault.

I eventually arrived in the same place. I wouldn’t change anything. The fantasy is nice, but is a fantasy. My classmates were simply not like this. There are reasons I didn’t form bonds and chose to cut off all contact.

It might be interesting to see Sparky go adventuring with an "alternate" 6 though, just for the awkwardness as she says and does things based on experience with her close, intimate friends, and then realizes that these aren't them. Some adjustment would be called for..

The awkwardness isn’t what I’m looking for. I want to see it work.

-Spike is being written well here. Always nice to see him used as a foil for Twilight.

What have I said about how Larson writes Spike and Twilight’s relationship? I don’t think anyone else has ever done it as well.

-It was nice that Minuette didn't turn out to secretly have something terrible about her. Also, she almost has a house like a MLP character but the hourglass symbols are tastefully restrained instead of being utterly nuts.

I didn’t even notice the windows the first time around. That’s how much it works. It’s a credible aesthetic.

-Season 5 continues to do right by Pinkie Pie.

This is a bigger deal than it sounds. My initial reaction to Pinkie’s entrance into the episode was a firm “Get lost, this isn’t your episode.” I wasn’t worried about Larson’s ability to write Pinkie. It’s just not her story.

And then she met Minuette and I realized how much we needed to see them interact.

And then she mostly goes away. She’s there for the logical reason that she would be, and nothing more. It doesn’t feel like an intrusion.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
-I didn't notice or at least I didn't remember Moondancer's glasses adjusting first time around.

All unicorns should be given dork glasses as soon as they’re old enough to tell that they’re gonna be dorks.

Considering your own comment on reevaluating life choices, I don't know if it's accurate to say the episode lacks adult fear. Especially considering:

-"That was only the first time I put myself out there, and then you didn't even bother to show up!" Ouch. There's something to be said about hearing this line as an introvert. There's a really specific place this comes from and it's kinda chilling to hear it vocalized. I personally have moderate ability to interact well but have struggled to actually make friends. Also hurts when you reach out and get what feels like a "nobody cares" type reaction, especially since the act of reaching out feels scary.

-Speaking of having difficulty speaking, my unpopular opinion of the day is that this episode does less for showing that things can be done with background characters (though it certainly does do that) and rather it shows that stories with the Mane 6 have plenty of worth when it's a well written story that keeps them in character.

That sounds painful. The line doesn’t have that effect on me, because, well I never did reach out so I never got that “nobody cares” experience. And the school heavily frowned upon anyone not showing up to anyone’s party, so there was no wondering who’s gonna show up. But for someone who’s had the Moondancer experience, I see how that line could cut like a lightsaber. I remember they did have me wondering if this was going to go for a “sometimes you just can’t fix it” ending. It felt like a credible possibility that Moondancer might not get over it.

So Spike cleaned the dishes and then just threw his rubber gloves on the floor? What good is a maid that keeps making the messes?

Spike at Your Service retroactively justified?

I just love how oblivious Spike is to what he's doing here. It's great! And it just seems right that Twilight never even considered what she was like back in Canterlot. It was a lifetime ago for her. It just makes sense she's never even given it a second thought.

And disturbingly many years ago for us.

They go to Canterlot so often. Do they really need to pack bags? I figured it would be a day-trip for them.

Well, they all know where Celestia lives. Finding Twilight’s classmates could have been hard.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh hey! The book's still open to where it was in the very first episode five seasons ago! Continuity!

It’s sad that no one’s been in there.

"How could I have let this happen?" Well...it just kinda happens. I haven't really kept up with many...if any...of the friends I used to have in highschool. Not really any of the ones I had in college either for that matter. None of the people back in the town where I had my first job. It just kinda happens. You move away then you drift away. It sucks...but have you tried actually keeping up with those people?

That’s why you’re not the princess of friendship.

Lyra Heartstrings was the only one in that whole list with a first and last name. Maaaybe Lemon Hearts. Is that one or two words?

We need to come up with a crazy theory for how last names work here.

You know, as much as I liked Minuettes design and presence in the pony-fan community, these first few moments had me concerned I wasn't going to like her. It looked like she was only being nice so she could say she's friends with the princess. Buuuuut, they didn't go that route and made her a genuinely cool character. I like her.

She's peppy! We should get her some coffee...or...tranquilizer. Should probably go with tranquilizer.

I never thought of that. I can see how the character could have gone in that direction, but I didn’t at the time. Her giggle is so genuine.

We should give her all the coffee and see what happens.

"We're always over there visiting [Lyra], or she's coming over here." Or she's in both places at once. I mean, have you seen how she gets around in those backgrounds. Being in both places at once can not be a theory we can dismiss out of hoof here.

Equestria’s trains can get around pretty quickly though, as long as no plot’s happening in the train during the trip. Then Equestria suddenly becomes 1000 times larger.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Okay, Lemon Hearts getting her head stuck in a beaker was visually funny. But...how is that physically possible?

After what I went to school with, I can believe anything.

Yikes! Poor Moondancer! This is where she lives? Fnu? Is this anywhere near Bubonic Inn type levels? Because...this looks bad.

You’ll see.

Heh! Moondancer even annoyed-grunts just like Twilight!

They really went above and beyond to make the repaint concept endearing instead of seeming lazy. Hasbro would be proud.

Nice sunglasses and all...but is this your idea of being inconspicuous?

Minuettes are better.

Minuette does everything better. They should just make her a princess already.

Yeah, Spike! In any other world that's what we would call stalking! But then Twilight is a princess, so I guess it's allowed.

I maintain that in Ponyville the concept of privacy was never invented, so surveillance is normal.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh! Flashback to the first episode! People who came in during the fifth season missed so much!

This whole season was really not made for newcomers.

Twilight of all ponies should know to be quiet in a library!

I actually never got the silence in a library thing. Sure it’s more peaceful that way, for a few minutes. But if you’re in there long enough with everyone trying to be silent is can get maddening.

Okay, being inside the book was pretty cool.

Discord must be so proud of her sometimes.

Hehe! Twilight Twinkle!

Yeah, I have that toy!

Neeeeeeeeeeeerd!!!!

"You mean, I never had you over?" Oh come on, Twilight? Did you ever have anypony over? Really? I mean, is this a question you really have to ask?

I would be surprised if Celestia never pressured her into having anyone over. Heck, Spike might have invited someone over at some point. We know he wasn’t a hermit back then.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wow! Twilight really messed her up! I'm actually glad that they didn't make it easy though. Too often it seems too easy for the Mane 6 to turn someone around *coughDiscordcough*

Poor season 3. So many big ideas, so little time.

I do think an afternoon with Fluttershy could get almost anybody to turn things around though.

Umm...is this what actually happened or is this just how Twilights imagining it? I dont think they ever made that clear.

No way to know. Probably a pretty good guess, but you never know with magic.

Part of me wants to question Pinkie Pie using her tail to fly. The other part of me wants to just say Pinkie Pie and move on.

And you call yourself the Princess of Friendship! Wow...Pinkie! Just...wow!

Add it to my “Pinkie is seriously envious” theory. Pinkie really wishes it was her that got those wings. She’s even pushing herself to learn how to fly.

Oh, piece of literature! Oh, piece of literature! Oh, piece of literature! Oh, piece of literature!

It’s a rule that all unicorns have some obsession of this kind.

Umm, shes still kinda holding a grudge here, Twilight...and you just handed her a bat.

GREAT IDEA! *thumbs up*

She’s not the princess of foresight.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And you think this is gonna do it, huh? Fair question. I really like this. They are not making this easy. And it shouldnt be easy either. Sometimes when you screw up, its not going to be an easy thing to make things good again. Im glad they really put the time into this one.

Oh! Cathartic reason you suck speech. Let her have it Moondancer. Reeeeeally let her have it!!!!

It’s really impressive how this episode is so sweet and happy for a while there, and there’s still enough time to do this whole conflict without rushing it. As much as I miss Larson, he needs to find bigger things to write for because he’s worthy.

Pin the tail on the Celestia! Nice!

You have to wonder who was brave enough to start that.

You know, I really kinda like Moondancer, Minuette and...and...you know...those...other two. Im glad Twilight promised to keep in touch with them. Itll be nice to see her interacting in episodes in...the...fu...ture...

Oh...right!

Well, heres to best pony, Moondancer! After being ditched in the very first episode of the very first season, its about time she got her time in the spot light. Lets hear it for her!

She got one of the best episodes ever to make up for it. One of the very best ever.

Anyway, just gonna agree with the love for Minuette. She's delightful. And I do kinda hope that a future episode confirms that she works in a dental office because, hey, why not? Ponies have to get their teeth cleaned too, right?

I want o see that just to see what equipment non-unicorns clean their teeth with. Freaking how?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Pinkie clones are no less dead than a deactivated golem.
I was going to say something about golems but you beat me to it ._.

I'm not contradicting that they are shapeless magic at the end of the episode, and they were before the episode, too. Since they presumably lost all memories of Ponyville, they're arguably dead. But the stuff that was making them alive wasn't lost or destroyed, either, and a person could argue that that makes them count as not-dead. Philosophically, I think the former interpretation makes more sense, but the latter is the one that the episode goes with.

Interpretations of any fiction are necessarily based on the expectations of the genre, because without making those considerations, fiction would never make any sense. I know it's counter-intuitive, but your objection here is no different from a "So why didn't the eagles just fly the rings into Mordor" question; fiction asks you to play along with a set of rules and give it the benefit of the doubt (suspension of disbelief.) I'm glad that you're taking authorial intent off the table, but any piece of writing implies the rules by which it will be read, and insisting that you're ignoring genre cues and then doing so only selectively is not self-consistent. In cases like this, we can recognize that the message is simply malformed, with a second possible and extremely unfortunate reading.

(Think of it this way - authorial intent is asking, "What did the writers think here?" Reading in context of genre is asking, "What will viewers think here?")

In fact, you'd really have to read it both ways just to create the problem you're talking about. If the clonies are dead, then it doesn't make sense that Twilight would only ever use language that referred to sending them back to the pool. Everything else about the scene indicates that if they really were dying, then she'd want to say so, since the point of everything she said to them was to scare them. If we accept that, then the only thing stopping her would be the fact that it's a cartoon for children. She wasn't being politic - she was being pre-censored. If you're willing to accept that there's something that she "really" said, but that we didn't get the message because it's a cartoon for children, that's a larger leap than the alternative that nothing that happened was actually outside of genre bounds.
You do make a point... But...

This debate just reached 8th grade levels! This is way above my head *claps hands* I'm out!

This is getting waaaay to existential for my brain. My way of thinking, those Pinkies were alive. Now they're not. They were murdered. And I really don't think the gas chamber analogy would be far off. And the way Twilight was just blasting away for the slightest of flinches...she was very darn lucky the real Pinkie didn't get caught up in it.

My 2 cents. For now...I'm out. My head hurts.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Caldwin, pass me the aspirin. This thread has given me a migrane. :p

Geez, guys. Maybe it's just because its getting rather late at night here for some of us, but for a thread devoted to Pinkie Pie 'the pony of party' this thread sure has lost its fun. This whole Pinkie clone thing has been dissected waaaay too deeply into the dark side of things. Gah!

I have a rather simple theory. Perhaps not well thought out, but I'm tired and about to fall asleep at the keyboard. So here I go.

The mirror pool is merely a magical gateway. On the other side of that gateway is the existence of a dimension of magical life forms. They live, learn, think, feel, and have all the emotions that any sentient life form would have. The only exception is that these dimensional creatures have no corporeal form. They exist as a magical specter in their dimension.

These creatures are aware that the pool is a gateway to our physical world. The only way for one or more of these magical life forms to pass through is if someone from the physical world (whether a native or one of their own specter friends that are already here and have already taken a physical form,) opens the door for them by reciting the incantation. When a magical specter in the non-corporeal dimension hears the incantation, it will take on the physical form and surface thoughts of whoever’s reflection are being cast upon the waters.

When this magical specter has become a corporeal being and has passed through the gateway into our physical world, it can now mingle with the natives. It will continue to live, learn, think and feel while it experiences what it is like to be in our physical realm.

When the life form’s time has expired in our physical world, whether by its own choice or by a choice made for it, the life form reverts back to its original magical specter self and returns to the pool. Upon the specter’s return to its own dimension, it can now share with its fellow magical specters what it has learned and experienced from it’s time in our corporeal world.

So in a way (based on my theory,) Twilight only cut the clones’ time short and sent them back to their dimension before they were ready to go on their own. They weren’t finished learning and experiencing what it is like to be in a corporeal world. The fact that some lasted longer than others during Twilight’s test (especially the last clone that was trying to sweat it out) shows that they did not want to go back home yet without experiencing more of our world through the eyes of Pinkie Pie. Twilight zapping the clones was not killing them, but merely returning them back to their original forms as magical specters and sending them back to their home.

There are probably holes in my theory, but I’m sticking to it anyway.

I'm tired. I going to get ready for.....*thud*...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Look at me! I'm skimming on the surface of the conversation! WEEEEEEEE!

Best episode of the season. That grinning bear at the picnic gets to me every time, so adorable for something that looks like that.

Is it just me or are we all starting to say the same things over and over again?
Because we all came to the same conclusion I presented. Expect for Fnu, the little rebel. He might be a bit saddle sore that my explanation was more readily accepted then his~ *sinister grin*

I think this discussion may have now gone on longer than the actual thread for the episode.
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

They've completely lost me on the whole time travel discussion with the walls of text. I think I stopped reading about a couple days ago.
It's definitely in my top 5 debates we've had in the Allsparkle.

This thread has become the distilled essence of tl;dr.

Not our greatest moment.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I believe this is from the Equestria Girls thread.

There was a lot of salad and fruit, but that isn't really going to keep a human body going.
No, but there are plenty of vegans who think it would.

EG Fluttershy had to have been bullied differently, as being a weak flier is probably pretty normal in that setting.
Well...I get the distinct feeling it was far more physical. She's had stuff thrown at her before.
Dodgeballs?

I forget where but there's at least one picture pointing out that there's two different rows of burgers and they're actually drawn differently. It was presumed that one was supposed to be a veggie burger. As far as moral, I'd assume that ponies (other than Fluttershy) have a rule of not eating something you can talk to since that's your neighbor. The show has been pretty open about the fact that the ponies are vegetarian but not vegan. Some vegetarian diets do include fish but exclude red meat and poultry. With Sunset, I think it would be a combination of how awkward she was when she first crossed over and what she put on her plate. It's possible she grabbed the fruit and salad the first time because she recognized them. Or maybe her hair is that way due to bacon consumption. *shrug* For all of the discussion points, I do think she's at least tried meat products while human.
There's definitely a difference. Some of the burgers look normal, while others look like they have green meat. Those could be veggie burgers, or it's just a disturbingly accurate depiction of cafeteria quality control. Either way, they look appropriately disgusting.

I'm glad I didn't go to your highschool, Fnu. I mean, the food at my highschool may not have been 5 star restaurant fare either...but I never really walked away concerned that I just poisoned myself either.
As bad as my high school was, my K-8 school was worse. We did have to be concerned with poisoning ourselves, and there were some items we just knew to avoid. Shortly after I graduated they got a visit from a health inspector. They were told they had to scrap their whole menu. All of it. They weren't allowed to keep one thing.

I think we just uprooted Fnu's deep seeded hatred of cafeteria food...

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
But some cafeteria food is pretty bad, especially at my work. I think it is there idea of "let's keep the food in the heated oven for another three hours before serving it so it doesn't get cold. Besides, it will help remove any unhealthy moister or nutrients from it "
Any school-related subject is going to get me going. I had quite the experience, let me tell you.
This must be a sensitive subject for you seeing how it is about high school and all... Let's continue to discuss it...
This movie doesn't really give me much material. It's one of those fictional high schools where no one seems to have classes. It's weird. In my experience, most of the crazy stuff happened during classes
Oh good, we can just talk about those painful memories then...

How did Twilight pay for lunch? Did she mooch off of Fluttershy?
The same logic that allowed her to make a bed and sleep in the school liberty for several days without anyone really noticing...
I could see a high school library being so rarely used that someone could live in it with no one noticing. I'm pretty sure I was the only person using mine. After I graduated they actually closed the library and sold all the books.

Did she even have any classes? How did neither of the principles realise that there wasn't any paper work for this Twilight Sparkle person to be going to this school?

I guess one thing the annual did right was proving that yes, they actually do have classes at this school. What Twilight did all day I don't know. It's one of those things that would have been worth exploring if this were a movie that explored things.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Your school had to many books anyway... When I had the job of clearing out schools, they had boxes of unused books still in plastic wrap in the closed off parts of the school that we had to throw away... Figured out where all the tax dollars went to...
They didn't have enough books for me. I used to go up there every week and request the most ridiculously obscure books, just to give the poor bored librarians something to do. They knew and I knew that there was no way they'd have a copy, but it was fun anyway. They learned something new every time.

You get curiouser and curiouser by the day. My school's library was actively used and wasn't large so there's no way someone could hide overnight in mine. It worked as a great bonding scene but it only holds up for me due to the library's size.

I'm also intrigued on you expecting most of the interesting stuff to happen during class rather than after. For me, that would only be if there was a substitute or the teacher had to step out.

My classes were always eventful. I've seen epic student-teacher grudge matches, and that is in no way a misuse of the word 'epic'. In K-8 I saw one feud last all ten years. The patience of that teacher was unbelievable. I saw other teachers break after just a few months with certain students. Good times. But a lot of the eventfulness in classes had nothing to do with bad behavior. Some of it was just weird behavior. Some of it was character stuff. Sometimes classes would get disrupted by random events and there was nothing anyone could do about it. We have outdoor hallways in Florida, so bug attacks were a fairly common occurrence. You'd be surprised how much one flying cockroach can disrupt a class.

Ah, some memories just came back. Sometimes we just didn't have a teacher. My K-8 class drove so many substitutes to retirement that toward the end if our teacher didn't show up for some reason we just didn't have one that day. In high school we had some classes where we'd get transferred to a new teacher halfway through. One year our second teacher didn't know we'd been transferred to him, so for our first few days he had no idea he was supposed to come teach us. It was anarchy. Beautiful anarchy.

... What the Goddamn Fractal was wrong with your school?

You mean... alleys? What if it rained?
We got wet. A few times in high school it stormed so bad that they just cancelled classes and kept us inside.

It was anarchy. Beautiful anarchy.
Ha! You want to talk about anarchy at school? I got you topped! My middle school wasn't even a school, it was more like a daycare. I would go to class, crawl under a table, take a nap and got an A for the day. Half the teachers didn't speak English. We had holes in the hallway ceiling where you could see the sky. The only working clock in the building was in the wood shop that was closed off to everyone. The trophies in our showcase were ones that other school's were going to throw away from 20 years ago. One day I just left school and walked home and my mom called the school wondering why I was sent home and the principal swore I was still in class.

When I made it to high school, I didn't even know how to read. I had to learn nine grades of reading in my first year of high school... I often wonder where I would be if I had a proper education growing up...

Oh you want to talk about anarchy at school? One year at my K-8 school the administration mistakenly enrolled too many students and didn't have enough room for all of us. There ended up being a whole class that didn't have a classroom. Oops. I was in that lucky class. We were basically on our own. For the entire year we had no schedule. We just roamed around all day and took any spot that wasn't currently being used for anything. The bell meant nothing to us. When it rang, we just waited to see what happened next. If anyone else came to claim our spot, we had to move because they were scheduled to have that spot and we weren't, and our only rule was that we couldn't disrupt any existing schedules. Then we'd just wander around and check rooms. If one wasn't being used, we'd take it. If they were all taken, we were out of luck. We often ended up having class in a hallway. If it rained, we hid under whatever we could. We reported to no one. The school administration had no idea where we were at any given moment.

It was tremendous fun.

Yeah I shamelessly derailed that thread. But it was the first Equestria Girls thread. Rainbow Rocks hadn't come along and given us anything to talk about yet.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Fnu, I'll just say that I know that some school districts have...concerns...and leave that whole discussion at that.
These were private schools.

Haven't decided if that hurts or helps the argument. Still, stepping away from it.

On the topic of the rather calm reaction to seeing Sunset Shimmer's demon form, I am quite sure that my high school class would have reacted no differently.

Yeah, but we've already established your class was...different.

Fun fact: that high school was actually warned about graduates from my K-8 school. On day one we all found each other in the cafeteria and sat together for old time's sake. Then the head of security came over and sat at our table. He knew everyone's name already.
Okay, the things that my parents have told me about being teachers make most of your stories plausible enough to take at face value. But this one is a bit much.

A competent security guard? Really?

And it looks like we finally got back on track at some point.

Here's a surprising similarity. In both FiM and EG, a talking dog would be considered weird.
But an anthropomorphic dog would get more of a reaction in the EG world while the diamond dogs don't even raise an eyebrow in Equestria.

Hmmn. Spike turned into a dog, so the other dragons would probably become wolves, but what about the diamond dogs?
Diamond dogs seem almost out of place in FiM's setting. They seem more like G1 villains.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And since referring to the EG world as such is kind of clunky, I'm going to start calling psuedo-Canada Horselandia until we get an actual name.
Horselandia works for me, for now. I suck at coming up for names for things.

I'm guessing the EG Wonderbolts are closer to the original Blue Angels. The Wonder Colts and school colors are a cute coincidence, I think.
More likely a pro soccer team, or a racing team. They're athletes that compete in races, after all.

National Olympic track team?
Let's save the "Are Wonderbolts Military?" debate until season 4 addresses it.

We had four lunch periods. What lunch we had depended on our teachers' schedules, with higher level teachers eating at later times. That occasionally caused problems, because teachers were assigned to students at random, with no one checking to see if anything actually worked out. For a brief time I had two lunch periods back to back. Sadly someone complained and it got fixed.

And because I feel like making fun of their little T. Rex arms again, here you go.
start_now__make_a_change_by_glitchking123-d6fng9d.png

Now I wish we'd gotten to seem the play basketball at some point. I bet it would be hilarious.

The amount of stuff that happens after lunch on that final day just does not make sense to me if they have classes, unless it's a bizarre school where seniors eat lunch really early.
Or they all cut classes the day of the big dance.

Surely you, of all people, understand the concept of cutting class.
I actually never cut class in my life. Okay technically I skipped a lot of classes, but I had great reasons. In high school it was always because the administration screwed something up that I'd need to take time out of my day to fix, and man do I have stories about that. Stupid useless guidance department. I couldn't and didn't just skip class just because there was a dance that night.

Although in K-8 I could've, if they could have afforded dances. But that place was special.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Worth pointing out that some teachers cancel class on big event days or the planned schedule is so light that they let kids out early.

Not in my experience. If there was nothing to do we just sat there anyway. It sucked.

One day there was a football game on the other side of the state, and it was a school day, so the school arranged for buses to take anyone who was going. But they told us they were having class anyway, so anyone not going to the game had to show up. We couldn't just take the day off, they said.

The school was bluffing. They weren't really having class, and they didn't expect anyone to actually stay behind. So they had no idea what to do with us. So did they let us out of class? Nope. They herded us all into the gym so they could figure out how many of us were there, and then they sent us all to one classroom and made us stay there. We then sat there. All day. With nothing to do. And we had to stay in our seats as if it were an actual class, even though there was nothing to sit there and do. All day. They could not swallow their pride and let us out, or at least move us to a place where there was something to do.

Your school was just...I'm struggling to think of the proper descriptive term.

But that place was special.
You went to a special class too?
... I'll say yes.

Wait, did none of your high schools have spares/free periods?
I didn't even know that could be a thing. Is it new?

The closest thing I had to a spare period was that precious 15 minutes in homeroom before the first class of the day, and even then certain teachers ruined it by insisting that we had to remain in our seats the whole time. We couldn't even go to our lockers during that time, which makes no sense as they were in the classrooms. Having us just sit there was pointless. I actually got the one and only detention of my life for being still on my way from my locker to my seat in the homeroom when the morning bell went off. I was practically hovering over the damned seat. It was that strict.

They must of loved you...
They actually did. Even that teacher did. I was a great student. That particular teacher was just evil.

We did have a fair point with this particular tangent. the movie's pacing is off. The amount of stuff that happens on that final day just does not make sense.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Are we even talking about Season 3 (or even EG for that matter) any more...or is it safe to drop out now?
I am shamelessly using EG's school setting as an excuse to bring up stories about my school days. It's very therapeutic.

And that's all I could find for that thread.

By the way, old quotes do not port over to Newspark properly. I have to fix them one at a time.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I'd be here forever liking each post individually. SonI liked the last one and just wanted to say thank you so much for preserving these. I can't believe you still have all of this!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I remember the post, but I forget the context. Wasn't it because we either kept making the same observations or otherwise always agreed while doing play by plays?

Top Bottom