Question regarding the Movie Masterpiece (MPM) releases

engledogg

Recovering Completist
Citizen
Okay, so I know that there are differences between the TakaraTomy and Hasbro versions of:

MPM-3 Bumblebee (TT version uses darker plastic, omits paint apps on the eyes)
MPM-4 Optimus Prime (TT version uses lighter plastic, more paint apps than Hasbro version)
MPM-12 Optimus Prime (TT has clear grey plastic for the truck windows, Hasbro's is blue)

Are there ANY differences between the TakaraTomy and Hasbro versions of:

MPM-5 Barricade
MPM-6 Ironhide
MPM-7 Bumblebee
MPM-8 Megatron
MPM-9 Jazz
MPM-10 Starscream
MPM-11 Ratchet?

The differences can be on the packaging (different UPCs, for example...different package graphic layout, stuff like that), the figures themselves (as noted above), the contents of the package, etc.

No matter how slight the difference may be, it still counts. For example, since these utilize "shared" packaging with both TT and Hasbro branding, and even if, packaging-wise, everything (including the UPC) is identical between the TT and Hasbro releases, if the TT version of Barricade only had Japanese instructions (which I'm assuming it does), I would consider it to be a separate product from the Hasbro release.

So, technically, that pretty much makes everything above a separate product, just based on the instructions alone, but I'm definitely interested if there are other differences beyond that, especially concerning the figures themselves.

Thanks in advance,
MIKE
engledogg

Last edited:

engledogg

Recovering Completist
Citizen
I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm probably only looking for differences between the TT and Hasbro figures. If there's a difference in any paint app, any "CE" marking (or lack thereof), any difference in the shade of plastic, please let me know.

TFwiki doesn't really call out any differences other than the ones I noted above (MPM-3, 4, and 12), but I wanted to check with another source to make sure.

Again, thanks in advance,
MIKE
engledogg

Top Bottom