(Potentially) Stolen Transformers (& the YouTubers that Review Them)

Nevermore

Citizen
I'm not saying he is deliberately lying, but bluntly Hasbro is a very disorganised company, and the left hand has literally no idea what the right hand is doing. A lot.
I mean, it took them like 35 years to realize the texts on their toys' packaging were being translated to French twice, once for Canada and once for Europe...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
FWIW Aaron Archer was completely unaware Hasbro's international divisions frequently gave test shots to retailers etc even during the Armada days when he worked there, and that was absolutely a thing.

I'm not saying he is deliberately lying, but bluntly Hasbro is a very disorganised company, and the left hand has literally no idea what the right hand is doing. A lot.
I read at a Facebook group that some "Tealeaf reviewers" got their toys from Vietnamese shopping sites (which were, in turn, believed to be stolen from the factories). Seibertron recently stated that such reviewers got them from a (Singapore?) based site called "Shopee" (links to this are in the first/main post above).

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I note that that thing which does not happen has once again happened. https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/09/21...lass-flamewar-fireglide-in-hand-images-465735
What do you mean? It seems that Benson Yee (who has worked with Hasbro and/or related official third parties) had official access to a legit figure, via Hasbro. Apart from his reputation and history with Hasbro et al, his pictures also include the box and instructions, which PVP and cronies don't, right?

Have I interpreted your post incorrectly?

The Phazer

Citizen
What do you mean? It seems that Benson Yee (who has worked with Hasbro and/or related official third parties) had official access to a legit figure, via Hasbro. Apart from his reputation and history with Hasbro et al, his pictures also include the box and instructions, which PVP and cronies don't, right?

Have I interpreted your post incorrectly?

My point is that it's a test shot (as it has test shot markings on it), not a retail figure, that has been sent out to reviewers, which Aaron Archer claimed didn't happen.

I'm not trying to say that Hasbro are providing review copies to PVP - PVP declared that his Robosen trailer was from them so you'd have to assume if he doesn't say something to that effect then it's not. But I do think it happens more than claimed (especially from Hasbro Asia, without Hasbro US's knowledge).

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
My point is that it's a test shot (as it has test shot markings on it), not a retail figure, that has been sent out to reviewers, which Aaron Archer claimed didn't happen.

I'm not trying to say that Hasbro are providing review copies to PVP - PVP declared that his Robosen trailer was from them so you'd have to assume if he doesn't say something to that effect then it's not. But I do think it happens more than claimed (especially from Hasbro Asia, without Hasbro US's knowledge).

However, if PVP (or any YouTuber) receives promotional items sent from (Hasbro) they must declare this in their video as a "sponsored video" or containing "sponsored content" (it appears as a pop-up/overlay in the top left-hand corner of the video, if I recall). I've never seen PVP or cronies include this in their videos. Not doing so is in direct violation of YouTube's policies and may be grounds for disciplinary action.

And that's kind of one of the main problems with these types of YouTubers; they seem to be flouting rules, regulations or laws either way and profitting from it via YouTube ad revenue.

Last edited:

Mat-Man

Citizen
Wasn't he (the subject of the video and petition) also the individual using slurs as watermarks? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
a petition from two years ago that hasn't even hit 240 signatures in those two years

that'll definitely work, hasbro is going to bring the hammer down on him and everyone else.

full offense but there's way more important things to care about in the world than some toy reviewers who get hold of stolen toys from factories.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Generally asking, but why does this bother you so much?

It's one thing to not dislike something, it's amother when you bring it up at nearly every opportunity, name-calling a bunch of people you've never even met. It makes you comes across more like a sports fan rooting against a team than someone with legitimate concerns, which I doubt is your intent. It's especially perplexing for me given how you apparently can't wait to rush over here to post the pictures of these stolen toys when you find them. Not infrequently after someone else has already done so!

Mat-Man

Citizen
Who do you mean; the person who made the video, or the subject of the video?

After a quick search, all I could find was a critique of their (possibly) verbal diarrhea that they use in their reviews:

- https://www.reddit.com/r/Transformemes/comments/ra3dgp

I was meaning the subject of the video (PvP). But the more I've been trying to remember, I believe it was a different leaker that was posting pics using slurs (particularly the n-word) as watermarks.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I was meaning the subject of the video (PvP). But the more I've been trying to remember, I believe it was a different leaker that was posting pics using slurs (particularly the n-word) as watermarks.
Wow. That's not great. Usually, I just refer to such YouTubers as "tealeves". No need for racism.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Yeah, that was a different leaker.

Top Bottom