Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
OMG there here and there beautiful they have a Copy stamp of Sunrise and Nippon TV so legit?
s-l1600.jpg

3210Self-Destruct

Chushka chuteshka.
Citizen
View attachment 20092

They're all about the same size in altmode, too, which I guess is to be expected.

What's very funny to me is that the mainline one comes off as the odd Wheeljack out. The Weaponizer has the same trademark-dodging design for the front, but both its color scheme and transformation feel like it's specifically a simplified version of the Studio Series toy.
I have the Weaponizer, minus weapon. I’m surprised how nice he is, piddly wheels and all. Going to use him as repaint fodder though. Considering trying to give him G1 Jack’s colorscheme.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All those comments geewhining about "THIS is what he should have been in the movie!" or "Now THAT'S Wheeljack and not Pablo!" just make me sad.

On one hand, the movies are clearly their own thing, so using the name Wheeljack to not be a G1-esque Wheeljack doesn't bother me any more than, for instance, Armada Wheeljack.

On the other hand, there are like 14 very different guys in the live action movieverse all named Wheeljack, which is a bit odd. Maybe it's the Cybertronian equivalent of "John Smith" or something.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
All those comments geewhining about "THIS is what he should have been in the movie!" or "Now THAT'S Wheeljack and not Pablo!" just make me sad.
It's a decent look, though, and probably closer to what many fans expected.

That said, I like the Wheeljack we got in RotB. I wouldn't want him replaced with a "Moar Geewun" version; I would happily buy both, and they could both be Wheeljack, just have to come up with some clever way to differentiate them. (NOT going with Pablo, and the vehicle mode color is out for similar reasons)

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like the cUstoms I've seen-- of the Core figure with I think the Cybertronian Wheeljack head and the other with a Cybertron Downshift head. Colors kept as is.

Shadewing

Citizen
It's a decent look, though, and probably closer to what many fans expected.

That said, I like the Wheeljack we got in RotB. I wouldn't want him replaced with a "Moar Geewun" version; I would happily buy both, and they could both be Wheeljack, just have to come up with some clever way to differentiate them. (NOT going with Pablo, and the vehicle mode color is out for similar reasons)

Fat Wheeljack and Tall Wheeljack!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I feel like Wheeljack has such a uniquely awesome head that not having a Wheeljack invoke it in some way just feels like a waste of an awesome design. And you can't just put it on someone else (Exhaust and the like notwithstanding), as that would be like putting Optimus's head on someone else.

Heck, there are probably more guys who look like Optimus who aren't him (or clones of some stripe) than there are Wheeljack!

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen

On one hand, the movies are clearly their own thing, so using the name Wheeljack to not be a G1-esque Wheeljack doesn't bother me any more than, for instance, Armada Wheeljack.

On the other hand, there are like 14 very different guys in the live action movieverse all named Wheeljack, which is a bit odd. Maybe it's the Cybertronian equivalent of "John Smith" or something.

I feel like Wheeljack has such a uniquely awesome head that not having a Wheeljack invoke it in some way just feels like a waste of an awesome design.

I guess the thought I have is we're a long way from name-reuse-to-keep-registered-trademark times. It's not like Hasbro hasn't made enough Wheeljacks to keep him active. So why do the live-action movies seem so adamant about using specific names and then giving them virtually zero references to their origins? They could literally call these characters anything they wanted. They frequently don't look, act or sound like the characters previously established. Heck, Wheeljack doesn't even look like what the live-action movies have established twice (though he's at least been a tinkerer/scientist type).

On the flip-side. Just like there are more than one "Steve" in our world, there's no reason there can't be more than one "Wheeljack" from Cybertron. So yeah - it's fine.

But yes, I'm still of the opinion that the opening sequence to the Bumblebee movie is the best live-action Transformers to date. Simply put, I'll never believe a Transformers movie can't mostly be about Transformers. That's obviously the Geewunner in me! ;) 🤣

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The full-animated Transformers One is probably the only route to go for a Transformers-centered movie. As long as humans are relatively cheap to film compared to rendering photo-realistic robots interacting with the physical world, any live-action movie is going to be mostly humans with the occasional robot.

Dake

Citizen
The full-animated Transformers One is probably the only route to go for a Transformers-centered movie. As long as humans are relatively cheap to film compared to rendering photo-realistic robots interacting with the physical world, any live-action movie is going to be mostly humans with the occasional robot.

True. This is one of the areas where I think AI could actually be beneficial to the medium but obviously the slope is very slippery.

Top Bottom