Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I'm not entirely certain that the Legacy Hound mold is going to be better than what we got back in 2009. Or, at least that's how I've been feeling based on what we've seen so far.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Same, actually. This is one of the releases that have aged the best.

Last edited:

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Same, actually. This is one of the releases that have aged the best.

I can't tell if LE Detritus/Hound can even do a shoulder mounted launcher, or if he's saddled with the same problem as Kingdom Mirage.
Fortunately, there seem to be both ports and posts around the shoulder areas so mounting the launcher doesn't seem to be an issue.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Fortunately, there seem to be both ports and posts around the shoulder areas so mounting the launcher doesn't seem to be an issue.
Ayup, I rechecked our screencaps of the stream where they announced him and the display model does indeed have the rocket launcher up and level with the shoulders (as opposed to the stock image/render, which has it swiveled down and back to point up). I've gone back and edited that bit out of my post ;)
tt7.PNG

I really wish there were one or two more accent colors on this thing, though, yikes.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It just hit me. If Takara were to ever try sneaking that new Tow-Line into the background of some new JG1 manga, they could easily use it to represent a post-RobotMasters Wrecker Hook having finally gotten his memories back and rejoined his Autobot comrades.

(Still waiting for them to explain what happened that led to him losing his memories in the first place, though! Like, did Fire Convoy's team just abandon him or something? And he's still a Decepticon 31 years later during Metrowars, so what gives, Takara?)

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It just hit me. If Takara were to ever try sneaking that new Tow-Line into the background of some new JG1 manga, they could easily use it to represent a post-RobotMasters Wrecker Hook having finally gotten his memories back and rejoined his Autobot comrades.

(Still waiting for them to explain what happened that led to him losing his memories in the first place, though! Like, did Fire Convoy's team just abandon him or something? And he's still a Decepticon 31 years later during Metrowars, so what gives, Takara?)
I may display him with the rest of the Toxitron wave. Just a great vibrant look.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
I do wish they'd dust off the other Conehead versions for some of these though - just makes me want Nacelle-from-Thrust even more.
The problem is that Ramjet was sort of the default "main" Conehead back in the day so they used his mould to test these decos on. So years later when Hasbro dredges these prototypes up they go "oh so it's a Ramjet repaint" and just run with it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
You know, Ramjet's had all these other redecos, Thrust has Nacelle as an option, but it seems Dirge is the only Conehead whose wings have never been used for any other Seeker deco besides Dirge himself.

Top Bottom