Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Yup, it's a good way to allow the good guys to show they can defeat the bad guys without showing them actually defeating (or at least defeating them in a permanent manner) the named bad guys because otherwise the show would be over lol.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Plus, it feels good to see Sunstreaker shoot random deathbot #274B3. You don't want to think about Thundercracker's robo-wife and childbots starting to worry when he doesn't come home that night.

RichardT519

Citizen
Yup, it's a good way to allow the good guys to show they can defeat the bad guys without showing them actually defeating (or at least defeating them in a permanent manner) the named bad guys because otherwise the show would be over lol.
Also it makes the good guys look more heroic by making sure they don't have a numerical advantage over the bad guys.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
(This trope is part of why I maintain that stasis lock was the greatest and most underappreciated contribution BW made to the canon, because it means you can have the heroes defeating the Named villains and still have those Named villains around to sell toys next week.)
Absolutely. Otherwise, by all sense and reason, there's no way Terrorsaur should have come back from this:

TheSpark_Terrorsaur%27s_head.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If that had happened, I kinda feel like there would have been mixed reception about that.

Like, on the one hand, Armada Megatron becoming Galvatron after killing G1 Galvatron and stealing his power could have been interpreted as saying the Armada comics were incapable of having its own Megatron become Galvatron on his own from the power of something native to his own universe, instead needing to literally steal from G1 in order to do it.

And on another hand, Armada Megatron renaming himself "Galvatron" after having just stolen the power of the guy he just killed feels a bit odd when one considers that he would end up naming himself after a guy that he just proved himself to be better than. It'd be like, "I, Megatron, have now proven myself superior to Galvatron! So now I'll call myself 'Galvatron'!" What?!

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
True, but as a concept for a future piece of work or something, that is a really unique and cool idea. Like there is some kind of additional "Matrix" type power that Galvatron possesses, and by killing him, that power is transferred. That would be a fun story.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If that had happened, I kinda feel like there would have been mixed reception about that.

Like, on the one hand, Armada Megatron becoming Galvatron after killing G1 Galvatron and stealing his power could have been interpreted as saying the Armada comics were incapable of having its own Megatron become Galvatron on his own from the power of something native to his own universe, instead needing to literally steal from G1 in order to do it.

And on another hand, Armada Megatron renaming himself "Galvatron" after having just stolen the power of the guy he just killed feels a bit odd when one considers that he would end up naming himself after a guy that he just proved himself to be better than. It'd be like, "I, Megatron, have now proven myself superior to Galvatron! So now I'll call myself 'Galvatron'!" What?!
Or better yet.

Whenever you managed kill Galvatron, he comes back to life as a copy of what you are. Because if you could kill his previous form then you must be a better choice for Galvatron to be. So in the Armada comics, Armada Megatron uses the starsaber to kill Galvatron. Then the next issue, Bam! Galvatron is back in Armada form with the new color scheme wielding the darksaber.

I like that idea....

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
True, but as a concept for a future piece of work or something, that is a really unique and cool idea. Like there is some kind of additional "Matrix" type power that Galvatron possesses, and by killing him, that power is transferred. That would be a fun story.

That is an interesting idea. A foil for the Autobot matrix of leadership, which is passed on willingly from one leader to the next. The Decepticon "matrix power" is won by defeating and killing the current host.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Seems like the assumption is that Armada Megatron would voluntarily take G1 Galvatron's power and rename himself.

What if it wasn't voluntary? What if, by killing Galvatron, Unicron's influence or corruption or whatever infects Megatron, forcing a color change (rather than a full body morph since Unicron isn't directly instigating the change), and subconsciously causing Megatron to take on the name Galvatron? (It's been so long since I read the comic, but did Megatron even know what Galvatron's name was? I feel like he didn't...?) It would be a nod to the long-reaching corrupting influence of Unicron in the Marvel comics, rather than any G1 vs Armada competition.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Seems like the assumption is that Armada Megatron would voluntarily take G1 Galvatron's power and rename himself.

What if it wasn't voluntary? What if, by killing Galvatron, Unicron's influence or corruption or whatever infects Megatron, forcing a color change (rather than a full body morph since Unicron isn't directly instigating the change), and subconsciously causing Megatron to take on the name Galvatron? (It's been so long since I read the comic, but did Megatron even know what Galvatron's name was? I feel like he didn't...?) It would be a nod to the long-reaching corrupting influence of Unicron in the Marvel comics, rather than any G1 vs Armada competition.
That... might have been part of my notion at the time?

I mean, I just thought that Megatron would become Galvatron somehow, and having G1 Galvatron there and them fighting seemed like a way to do it.

Imagine my surprise when he never became Galvatron at all.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Makes me wish we could get a new Armada comic. Imagine what they could've done if they hadn't had to drop everything to move on to Energon. (Or, y'know, not been another victim of Dreamwave falling up its own ass.)

Top Bottom