(Possible) Transformers Collaborative Thread - Bandai and Takara Team-Up?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Explains why they chose the Zero over the other classic Ligers. There's at least five alternate versions they could make to milk the mold.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've not really had interest in Zoids for 30 years now, but these do look cool. Nice engineering on the Liger.

NovaSaber

Citizen
So, nothing Takara-related was mentioned, but there are several more non-Digimon Vital Bracelets (the fitness smartwatch that's also a virtual pet) announced yesterday, so maybe one of the still-announced things could be one of those based on a Takara Tomy thing?

MrBlud

Citizen
Dare to dream of a Jetfire reissue.

That’s the only thing at this point from the original ‘84 G1 that Japan never got right?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I want a Roadbuster too. That shouldn't be too hard since hardly anyone cares about Dorvack anyway.

MrBlud

Citizen
Shockwave was available in the original line
7E836F93-EB57-4B8C-BBFA-5FA94CB3CEA0.jpeg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Dare to dream of a Jetfire reissue.

That’s the only thing at this point from the original ‘84 G1 that Japan never got right?
Jetfire's toy was 1985.

Also from that year were the Jumpstarters, the Deluxe Autobots, and the Deluxe Insecticons that were left out of the Japanese line.

Meanwhile, from 1986, Japan never got Runabout and Runamuck.

Last edited:

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Probably not related but Seibertron has a thing up saying Hasbro is having a Pulse Stream June 23, and a 'collab' with Target on the 24, though that's more likely to be things like Red Cog and the like, I'd think.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
So the more expensive Maverick does not come with the volleyball accessories, as they are going to be the way to differentiate this from the original release.

Lame.

MrBlud

Citizen
This is an overall collaborative thread.

Not just Bandai.

Maverick (both of them) are collaborative releases so it’s germane to the thread.

Top Bottom