Personal Canon Thread

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Are we supposed to know what happened on September 3, 1996?
If and when I get around to introducing any refugees from that universe in my own stories, the divergence point will be relevant to the plots, yes.
As far as the Transcendent Technomorphs are concerned, though, it's just another universe in a cluster where beings like them don't seem to exist (Quadwal 207.0 Kappa being a notorious and bizarre exception), so they hadn't examined it too closely before it went foom.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If and when I get around to introducing any refugees from that universe in my own stories, the divergence point will be relevant to the plots, yes.
As far as the Transcendent Technomorphs are concerned, though, it's just another universe in a cluster where beings like them don't seem to exist (Quadwal 207.0 Kappa being a notorious and bizarre exception), so they hadn't examined it too closely before it went foom.
Let me put it another way: Those universal stream designations are all Greek to us if there's no way for any of us to actually tell what they pertain to.

The article you linked to before certainly didn't say what that universe is supposed to be.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Let me put it another way: Those universal stream designations are all Greek to us if there's no way for any of us to actually tell what they pertain to.

The article you linked to before certainly didn't say what that universe is supposed to be.
Literally Greek, given the media designators! :D

That said, you make a fair point, and I hope to make the opportunity to say more on the matter. Right now, such would make some massive spoilers....

On a related note, it would seem that the stream system is becoming a bit of an Old Shame to TFWiki, as various posters seem to get increasingly cranky about the concept. Yes, it was made deliberately unintuitive (though I seem to grasp the basic strokes readily enough, for whatever that's worth); and yes, it has a built in Y72 flaw (going by the hundredth anniversary of Kronoform/Diaclone, should the Transformers brand last so long). We really don't have anything better to replace it yet, however, so I don't see why one shouldn't be able to make an article for (to give a canon example) Primax 221.03 Gamma (the Beast Wars 2021 IDW comic). I get the impression that any such attempt would last all of 30 seconds, because Ask Vector Prime isn't running anymore to confirm that sort of math.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
so I don't see why one shouldn't be able to make an article for (to give a canon example) Primax 221.03 Gamma (the Beast Wars 2021 IDW comic).
Only streams that have been used/spoken in officially-licensed Transformers media can get Wiki pages. Nothing hypothetical or theoretical. It has to have been mentioned in an official capacity.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, it's your personal canon; you do what works for you. But if it's going to be shared with others, something more accessible and less jargony would probably be best. But it's your call.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I mean, it's useful to be able to label your headcanons if nothing else (my main universe is Primax 1079.05 Theta: Primax because it's G1-based, 1079.05 for my birthdate [Oct 10, 1979], and Theta because this universe was first "charted" by 5-year-old me playing with my toys on my bedroom floor, which I'm counting as a live performance).

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Only streams that have been used/spoken in officially-licensed Transformers media can get Wiki pages. Nothing hypothetical or theoretical. It has to have been mentioned in an official capacity.
I think you said what I said above, only more formally. :)

The only problem I have with that is that it would appear that those who do have an official capacity to declare and document such things appear to have given up on the whole scheme. I mean, hey, Fannish Burnout is a thing, I've suffered from it, I'm not unsympathetic. Also too, Fun Pub losing their license probably cut the legs out from the stream catalogue system, as both Transtech fiction and the emphasis on multiple story-universes old and new as opposed to Whatever Hasbro Is Releasing Currently was largely their thing. It's still frustrating, though, to see the patterns and not be able to contribute, at least not on the canonical stuff.

(I could, of course, just put my own list of streams up on Shoutwiki or something -- but Shoutwiki's content creation has been down for a while. Ah well.)

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Well, it's your personal canon; you do what works for you. But if it's going to be shared with others, something more accessible and less jargony would probably be best. But it's your call.
The initial root of the concept (which had more to do with Everett-Wheeler theory (basically, the old saw about how all outcomes to a given event that can occur do occur, but in branch timelines)) wasn't closely tied to Transfomers fiction as such -- the bit that makes it "personal canon" was that, if memory serves me, official word of Sorenson et al. was that Quadwal universes by their very nature were immune to any of the dimension-hopping and world-colliding shenanigans of the pre-Shroud Transformers Multiverse. The Fanon Wiki article that started this discussion is basically me asking "Are you sure about that?"

Hence, the Transtech universe identifier. In truth, the events that took place on September 3, 1996 created a lot of branch timelines, but this is the only one they had cause to notice.

Last edited:

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
I mean, it's useful to be able to label your headcanons if nothing else (my main universe is Primax 1079.05 Theta: Primax because it's G1-based, 1079.05 for my birthdate [Oct 10, 1979], and Theta because this universe was first "charted" by 5-year-old me playing with my toys on my bedroom floor, which I'm counting as a live performance).
Yes! And especially with the Primax family (which included both G1/G2 and Beast era), it can be important to make things clear that the latter is not always a direct sequel to the former. Hence (to use a canon example) Primax 496.22 Alpha (the Beasties cartoon, as I knew it in the day) not being the same stream as Primax 984.17 Alpha (Sunbow Generation 1) -- as there are just enough Marvel Comics reference in the former that we can't 100% certain say the latter leads seamlessly into it.

Neale Davidson's Headmasters II fanfiction saga, same thing. On the Fanon Wiki, I designated it Primax 600.05 Alpha (assuming an animated series based on the scripts, and going from the launch of the first script to A.T.T.), and this not only tells us when it was made and what medium, but reminds us that it would be hard placed to follow either the Rebirth or Marvel-G1 (because Black Zarak/Devil Z and "transtectors"), but it certainly isn't Toei-G1 because it takes place on Nebulos. Like BW, it kind of drew from a bunch of sources to create its own G1 backstory we get teasing glimpses of.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
On a funnier if more obscure note, it's my considered belief that the Van-Pires (from the short-lived and utterly bizarre CG/live-action hybrid of the same name) are a derelict offshoot of Cybertronians, suffering from a peculiar spark-malady....
Van-Pires.jpg

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
The Diaclone is the Prime's elite strike force, led by Delta Magnus.

All members of it are characters made from Diaclone-inspired decos. The Decepticon Diaclone-inspired decos are former members who defected to the Decepticons.

Little does anyone know that Diaclone member Spinout is secretly a mortal vessel for Primus to observe the Cybertronian race during the Great War.

Based on the fact that the red Countach LP500S Super Tuning toy was the first entry into the Diaclone "car robots" line and is often considered the first "real world thing to robot" transforming toy.

Glitch

Citizen
Fossilizers are a Vok faction.
Legacy BlackZarak is Sunbow Zarak bonded to Takara Zarak both as heads for a malevolent titan which attempted to colonize Nebulos.
Takara Overlord is controlled by a resurrected Giga and Mega whereas Hasbro Overlord is their now living former transtector who is binary bonded to Dreadnaut.
Chasm and Gatorface stole and pimped new versions of Hardhead and Skullcruncher's transtectors.
Buzzworthy Dinobot is the clone who survived the crash of the Nemesis and had his transmetal/alien mutation absorbed by an unknown character, he contains Rampage's spark but none of his evil, he practices atonement for this partners deeds.
Legacy Skids is Marvel UK Skids, Legacy Galvatron is Sunbow Galvatron and both are at odds because Skids wants revenge on 'a' Galvatron for taking years of his life, causing his torment in limbo.
DX2 Guard is Ironhide in stealth paint.
Titans Return Soundblaster is Animated Soundwave who's built himself a new body.
Alpha Quintesson was Quintis Prime who got lost within multiple personality disorder, he created the Quintessons and then the Terrorcons who bonded to the Decepticon Scorponok, Planet Q, was destroyed in the ten years after Unicron teleported from Cybertron.

MTMTE/LL 'personal canon'
'Tarn' before Glitch was Proteus, he was a victim of shadowplay, when his mind was repaired during a Decepticon campaign on Torkulon, he fled the DJD and has remained one step ahead, he is still in hiding.
Getaway had his mind altered by Sunder during his capture and incarceration by Tyrest, he didn't know this and neither did the crew, the crew fell under Sunder's influence to accept his captaincy.
Star Saber was a Decepticon who joined the circle of light to evade the DJD, his successor is Functionist universe Dominus Ambus who serves on the Exitus, he's dodging meeting Rewind and interested in a crewmember called Amp.
Scorponok's plan to use biological organisms to create sparks would have failed and only organics would have been born.
Fortress Maximus is Pious Maximus body transplanted with another's spark like Slug.
The Guiding Hand were an ancient combiner, all of them outliers, the names Primus, Solomus and so on were given to them by the Cybertronians of that era and their true names are long forgotten, they were champions of the outcasts on Cybertron thirty million years ago.

Last edited:

Platypus Prime

Citizen
GI Joe Megatron and Bumblebee are on the SAME side (their own) and are not affiliated with the rest of the Transformers. They're from an alternate post-war Universe that they left realizing they were icons of that war and so long as they were around, it was possible it might flare again. So they went where they thought no one would notice (a universe where both of them already existed and were on opposite sides) and made many synthoids that are the 'face' of their business, a mercenary outfit that takes on jobs that in some way help accelerate the end of the conflict.

And yes, I am working out them, any other Joe crossovers, and the few Joe figures I have to be something akin to the A team.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Chapter 5: The Titan War

After their defeat at Skalorr, the Elders' empire was in decline, but not yet completely gone; they marshalled their forces at Unicron, the first of their factory-worlds, and prepared to reclaim Primus. Without the spacebridge network (still under Logos' lockout), this process took almost a millennium, but the Elders were nothing if not patient.

They were also careful, and sabotaged Unicron's code through his Matrix Key; all production facilities were shut down, and command protocols were decentralized. Unicron would never be able to rebel as Primus had. New security protocols were also put into place on other factory worlds; Dyos, Tertis, Quadrus, Quintessa, and the under-construction Hexus.

#

On Primus, Solus Prime continued her work to restore the still-comatose Votus. She was eventually successful, but Votus, now fused permanently with the Matrix of Creation, remained crippled, barely able to lift his arm, weighed down by the fragments of the Key that had embedded themselves in him. His every action needed the support of his loyal attendants, led by Alpha Trion, who effectively became "high priest" to Votus' people, the otherwise leaderless Diaclones.

Boltax and Logos sensed a coming threat (via the Underbase, which the Elders were still using), but Logos, gripped by his normal crypticism, refused to react, leaving it to Boltax to reach out to Alpha Trion. Logos merely watched, and listened.

When he judged the time right, Logos made his move, summoning Nexus and Solus to attend Votus' bedside.

By the time the Elders' invasion fleet arrived, only rumours and directionless anxiety presaged their arrival; most of the inhabitants of Primus were caught unprepared, including the Primes themselves, scattered as they were across the planet, many not having seen each other in decades or centuries.

The invasion fleet was massive, the largest assembled since Primus' creation (matched only by the warfleets deployed in the ancient war, millennia prior), and the invasion was bolstered by Terrorcons designed specifically to destroy: Sparkeaters, Sharkticons, Allicons, Piranacons, Scraplets, and Morphobot spores. They also deployed their newly-created Metrotitans; massive converting starships, so collossal that even the Primes themselves could not defeat them.

The simultaneous worldwide invasion devastated the planet. As the fortress-city of Seibertron itself came under bombardment, one particular strike team, led by the warlord Infernocus, staged a raid deep into the depths, seeking Vector Sigma. Their plan was to bypass the Omega Lock (which was still inside Seibertron) and force a systemwide reboot of Primus, lobotomizing every mechanoid on the planet and reestablishing their control.

The three Primes barricaded inside the besieged city worked desperately to come up with a plan. It was Nexus' words about wishing they could serve as Votus' arms and legs that gave Solus the inspiration, reconfiguring Nexus' modular body to attach to Votus. As the work was finished, Logos Prime appeared (though how he had gotten inside the perimetre, no one could immediately tell), and with a Word tore open a breach in space (above, the Elders briefly detected a flicker of spacebridge energy).

Infernocus and his team reached Vector Sigma, only to find their progress halted by the merged Votus/Nexus (calling Themself "Prima Magnus"), wielding the Star Saber. As the two giants clashed, Prima Magnus channeled the power of the Matrix through the Saber, unleashing torrents of energy, and reactivating the unused planetary defenses (designed to protect the planet from external invasion, and thus useless against the earlier uprising). Infernocus himself was mutilated in the battle, but managed to skulk away, continuing to haunt the underlevels for some time.

The Elder fleet was forced to withdraw, leaving their landed forces behind; more than 50% of the planet was again under their rule, and more than three quarters of the world were reduced to devastated, monster-infested wilderness. The Elders had carefully avoided the areas of the Forges (not wanting to destroy the expensive resources they needed to reclaim), and these walled cities became isolated redoubts as the Elder-controlled Titans sought to breach them.

In the wake of the battle, Prima Magnus returned to the surface and separated --finding as they did that the combination had revitalized --reformatted-- Votus, who took to calling himself Prima, able to wield the Star Saber like an extension of his own body. With the war still in progress on (and under) the planet's surface, and the Primes scattered around the planet, it fell to Logos (the only being who could warp freely [reactivating the spacebridge for nanoseconds at a time]) and Prima (wielding the only weapon that could slay a Metrotitan) to reunite the their brethren.

As the Metrotitans rampaged across the planet, it was the smallest and humblest of Primus' children who brought salvation: A team of Cyberdroids led by Brave managed to infiltrate a Titan called Maximus, avoiding its Elder crew while attempting to disable it from within. Recognizing the simple brainwaves that had to be driving such a machine, Brave was able to interface directly with the giant, bypassing the crew's input, and becoming the first Cityspeaker. Similar feats occurred surrounding the Titans Chela (tamed by Onyx Prime), Metroplex (by Codexa), and Iaconus (by Maccadam), who were then convinced to turn on their fellows. Other Titans were brought down from the air, mingling with the wreckage of the world below.

It was the Titans that turned the tide of the war, becoming mobile fortresses from which the children of Primus could reclaim their devastated world.

The Elders were not inactive during this time, and carefully secured enough of a beachhead to deploy their weapons of last resort; Hecate, Artemis, Selene, and Cyberion, battle-moons (coordinated by the "Mega-titan" Cthon) equipped with EMP bombs powerful enough to destabilize the Plasma Energy Chamber --the chain reaction would wipe every hard drive and vapourize every spark on Primus.

Logos and Prima managed to reunite the Thirteen just in time, and Prima wielded the Star Saber to slay the Titan Cthon (sending his tentacled head plunging into Primus' atmosphere) and scar one of the moons. This time, with his upgraded body, the power of the Allspark did not harm him. The Elders themselves fled the planet once again, leaving their Terrorcon beasts behind.

ZacDeath

WWOPD
Citizen
Skywarp vs. Acidstorm
since there is a history of releasing Acidstorm figures when everyone is expecting the next seeker repaint to be Skywarp, I think that Acidstorm is a competitant warrior and takes things very serious, who should move up the ranks to join Starscream’s side, but is constantly being sabotaged by Skywarp’s practical jokes. They hate each other

Onyx

Citizen
When it comes to Shattered Glass in my canon, I like to use the Autobots as victims of the robo-smasher. Where Flamewar and Slicer betray Delta Magnus, Bluebolt (Blurr), Slugbug (Bumblebee) and Broadcast w/ Playback (Blaster and Rewind). Their Autobot insignias turning purple, as a sign of their reprograming. While Flamewar and Slicer's new Decepticon insignias are red, their way of showing they willingly chose to join Megatron.

Also, with Flamewar being a City Speaker for Metro Titan (Cybertron Metroplex w/ SG Autobot Reprolabels) it was easy for her to use the robo-smasher on him as well.

SG Soundwave has been altered a little. Painting the green silver and swapping out his head with Siege Soundwaves and repainting it light metallic blue to match the rest of the blue on the figure. Also put a DJD insignia on him and renamed him Dispatch. SG Ravage is now Glit and I had already repainted a wfc Ravage and Laserbeak into Howlback and Garboil.

SG Laserbeak is being used as Sundor. With him and another Ravage repaint I'm working on, Stripes being Mercenaries under Soundblaster.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I kind of came up with a bit of a back story for Starscream and why he wants to be leader of the Decepticons:
Long ago, Starscream's ancessor was apart of a tribe of Transformers and they called themselves Decepticons because they were connected to the first Decepticon, AKA the Fallen, but after their mighty leader was defeated and sealed away, his accessor took command of these Decepticons, for a time, they thrived until they were defeated and scattered, Starscream creator and their creator, a few lines back, installed the desire to be leader and conquer all of Cybertron, believing it to be their rightful destiny to rule, he joins the group founded by Megatron, believing that, he could over throw Megatron and become leader of the Decepticons, thou written in the book of Primus, AKA The Covenant of Primus, is a little prophacy foretelling of the upstart, achiving their long held dream, to loose it all, thou nobody took it seriously until the day Starscream, "died" thus some Decepticons during their spare time, skimmed through the book and its many passages and possible prophacies to see if anything effected them or not!

Top Bottom