Ollies Bargin Outlet..anything good?

Darth_Prime

Citizen
So I just moved to Tampa, Fl a few months back. A few days ago I heard somebody mention Ollies and I immediately started looking up if there where any around and sure enough, there are! For those who have been lately, preferable in the Tampa area.....as the title says, anything good? When I was in New Mexico I was seeing all of the great finds and prices folks on the boards were getting there. Id love to walk in and see a Titan Scorp for $50, but I dont think thats happening.

What about Star Wars Black Series figures? I know it seems my local Target has a hard enough time getting any of them in stock, so I was not expecting there to be new waves there.

Any other good toy finds there?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
They're an outlet store, so the stuff will be varied. You can check their online ad...but that's usually reserved for significant buys. I know the last time I went (a LONG time ago) the ad featured Avalon Hill games, but I also came across a couple cases of Earthrise Micromasters for, like, $3.

Outlet stores, you just have to stop by and check in on every now and then.

I will say mine had a REALLY nice graphic novel section.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
There's an Ollie's in RI, too. The location here is pretty hit or miss. Many years ago it used to be known as Warehouse 9 or something, and had D&D 3.5 books for cheap. It's still a decent source for cheap books, but nothing as nice as the D&D books anymore.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Its where I got Titans Return Fort Max for $39.99 a few years ago in a store in Pennsylvania
This is what I want. Amazing deals like this. Best Ive gotten was a Combiner Wars Devy for $50 (and tax free) at the store on Ft. Bliss. Somebody had marked them wrong and I had a $20 gift card.

LiamA

Citizen
I go there mostly for food. At the store here in North Charleston for the moment they carry a brand of coffee called Zilka which is pretty good.

Dvandom

Citizen
Right now, you might find some leftover Rung/Slitherfang wave for $6. In the past year, there's been some good TF deals (like $10 Studio Deluxes, $25 for the Cyberverse seeker four-pack), but at the moment it's kinda slim pickings.

---Dave

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I hit up Ollie's in Ohio when we visit the in-laws, and there's often some interesting finds. It's a lot less consistent selection than a Walmart or Target, and usually best for catching older figures at a discount after they've been gone from other stores for a while. But it's worth checking out every so often. Sometimes, there are things you just don't see anywhere else. And their book section can be pretty wild!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Found the Netflix Ultra Magnus there once for $25, but that was a couple years ago. It's a closeout chain, it's always kind of a gamble on what they'll have.

LiamA

Citizen
One of my best purchases at Ollie's was a collection of the Woody Allen comic series. Originally sold for thirty something I think I got if for a dollar something.

Dake

Citizen
Visiting Tulsa and got to visit my first Ollie's today. Nothing exciting but it was in an old Toys R Us that I used to frequent many, many years ago. They didn't really change much inside (or outside) the store - still had the "old TRU" layout, checkout counters and everything. Just the graphics on the walls were different. Bit of a hit to the feels when I walked in.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
When it starts getting to the christmas shopping season is when they usually go heavy on the toys.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
our gets in the local barnes and noble's overstock of old graphic novels and ocassionaly the odd transformer gem. i got my trypticon when they had them in a couple years ago.

LiamA

Citizen
Stopped in Ollie's today and it looks like they are starting to put out toys for Christmas time and they already have some Christmas stuff out for sale.

LiamA

Citizen
Anyone here familiar with Ollie's rewards program? I think there has been some sort of change to it. Yesterday I spent forty dollars at Ollie's and my reward points were about 170 and today I look at my account and I am now a two star general and I wasn't close enough to level up.

Dvandom

Citizen
There might have been a special going on that multiplied points on the stuff you bought? Because I'm still 162 away from two star.

---Dave

Top Bottom