Not-Jetfire (Macross Robotech VF-1S God of Flame) with Fast Pack Armour from Kitzconcept

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Macross Robotech VF-1S God of Flame with Fast Pack Armour Image (5)__scaled_800.jpg

From TFormers:

"
No, Hasbro is not releasing a remake of the Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie or G1 Jetfire. However, this is too close to home not share the independent release by HK toys maker Kitzconcept . They have been releasing 1/72 scaled 19 cm / 7.5 inch versions of the whole Macross squad.

KitzConcept has posted this listing for the Macross Robotech VF-1S God of Flame with Fast Pack Armour officially Harmony GOLD licensed homage to the original Takatoku figure with a hightly detailed deco, LED lights, and other special features. The limited edition of 1,000 numbered sets will be released on November 2022 for $230 USD, or just $210 USD on preorder that is open now at kitzconcept.com "
(Source: - https://tformers.com/macross-robote...-pack-armour-from-kitzconcept/47145/news.html )
Macross Robotech VF-1S God of Flame with Fast Pack Armour Image (4)__scaled_600.jpg
Macross Robotech VF-1S God of Flame with Fast Pack Armour Image (3)__scaled_600.jpg
Macross Robotech VF-1S God of Flame with Fast Pack Armour Image (2)__scaled_600.jpg
Macross Robotech VF-1S God of Flame with Fast Pack Armour Image (1)__scaled_600.jpg

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, this does look really nice. I actually bought the VF1-J Valkyrie (Rick Hunter), and he's pretty good. Transformation is not great though, and he's a little...frail-feeling in some areas. For those reasons, I don't mess with him too much, and I don't think that I would take another plunge on one. Still, as a display piece, this would be really cool.

Dake

Citizen
They still own the (US Distribution) for Macross; nothing has ever stopped them from releasing another red Veritech (aside from being squatters that produce nothing of value besides lawsuits). They just can't sue Hasbro for making toys inspired by the design of a toy Hasbro originally made under license and owns the rights to. And iIrc, it wasn't even the jet itself, it was the stickers and fastpack-like addition made for the Skystriker.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Yeah, this does look really nice. I actually bought the VF1-J Valkyrie (Rick Hunter), and he's pretty good. Transformation is not great though, and he's a little...frail-feeling in some areas. For those reasons, I don't mess with him too much, and I don't think that I would take another plunge on one. Still, as a display piece, this would be really cool.

I had similar issues with the metal and plastic Valkyries made about 20 years ago by Bandai. Most Bandai transforming robot toys have always seemed more fiddly, with thinner plastic tabs, a smaller size and with a higher price.

This new figure is about Voyager size, according to others, so it's not really "MP" sized, right? Plus it's about 30ish dollars more than the regular versions of this mold, I think?

I hope there's a KO of this that comes out though.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They still own the (US Distribution) for Macross; nothing has ever stopped them from releasing another red Veritech (aside from being squatters that produce nothing of value besides lawsuits). They just can't sue Hasbro for making toys inspired by the design of a toy Hasbro originally made under license and owns the rights to. And iIrc, it wasn't even the jet itself, it was the stickers and fastpack-like addition made for the Skystriker.
Yeah, but I think the real question here is: Does Hasbro own that particular deco that was used on the Jetfire version of the mold?

Like, we've seen and heard how other TFs based on real-life vehicles have had to be tweaked so as not to infringe on the deco of the real life counterparts. Does that apply here?

Dake

Citizen
Wasn't the Jetfire deco just putting Autobot symbols on top of the other logos? It didn't really make other changes I didn't think.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Wasn't the Jetfire deco just putting Autobot symbols on top of the other logos? It didn't really make other changes I didn't think.
I believe so. I read that some of the original G1 Jetfire toys even shipped with Macross stickers...

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen

I believe so. I read that some of the original G1 Jetfire toys even shipped with Macross stickers...
That is not the case. Jetfire is the closest to the DYRL VF-1S Hikaru in color but features a different super parts than that as that was the strike version.

The main differences with the one closest in appearance are as follows.

Eyes - red vs green
Super parts / armor - red vs green / gray / blue
Chest stripes - black & red vs red & black
Cockpit - mostly red vs white
Other detailing (stickers) - mostly red vs not quite as much red

Harmony Gold incidentally does not have rights to the Valkyrie that resembles Jetfire the most since it comes from the film rather than the TV series.

I do hate Harmony Gold with every fiber of my being. But will buy this one thing.

320px-Jetfireg1toy.jpg
80s-bandai-japan-55-macross-dyrl-vf_1_742e7310b8e4160cb69d2b26ce61d411.jpg
190602bipfdd4lfyydf3vm-1024x856.jpg

Dake

Citizen
Ah nice thanks! I didn't realize there want a mostly red Veritech. That being said, some did ship with Macross stickers on the wing stripes right (at least according to the wiki)?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Actually, as stated before, some original G1 Jetfires DID ship with Macross Insignias.

View attachment 9152

Sources:

- http://www.tfu.info/1985/Autobot/Jetfire/jetfire.htm

- https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jetfire_(G1)/toys
Right, but that's not a result of releasing an existing Macross Valkyrie or there being one that looks identical to him.

The only Takatoku / Matsushiro / Valkyrie that has red wing stripes is the Hikaru VF-1J and that was light gray with a different head and a bunch of other differences. Why Jetfire has the Macross symbol is likely a carry over from the original VF-1S he is based on (whether that's Roy's TV or Hikaru's film version). Think about how the other figures Hasbro brought over into Transformers used other details (whether painted or stickers) based on the original figure's details.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
But the point does hold that they reused logos on Jetfire. With the wing stripes being a holdover and Autobot symbols replacing the ones on the super parts.

I think I misinterpreted what was originally said as Jetfire was just an existing Valkyrie color scheme or pre-existing toy with Autobot symbols slapped on rather than a new color scheme.

Dake

Citizen
No you interpreted me right anyway. I thought he was a direct carry over with Autobot logos.

So that does bring it back around then. Minus the logos, is this actually a Hasbro color scheme? Could Hasbro sue HG? 😂🤣

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Right, but that's not a result of releasing an existing Macross Valkyrie or there being one that looks identical to him.
I never stated that they did. I stated that some of the original G1 Jetfires came with Macross symbols

Anyway, looking at the comments above, it seems we're all on the same page and all wires are uncrossed.

It does indeed seem that they've claimed Jetfire's colours as a new Macross livery and increased the price over the existing versions? I would think that this would be to milk money from TF fans?

NovaSaber

Citizen
Ah nice thanks! I didn't realize there want a mostly red Veritech. That being said, some did ship with Macross stickers on the wing stripes right (at least according to the wiki)?
I'm pretty sure the only one with red super parts is Millia's VF-1J, which Jetfire's main body colors are almost an inversion of.
I don't think the toy that became Jetfire ever had a VF-1J retool or a release in these colors anyway.

vf-1j-super-fighter-milia.jpg

vf-1j-battroid-milia.jpg

MrBlud

Citizen
Hasbro isn’t going to take this to court solely because HG can (rightfully!) point at literally THOUSANDS of even closer 3rd Party rip-off’s that Hasbro hasn’t done a damn thing over.

A thousand unit run so isn’t worth opening them up to that legal liability. HG was *that* stupid with the Joe Skystriker and look how that ended up.

Dake

Citizen
Ultimately you're right, though the main difference is all those KOs are in China and not as easily pursued.

I just like the idea of HG getting hit with a near-frivolous lawsuit.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
It does indeed seem that they've claimed Jetfire's colours as a new Macross livery and increased the price over the existing versions? I would think that this would be to milk money from TF fans?

That's certainly the case. I imagine there is likely no grounds for them not to do whatever color scheme they want so long as they can license the Valkyrie itself. I believe they did some black color schemes that don't exist in previous Macross fiction.

I'm pretty sure the only one with red super parts is Millia's VF-1J, which Jetfire's main body colors are almost an inversion of.
I don't think the toy that became Jetfire ever had a VF-1J retool or a release in these colors anyway.

vf-1j-super-fighter-milia.jpg

vf-1j-battroid-milia.jpg

I know they only show up with super parts at least once and are colored like the above, but most merchandise changes the white parts to green like the other Valkyrie super parts. I wonder if it was a color mistake or a retro active change.
40575037303_4851f9634b_c.jpg

Top Bottom