Nobody has the intention to invade Ukraine

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Still wouldn't discount the possibility that Musk intends to throw the match. Or that he will once the oligarchs make a counter offer.
Musk would never skip the opportunity to become an untouchable legendary hero to the world. He would 100% try and find some sort way to cheat and kill Putin. He pulls that off and nobody could say shit about him again. The amount of money he could make off that dwarfs anything the russian oligarchs could offer.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Here's an idea - ignore Musk. The man's such a raging narcassist he's trying to stick his dick into an international conflict. I for one would just as soon take a guilliotine to his member and be done with it.

Kup

Citizen
The man's 70, and the media's still using propaganda pictures from the early aughts.

Of course he looks in poor health comparatively, because people still think 2009 was last year instead of 13 years ago.
To be fair, I keep thinking this is 2020, having forgotten we practically lost 2 years of our lives. “2012? Oh that was 8 years ago…no wait. It’s 2022???”

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

This feels very... hard to find the exact turn of phrase, but like something you'd see in a movie depiction of an oppressed land before the hero starts the revolution. Or maybe just popular depictions of North Korea. The Soviet Ballads part feels very on-brand anyways for the Onion timeline we live in now.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
The Soviet ballads part is rather telling of Putin's ultimate goals. He really wants to be the next Stalin, like REALLY WANTS to be the next Stalin. Hopefully he just ends up being a second-rate Mussolini and his own people take care of him.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And all he's really accomplished is expanding Crimea a little bit and the two breakaway wannabe Peoples Republics or whatever.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
gmfghtW.jpeg

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Doesn't Putin know the only Americans who want to go to Russia are Republican Senators, Congressman, and one former President. Hillary don't want to go.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Can we just make a trade? All the anti-Putin Russians currently in jail for all of our traitors. Let Trump build golf courses all over Russia.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nothing much, I just really want rid of a bunch of freaks. And I don't know what else to do with them. Can't trust those huggers with their own country, and where would you put it? Nah, sent to Russia sounds best.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I mean, we could always shove them down a superdeep borehole. Or ship them to Centralia. It's about the closest to Hell you can get on Earth, it'll be a nice preview for them.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Just heard that Germany is buying a bunch of fighter planes from the US. Our actual military might not be doing anything, but the military-industrial complex will be eating good tonight.

Comment on the r/news thread that I found amusing:
German aircraft are patrolling Polish airspace right now.

What Putin managed to achieve is nothing short of spectacular. He got the Swiss to pick a side, he got Turkey and Greece to work together and he got Poland to welcome the German Luftwaffe into its skies.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Just heard that Germany is buying a bunch of fighter planes from the US. Our actual military might not be doing anything, but the military-industrial complex will be eating good tonight.

Comment on the r/news thread that I found amusing:
Not really a funny take from r/news, given Germany and Poland have cooperated bilaterally since the end of the Cold War, have been partners in Nato since 1999 and the EU since 2004. (Luftwaffe literally means Air Force, incidentally; it’s not some special Nazi term.) Greece and Turkey have been partners in Nato and EU bilateral accords for decades as well…

Top Bottom