Nobody has the intention to invade Ukraine

Nevermore

Citizen
So there's currently a lot of Russians fleeing their country because they don't agree with the war and don't want to live within the agressor state any longer.

Sadly, I view this as an opportunity for Putin to further his agenda. "Russia is wherever Russians live." Citizens flee the country and find exile in other countries, he then uses their residence in those countries as evidence of those countries having a sizable portion of Russian inhabitants, making those places a target for "liberation". Because the natural state of any Russian-born person is to be ruled by Vladimir Putin.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The upshot is: the russian military is seemingly so incompetent that the only way they can invade ANOTHER nation would be to abandon their efforts in ukraine. Putin will be dead before they can actively threaten the sovreignty of any other nations, and I strongly suspect the oligarchs no longer have the stomach for conquest.

Nevermore

Citizen
The upshot is: the russian military is seemingly so incompetent that the only way they can invade ANOTHER nation would be to abandon their efforts in ukraine. Putin will be dead before they can actively threaten the sovreignty of any other nations, and I strongly suspect the oligarchs no longer have the stomach for conquest.
That's again assuming Russia's apparent "failure" in Ukraine isn't just a ruse in order to hold back the real strength of the Russian military for the real war that follows the training exercise in Ukraine.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I *think* the failure is truly just because Russia's military sucks. At least I hope so. Anyway I'm totally not convinced that Putin is actually hoping for war with NATO. Again, that's World War 3 and his nukes won't protect him.

Shattered Trousers

That thing Ratchet needed.
Citizen
I've seen you float this possibility before.

Do you really think it is more effective, strategically, to use your armies as cannon fodder and burn through limited resources to spin a narrative that your military are a bumbling "Keystone Cops"-type, rather than present your forces as efficient, tactical and capable to intimidate any and all opposing forces?

~L~

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
It's not. If they had the means to do the job RIGHT: they would have deployed that way, because part of all this was to show that russia is still a world power and not a near peer. They fucked the dog on this because they didn't have the manpower, materiel, coordination or training to put their ******* boots on right, never mind invade and keep an invaded nation.

First impressions matter, especially on the international stage: there's no benefit at all to opening as a laughing stock. The blitzkrieg method would have struck terror into the world at large, their botchkrieg has the world supporting the ukrainians and the russian military afraid of ******* tractors.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not even entertaining the possibility they both die in the ring/cage? smh

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Isn't this the same guy who also mocked people on Twitter for supporting Ukraine just today?

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Furthermore I'm afraid that Musk might get his ass kicked by Putin and lose Ukraine. If we're gonna do a fight let one of the Klitschko brothers knock his ass out.

Ironbite4

Citizen
That's if Musk even gets to the ring. Putin might just decide to throw him out a window instead.

Ironbite-also when did Musk buy Ukraine anyways?

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Furthermore I'm afraid that Musk might get his ass kicked by Putin and lose Ukraine. If we're gonna do a fight let one of the Klitschko brothers knock his ass out.
Only "might"? Have we forgotten the half-decade worth of memes about how swole Putin actually is under the suit?

At this point the only two possibilities are that Musk will get curb stomped... and that Putin will go easy on him but narrowly beat him anyway because they've secretly been planning this together.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Putin is also almost 70 and by the looks of it MIGHT be undergoing cancer treatments, though the Russian media will never admit that.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
The man's 70, and the media's still using propaganda pictures from the early aughts.

Of course he looks in poor health comparatively, because people still think 2009 was last year instead of 13 years ago.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Still wouldn't discount the possibility that Musk intends to throw the match. Or that he will once the oligarchs make a counter offer.

Top Bottom