New Swoop figure?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Just saw this on Target's ap.

Anyone recognize that Swoop? Is it a 3rd party figure I don't know? The details don't match up to any of the 3rd Party dinobots I could find pics of on a quick search, but there are a lot of them so I thought I'd ask.

Otherwise I guess it's possible this could be our first look at SS86 Swoop? Maybe? (Or am I getting my hopes up too much?)

A868DF3D-1EC7-48AD-BB24-0E96AFE841A2.jpeg

-ZacWilliam, whatever fig it is it's not on the site to order when you push the button, just on the button itself.

Last edited:

Kup

Citizen
Would be hilarious if Target revealed SS86 Swoop by mistake. Just dug through and found it too.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
It looks like it might be a 3rd party after all. I thought that was a possibility

-Zacwilliam, It's not like target hasn't done that before. Ah well.

Dake

Citizen
I don't know - you may be on to something there. He's far brickier than CW Swoop so it's not him. But I don't think he's 3P either because he's got hollow thighs.

Can you find the actual listing that pic's pulled from or just the thumbnail?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's pretty much what I would expect from SS '86 Swoop. Got the sword and the missile launchers to make up for the smaller size.

Nevermore

Citizen
The hollow thighs are unlike anything Turd Party companies would do.

Then again, none of the Studio Series Dinobots thus far have hollow thighs either, so...

Dake

Citizen
Yeah, but he's more likely to be large deluxe vs Voyager and some of the SS have begun to skimp a bit. Sludge's dino forelegs are hollow.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I am having the weirdest sense of deja vu here. I could swear I've seen this exact thread about this exact listing before.
Me too! Maybe because I was the one who made one….a LONG time ago…before the old board got nuked. :p

I want to say Target’s had this up for a couple of years at this point. I want to say I noticed this before I even got my SS86 Grimlock

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I feel like the proportionally huge ball joint elbows should have been a very clear indication that this was probably too small to be a SS86 Dinobot, but I guess that's a more obvious indicator to people like me who are into Legends/Cyberverse/Core stuff than to the "cartoon scale based around Autobot cars being Deluxes" crowd.

I warn you, this all ends with Fraiser crashing his starship into us. Mark my words.
I have noticed the number 3 coming up weirdly often in the last few days.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's like some old site data was floating around in a cache somewhere, on some computer that has 200 forgotten tabs open on a browser session that's been running for years, and it somehow found its way home.

Top Bottom