MYM - Chap6, Ep1: "The Isle of Scaly"...................(SPOILERS)

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen

MYM Chapter 6 is here!
And it's time for some new allies.
Who will the new mane-6 find?
And will they be enough to stop Opaline?

The episode is now available on Netflix
---------------------------

SYNOPSIS:

The Isle of Scaly

The ponies visit the Isle of Scaly
to ask the dragons to join their fight to stop Opaline...
but the dragons aren't sure they should trust them.

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen
A reminder that spoiler tags in posts are not needed for episode threads, as every thread title comes with a Spoiler Warning. :)

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Isle of Scaly

The Marestream returns.

Considering how they got to this island the first time, I feel like I missed something with them knowing exactly how to fly to it now (and in TYT).

"Hold on to your Cutie Marks" is a very polite way to say "Hold on to your butts."

And the Marestream is gonna crash. Installing landing gear on this thing was the biggest waste of time ever.

"Best landing yet." It kinda is. I wonder how Hasbro feels about their toy crashing all the time.

I'm pretty sure every adventurer guide ever written specifically advises "DO NOT wake up a dragon" but okay.

The dragons also appear to have a Mane 5.

The mammalian teeth are throwing me off a bit. The horselike gap behind the first row is an interesting choice though.

Oh no. This shot of Izzy. Is this chapter trying to kill me with cuteness like the last one?

Dragons are immediately won over by giving them some loot. This checks out.

Opaline is so much more impressive than she was when we first met her. Credit where it's due. This is the opposite of how it usually goes with villains.

Villain song. I still don't like G5 music.

Sunny needs you to know that not all alicorns are evil.

A volcano's age. That... does imply a very long period of time.

Everyone hates Hitch's puns.

Pipp's stuff isn't the problem?

Dragon Lord's colors are very familiar. Please no. Please no. Dang it.

Major lore dump episode.

If Spike is surprised that ponies lost magic, it seems like that wasn't part of Twilight's plan at all. Something else went wrong.

"At least we had fun while we didn't fix anything."

I still think Opaline is completely making up this plan as she goes.

I'm of two minds on yet another G4 reference. I do wish G5 were more independent. But... it's still pretty vague about things. I like how Beast Wars handled its references to a vaguely remembered G1, so I'd be a hypocrite if insisted that MLP should not do this.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Considering how they got to this island the first time, I feel like I missed something with them knowing exactly how to fly to it now (and in TYT).

That map Sparky had to breath fire on to renew it's image? Yeah that's something that happened right at the end of last chapter. After the magic portal to the isle the first time.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Next time I have a vacation I am going to binge rewatch this entire show and make sure I catch everything that turned out to be important.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
It sure was a CHOICE to release the ending on Thanksgiving. Holiday plans delayed me, but I finally marathoned the last chunk of this show!

Episode 1 The Isle of Scaly

You know it’s weird that the Marestream doesn’t have anything in the way of seats. Just…outlines where seats COULD be.

Pipp just jamming out is such a mood.

At least they can get to Scaly via flying bus. It’d probably take them days to get there by just flying or hoofing it. That magic map of Sparky’s worked out.

Zipp just wants to show off her piloting skills.

Suddenly, they’re in hyperspace? What is this, a John Carter of Mars cave? I guess they’re just crystals, but the animators wanted to homage Star Wars, I think.

So…they have to keep having Sparky sneeze or burp on the map to keep it “on”…SIGH…Sparky is gross but oddly useful count…1.

You know, with Opaline probably exiting the show with this part, they’d have to change the intro…if Make Your Mark continues.

Stupid magic doors never being around when you need them. Only when it’s convenient for THEM.

So THAT’S why they tell you to turn your phone off when you’re on a airplane. Noted.

To be fair, the floating looks like fun…until it stops.

PIpp’s phone obsession will finally kill them all.

*Giant balloons* Geez…Izzy’s got lungs.

Well, if Pipp’s singing can’t wake them up, I don’t think anything else can.

Oh, hey, the dragons are just…here. Without warning. Why weren’t they around last time? It feels like we skipped something.

Dragons continue to be kind of bristly and rough around the edges no matter the generation, it seems. Must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed.

Oh, goodness, Izzy just bouncing up to everyone with friendship bracelets is adorable!

Okay, so we have Blaize (purple ), Lux (yellow), Leaf (green), Tumble (pink), and Fountain (blue). They look a LITTLE different than the ones we saw during Tell Your Tale.

Pipp…why would there be a signal tower in the underground dragon island?

Well, they done broke Pipp. In the most adorable way possible.

Okay, so Opaline woke them all up, at least they explain it. It’s still jarring, but they at least they tried.

Okay, so Lava (red) and Jade (lighter pink) are the two Opaline brainwashed. I need to try to keep track of all these new names.

Okay…these Dragon-shimmers are new. And they all have cutie marks now, too. Explain?

Meanwhile, in the Fortress of Doom…

Oh no, Opaline’s gonna sing. She’s been practicing this for weeks!

So…Opaline made life-sized voodoo dolls of all the Mane 5. I could see that.

“But not all alicorns are evil!” Okay, fair. Probably good to get that out there for when she eventually powers up.

So even the dragons think the way they found Sparky’s egg was weird. Yeah…I wonder if they’re actually going to explain that.

Oh…the Dragon Lord…I think this is where that surprise I was spoiled about comes in.

“It would…BEHOOVE us” “Clever” “Thank you” I just liked this little exchange.

I…don’t think that’s how wi-fi works, Pipp.

“We love making jokes as others do work” Oh, so it’s a genetic thing.

“No reason for this to…drag-on?” Hitch is going full on dad, here.

Okay, Sunny’s kind of in denial about being the pony leader. She kind of is, at this point.

Pipp…stop making things worse. You’re better than this. I don’t even know if running your electronics on friendship magic is good for them or not.

Oh, Pipp wasn’t in the wrong. Okay, I take back my criticism. I underestimated the writers, again.

Okay, the different dragon-magics are ALSO new. Tumble creating tumbleweed storm things is…different.

Hey, Spike! Yeah, hopefully people were able to avoid the spoilers. His new voice is weird. But, I’ll get used to it…probably.

I do wonder what ended up happening to Dragon Lord Ember, though.

Hey…Sparky’s being a little klepto again. At least it’s a bit of characterization. Which might be foreshadowing something.

…Is Blaize actually Spike’s daughter? I’m just getting a…vibe, here.

Even Spike can’t tell us how long it’s actually been between G4 and G5. *SIGH* And they’re really hammering home that Spike’s memories are swiss cheese. So, we’re not getting any detailed lore out of him.

Well, at least Spike still remembers Twilight.

Huh, so Opaline wasn’t always a fire alicorn. She stole power from the dragons. Okay.

So…Spike’s not going to comment on how Sunny’s hologram-alicorn mode is weird?

*SIGH*…of course Sparky is super duper special.

So, Opaline’s plan is to put cutie mark magic into the tree so that it will…die? Okay, that’s going to backfire. Why would she think that WOULDN’T make the TREE super-powerful and possibly sentient?

The Dragonriders of Equestia!

Even BLAIZE accepted a friendship bracelet!

The dragons also appear to have a Mane 5.
You know, I'll admit, I didn't notice that. Nice attention to detail!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
large.gif

Shadewing

Citizen
Finally getting around to these. I kinda liked Opaline's song, until it;s chorus was basically literally "villian song"

I'm fine with Spike's new voice, my issue is all the dragons looking alike when it wasnt like that in G4; but then its easier this way for CGI purposes.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It would be nice if the dragons had different builds, as G5 has been able to do that with ponies. But I'll give them something. I managed to learn their names already while the not-CMC are still just a blurr to me.

Top Bottom