MYM - Chap5, Ep4: "Father of the Bridlewood".......................(SPOILERS)

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen

The next episode has arrived!
And Misty's journey of discovery continues.
Has she uncovered all her past?
Or will mysteries remain?

The episode is now available on Netflix
---------------------------

SYNOPSIS:

Father of the Bridlewood

Misty is over the lunar moon to be reunited with her father.
But as they reconnect, she realizes there's a lot
she doesn't remember about her past.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Her name was always Misty.

Queen Haven hoping Alphabittle will want another daughter.

That guard looks familiar.

Sunny and Zipp have some friction this chapter. Good.

I expected Misty's room to be a lot more dusty.

G5 unicorns are all traumatized.

Atari!

Misty is getting tortured. The G5 gods detected too much happiness coming from her direction and are responding accordingly.

Unicorns are experts on the language of sad horse noises.

T for short.

Misty is restarting her life. Sunny and Zipp have been getting Edna'd all day. I wonder what Pipp and Hitch are doing.

Misty's finally going to live in the lighthouse. She really should have been living there anyway.

This chapter is dull.

Shadewing

Citizen
I rather liked this episode for how akward it was toward Misty, and I like the old unicorn. I can tell from the story that she's telling them what they want to hear... just not how they want to hear it.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
I think this is my favorite of the batch. It's great seeing Alphabittle trying to re-connect with his daughter. It makes perfect sense he's going a bit too hard after so many years. I really like how it also connects some of what he does to her. Like his love of games. It's just neat little things. I always love it when writers will take something that might not have been planned that far back, and then weave it into the story in an organic manner like this. I totally believe Alphabittle is her father. (No that's not sarcasm)

Watching Misty go from being a practical slave to Opaline, to having friends and now a father that actually gives a crap about her is very nice as well.

Does leave me with two questions though. So what was Opaline doing that she found Misty? Or did Misty wander into the castle? I'd like a bit more information on that part of her story.

Did she tell her dad what she's currently doing? She has a spot at the Lighthouse now sure, but is she really using it? Does she still spend most of her time at Opaline's?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
For a twist I didn't like, I can't complain about the effort they put into trying to make it work. I feel like it shrinks the world, and that's what I don't like. If I could ignore that and just focus on the characters, scene by scene, I think I would have a hard time putting together any specific complaints.

One thing that intrigues me is that this doesn't follow the standard trope of Misty just outgrowing this stuff and not being able to reconnect. She doesn't remember being the person Alphabittle remembers. This has potential.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Episode 4 Father of the Bridlewood:

Misty’s true name is Misty Wisty. This is canon. It will never be not-canon. I don’t care if it’s a nickname, it’s sticking.

Shining Armor gets to make a cameo! Before most of the G4 cast.

Oh, Misty’s the reason Alphabittle has games in his tea shop. That’s a really cute touch.

Dad-abittle and Alpha-dad are actually pretty fun nicknames.

ZIpp has a one track mind. Of course, that’s understandable when you’re trying to stop a supervillain from taking over the world. The others probably should be a LITTLE more worried.

Okay, hiding one of her drones in Misty’s smoothie might be going a little far.

“The past is the key to the present” You know, for a show that wants to make this a thing, it’s REALLY bad about making itself consistent with G4.

Would you follow Izzy into the woods without a map?

The tree’s…permission? It’s magic, I shouldn’t think about it. Wait…magic didn’t exist back then. This doesn’t make sense. The writers SHOULD have thought about this.

“What? She’ll want this later. It’s adorable! …And I guess a little invasive. Fine” Heh.

I guess Hitch and Pipp are getting shipped…I mean hanging out together today.

“And PRIVACY! But, don’t ask why I brought that up” So many good Pipp lines.

Hmm…should Alphabittle’s house look familiar?

A maid pony named Dusty…of course.

“Okay, Misty, you’ve mastered the fake smile, so use it!” That is so unbelievably sad.

“Hey! This is my long lost child! Give her a hoof!” I guess Alphabittle isn’t all that ashamed of losing his only child. If this IS the only child he’s ever lost. Maybe he’s just really bad at keeping track of them.

These are the most emo children I’ve ever seen.

“Aren’t we the same age?” What is happening here?

“Feelings….*snff*…I understand those well” …Okay. *Heh* Misty had the same reaction.

Fire swallowing? What kind of childhood did Misty HAVE? An AWESOME one, that’s what kind!

Elder Flower…It’s been a while.

*snerk* I love the detail of all the empty “respect” baskets piled up in a corner of Elder Flower’s house.

Poodle skirts were a thing in Equestria in the past…somehow. Wait…was this a Tales reference?

“The injured cat says Meow…ow” Deep.

Those tea leaves have got to be about 10 years old. I don’t think they’re good anymore.

“Ow…Ow..Says the injured Owl” I sense a theme.

*Misty.exe has stopped working*

Wait, how does Elder Flower know about Zephyr Heights, anyway? All communication was cut off between the tribes probably before she was ever born? Maybe? We still don’t really have a solid timeline, here.

Wow, Rarity’s Carousel Boutique stuff was made to last, if someone’s still wearing it today.

Flying green pig. Sure, why not?

Maybe try turning Misty off and then back on again?

Oh…Misty saying she doesn’t want to be alone is actually a pretty big character moment for her. Good for her.

“I’m Misty…Tee for short” That’s new. And yeah, she just made that up on the spot right now.

Are those DJ Pon3’s glasses?

Wait…is she saying she was at Cadence and Shining Armor’s royal wedding when the changelings attacked? How old IS SHE?

Okay, so Dawn the Bat is Twilight, the Greedy Bat is Opaline…but who’s the “Spider” that helped Twilight create the magic bubble? Discord?

So these Magic Trees are called Together Trees.

Nice animation sequence right there about the Trees.

Elder Flower is related to Moondancer. I assume G1 Moondancer instead of G4 Moondancer if she was old enough to throw out a hip at Cadence’s wedding. ….and she can hear ghosts. Okay.

Oh, Misty’s getting her own room in the Brighthouse. This season’s been good for Misty.

Misty LIFTS.

And Sparky’s sneezes are strong enough to move dumb bells around.

“North Wind how I’ve missed you” Is North Wind the name of a old G1 pony?*Looks it up* Nope, no pony has been named North Wind before…which is actually kind of odd.

Are the North Wind and South Wind supposed to be metaphors for Celestia and Luna or something else? The detail about “Thursday” makes me think it MIGHT be the “rivalry” between Make Your Mark and Tell Your Tale, since TYT releases on Thursdays. Or…maybe I’m overthinking it? *shrugs*

Last edited:

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
The tree’s…permission? It’s magic, I shouldn’t think about it. Wait…magic didn’t exist back then. This doesn’t make sense. The writers SHOULD have thought about this.
*Puts hand on your shoulder*
I want to remind you that you are asking why UNICORNS did something or said they did something. Unicorns who will do a freak out 'Jinx' dance if you say the word Mayonnaise...

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I want to know who's the hero who decided to make G5 unicorn society incomprehensible, because I love it. In G1 they were the muscle. In G4 they were nerds. In G5 they're doing their best.

Top Bottom