MYM - Chap5, Ep3: "Family Trees Pt. 2"............................(SPOILERS)

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen

The 2nd part of the 2-parter is here!
And Misty continues her journey.
Will she finally uncover her past?

The episode is now available on Netflix
---------------------------

SYNOPSIS:

Family Trees Pt. 2

According to the Breezies, Misty's key has the power
to take her to the place she most wants to go.
Could it help her find answers about her family?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've got Max Revives. I'm doing this!

Sparky has a plot thread.

Misty's back. That was easy.

G5 music. Skip.

Following Sparky's plot thread instead of Misty's is actually unexpected.

Our brave heroes don't want to see the Dragonlands. If G5 dragons are anything like G4 dragons, this is wise.

I kinda expected lava.

Oh no. They woke up the Zubats.

Pipp is the competent survivalist. Considering her love of danger, all of this just works.

And we're finally heading towards the incredibly obvious conclusion.

Pipp's expression just made my day.

This chapter has been surprisingly dull when I'm not dying of cuteness. Connecting Alphabittle and Misty makes the world feel smaller. Not the direction I would have gone.

But the hammerspace Breezie market and this mysterious door and key are interesting. We got our first look at the Dragonlands... and got zero answers. And our heroes apparently cannot just return to the Breezie market whenever they want.

Everything that isn't dull is super interesting.

Shadewing

Citizen
This is CGI, there's only so many models they can use. Do you really expect them to create a whole new group of ponies to be Misty's family? Personally I think this adds to AlphaBittle's character who's been kinda... flatlined since the movie, affair with the queen aside its always been her persuing it more then him it feels like.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Really wondering about that door. To all of these trees (which we learn about next episode I believe) have them? Or CAN have them?

I honestly really like the choice of making Alphabittle Misty's dad. It adds an extra layer to his character and just gives something nice to Misty.

I see CoffeeHorse's point about it making the world feel smaller, but the world IS small. This is where unicorns are, it makes sense she'd have been there at one point.

Sure we could have had her from some far off place, but I don't really see the point.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I would have just left it a mystery for now. It could have been a subject of conversation between Misty and Opaline, who otherwise don't interact much anymore. There were two halves to the mystery here: Misty somehow getting separated from whoever, and Opaline adopting her in whatever circumstances. Opaline only knows about her half of the mystery, although we didn't know that before. It could have been that Opaline knew more of the story than she's been saying, giving Misty more of a reason to keep up this double agent thing instead of getting the heck out of there. They could have played with the twist of not having a twist. She could find out Opaline doesn't know anything more and honestly did just find her lost somewhere. That could mess with Misty's emotions a bit.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Episode 3 Family Trees Part 2:

These unicorns are surprisingly okay with stepping through a mysterious magic portal if it means they can SHOP. That’s what Bridlewood was missing this whole time…a mall.

Wait, so where IS Misty? Some sort of parallel world or…? I guess this is the pony equivalent of Fairyland. So…Breezieland?

I guess Pipp gave up on her “mindfulness” thing. Then again, if it’s around midnight, then she technically DID make it all day.

Okay, I’m not sure if that’s supposed to be a bat fossil or a proto-pegasus fossil. That staff looks like it should be a reference too…is it supposed to be The Storm King’s from the G4 Movie? And that telescope…is that Twilight’s telescope? Also, Dragon footprint fossil. In Breezieland…strange.

Okay…I’m getting “Jurassic Park” vibes from Dragonland. Is Sparky actually…a dinosaur?

Sparky will only get better by being around other dragons…okay. Whatever gets dragons into the story sooner, I guess.

Sounds like Sparky will likely be gone by the end of the season…REJOICE!

The Breezie’s sparkle-breath is new.

Zipp remembered to bring her special goggles. Where did she keep them?

Is that a unicorn-dog plushie on the table next to the dragon plushie? Is that a thing, too?

Sparky's all like: Wake me when the dragons show up. I'm with you there, brother.

Aww…Misty’s using her magic key to help Sparky. That’s so sweet. Misty’s the best pony.

Plus..couldn’t the Breezies just MAKE another magic key?

Oh, we’re going to the dragonlands!

Well, the portal’s open. Just fling Sparky in there and job’s done.

Bye, Sparky! Okay, close the door QUICK! *SIGH* Of course, they follow him. We better get some really cool dragons out of this.

Not sure if that’s a “Da Wae” reference or not.

“I can’t believe I’m about to see a dragon, any second now…ANY SECOND NOW” The entire MLP fanbase at this moment.

Those aren’t statues…those are horns.

Pretty sure Opaline’s still in her castle looking for Gertrude.

Oh, you’ll go through a fancy glowing portal without a second thought but a CAVE isn’t good enough for you. I see how it is.

Hmm..bats…not fruit-bats or unicorn bats. Just normal bats. Weird.

Pipp saves the day by leaving a trail back to the door. Pipp’s the MVP again.

Did we really just go to the Dragonlands and not get to see a SINGLE dragon? Other than the ones who are probably buried underground?

So is that magic door just for using with the magic keys?

Well…it’s the Night Market. I assume it’s only open at night. Why are they being mysterious about this?

Zipp cannot take a good picture to save her life.

And Misty sees Alphabittle’s picture…oh…

Alphabittle is Misty’s dad. Saw it coming, but it was seeded…one episode ago. Now I have to wonder who the mom was? What is WITH this generation and only having a single parent, anyway?

Alphabittle and Haven are a pretty cute couple.

Stupid annoying glowing rump! Stop glowing while I'm hitting on my girlfriend! You're giving my game away!

Awww…this is sweet.

Sparky’s his old self again…*SIGH*…yay.

Hm…Rainbow Blazer. Doesn’t look bad, really. Now, there’s a chase figure. Do it Hasbro!

Last edited:

Top Bottom