MYM - Chap5, Ep2: "Family Trees Pt. 1"............................(SPOILERS)

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen

We have our first G5 2-parter!
And it's Misty focused.
What journey will she go on?
And what discoveries await her?

The episode is now available on Netflix
---------------------------

SYNOPSIS:

Family Trees Pt. 1

Is Misty having bad dreams... or visions of the future?
The group heads to Bridlewood to see
if the Wishing Tree can offer any clues.

Shadewing

Citizen
Alpha Bittle is Misty's dad isn't he? That's what all this is leading to, isn't it?

Huston, we have Breezies, reapeat: We have Breezies.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Okay I'm back.

Misty's mane is back to normal. Oh wait that's filly Misy. No wait I just came back to-

[Coffeehorse needs to load up on some Max Revives before continuing this quest.]

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Alpha Bittle is Misty's dad isn't he? That's what all this is leading to, isn't it?

Huston, we have Breezies, reapeat: We have Breezies.
Soooooo remember when I linked to this video?

Not only does it spoil that Breezies were introduced, but yeah at the very end it shows Misty hugging her Dad. (Not saying who since that happens next episode just in case someone had to stop on this one, but wanted to read comments here) That's why I warned not to watch the video as it spoiled something BIG. Like this music video came out weeks before the actual episode. Why do that?

Anyway on to the episode.

Knowing who was the shadow from the get go does kinda take a little bit away. Still really wish they hadn't spoiled it like that.

They DID change the intro! When they show Misty and Opaline now, Misty has her new hair and does a different reaction! Also she shows up at the end now with everypony else! EEEEEEEEE!

I like the Breezies.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I didn't watch that video because I was warned about a significant spoiler, so I got to watch the episode blind. I still saw it coming. For someone who didn't know, the episode still made it very obvious. And I'm not a huge fan of this "surprise", so it took me out of the episode a bit. And unfortunately it was a two-parter, with another whole episode taking the story from there. So that was half the chapter on a "surprise" I didn't love...

On the bright side, absolutely everything else about this episode (and part 2) kept hooking me back in. I already liked Bridlewood anyway, and this gave me a new setting and new plot devices that I really like.

I like the Breezies. This is their cutest incarnation yet. The way they talk is strangely soothing.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Episode 2 Family Trees Part 1:

Awww, Lil Misty (for real this time). The animators made these filly models and they’re going to get the most out of them this batch.

Oh no…EVIL Magic Tree! It’s Fern Gully all over again!

So, I guess lil Misty is the one who unlocked Opaline’s magic prison?

Madame Taffytail!

Oh, hey, they changed the intro just a bit. Misty has her new hair color with a more upbeat attitude and she slides in to join the others on the title. Nice.

Is Pipp really jamming out to her own music video?

“Singing keeps me calm, OKAY!?” Heh.

The Bridlewood Moonbows, not to be confused with the Sanflankcisco Moonbows. We don’t talk about THEM!

“Did you know that everyone in your dreams are actually YOU?” That’s…technically true, since it’s all happening in your mind, but I don’t think really, since it’s your thoughts about those people? I don’t know enough about dream analysis, I guess.

Yeah, okay, they’re finally putting together than a Unicorn who wasn’t living in Bridlewood is a little unusual. We’re finally getting more backstory about Misty and I’m here for it!

I’m not sure if bringing Sparky on a long trip would really be the best idea. For us or for him.

Zipp’s getting REALLY into this pilot thing.

Oh…Pipp’s going to try to go a day without her phone…she’s gonna die.

Did…did Izzy just admit to stealing her house? I guess this is supposed to be more of a “community-shared” thing. But…Alphabittle almost certainly “owns” his tea shop. So, not EVERYTHING in Bridlewood is owned by everyone else.

Heh..PIpp meditating in mid-air is something to see.

Macrons? I only know them from Pokemon.

“Neigh way, when I don’t record it, I CAN REALLY TASTE IT!” Pipp gets all the best lines.

Sparky’s refusing to eat…yeah, just put him down now. He’s done.

I feel like this is the writers trying to guilt the audience into liking Sparky. “Is this what you wanted? Sparky to not be as energetic and loud as before? Are you happy NOW?”

*Lil Misty swinging* Okay…that just looks wrong. That’s just WAY too human-like. Is Misty actually a human in a pony costume?

Alphabittle has a pet armadillo? It’s kind of cute how he’s playing with Queen Haven’s Cloudpuff.

Alphabittle has a mysterious past? Wait…*looks over at Misty*…*Looks at the titles of these episodes this season like “Father of the Bridlewood”* *looks at how the Mane 5 “conveniently” skipped over going to Alphabittle’s shop while giving Misty a tour*…oh…

“This is werid…I like it!” Izzy has some good lines, too.

Yep, not filming this amazing Tree-Cutie Mark Magic moment is killing Pipp. She’s been doing better than I thought, so far, though.

Oh, hey, the Breezies…wait whut? When did they start hibernating inside of other trees?

“And you are…tiny pixie pony of tree?” Pipp’s trying her best. Can Hitch translate this?

“And most importantly…are they dangerous?” Well, they can be little parasites if you’re too nice to them.

Yes, Hitch CAN translate this.

*Using their phones to translate the Breezies* Technology puts another industry out of work. Thanks a lot PHONES!

The Night Market? That’s kind of a interesting reference.

So…a bunch of random unicorns are just going to follow the Mane 5 into the mysterious glowing portal that just randomly appears? These unicorns have no sense of self-preservation.

*Breezie using a teacup as a Jacuzzi* I wonder if a tea bath is good for the skin? Or..fur? …Someone’s going to drink that, aren’t they?

So, the Breezies just want ponies to buy their stuff? I guess even tiny ponies need to make a living.

“I can’t trade my PHONE!” Well, Pipp isn’t too far gone, at least.

Is that fabric glowing? I don’t think that fabric is what Izzy thinks it is.

*Alphabittle just barely misses seeing Misty as he tries some tea* Oh…

Pipp has destroyed the Breezie culture in less than 5 minutes.

Misty got a magic key! Now she can unlock the boss’s door in the dungeon!

Are those fossils in the background?

Alphabittle’s cutie mark is glowing too. So does he have a part to play in Misty’s destiny? Other than being her…you know…

Last edited:

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Alphabittle has a pet armadillo? It’s kind of cute how he’s playing with Queen Haven’s Cloudpuff.
I admit this is probably only because I watched the movie like four or five times, but he has a ton of them helping in this shop. Remember how they even ran in that little wheel to power up the dance game?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have watched the movie more times than I can count, so I remember. One thing you have to love about MLP is it is really not picky about what animals are allowed to be cute. Armadillos aren't a conventional choice, but here they're given the same chance as everything else.

What a good movie. I'm gonna watch it again.

Top Bottom