MYM - Chap4, Ep5: "A Little Horse"............................(SPOILERS)

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen

Another episode in the Chap-4 lineup!
And, uh oh, somepony's sick.

Who's under the wheather?
Here's a hint... she's smol.

The episode is now available on Netflix
---------------------------

SYNOPSIS:

A Little Horse

On the morning of her big announcement, Pipp gets sick.
Can her four best friends nurse her back to health in time
for her highly anticipated livestream?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A Little Horse

A Little Horse. If this episode is about Pipp it is automatically a 10/10 no matter what happens.

Someday I will learn the names of the not-CMC but they are just not distinct characters yet.

It's a Pipp episode. 10/10.

The pegasus band from the Bridlewoodstock special is back.

A little horse is a little hoarse. I could just stop taking notes right now. This episode has already won.

Zipp is such a nerd.

HOW LONG IS A MOON?

They will try anything but keeping their distance and leaving her alone for a while.

Flashback to even smaller Pipp.

I know a witch who makes a really good soup. I don't know what's in it and maybe I don't want to know, but it's good.

"I actually haven't been by myself yet. Pipp would be great at writing these commentaries.

Maybe Hitch is trying to help lull her to sleep. It's a little disappointing. He did a really good job in the TYT version of this episode.

Oh Sunny. We all know the pain of having to get really specific with our searches because Google is refusing to find anything.

Sunny managed to turn soup into ash. This is why she got into the smoothie business. Because smoothies aren't cooked.

I cannot wait for the inevitable gif of this. I don't need to say which moment. You'll know.

Sunny is the worst liar of all time. I think even Misty could have handled this better.

To be fair, Pipp doesn't have her phone right now. She may be desperate enough to enjoy this.

O_O Izzy grows more mysterious by the day. I'm not even going to question her willingness to drink out of the same cup right now. She lived in bridlewood. Their immune systems must be second to none.

I don't know why Zipp is discussing this right now but I guess there are too few episodes in a chapter for this episode to not do something with the ongoing plot. It's a conundrum. MYM wants to have slice of life episodes but having only 6 episodes in a chapter really doesn't allow it.

Queen Haven is the only one in this whole episode with a sense of self preservation.

Wow Queenie. WOW. She didn't even have the castle kitchen staff make the soup.

I may have to rewatch this episode to catch everything. Izzy has had a new nickname for Pipp every time she enters the room and I'm going to need the whole list.

Okay I'm disappointed. It would have been an excellent stinger to have the episode end with Sunny still wandering around looking for one specific food cart in this whole city. This is why they don't let me write cartoons.

Smooth, writers. No need to write Zipp's theory when you can just press the montage button.

Opaline really needs to get out more if she hasn't heard about how awry the history books have gone.

Hnnng.

Pipp knew her mother was lying the whole time. I take back what I said about how I would have written the ending. The writers had good ideas.

10/10

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Before we start, Imma just leave this here, no real reason:
3138531__safe_screencap_pipp+petals_pegasus_pony_g5_my+little+pony-colon-+make+your+mark_my+little+pony-colon-+make+your+mark+chapter+4_spoiler-colon-g5_spoiler.jpg

A Little Horse:

*Looks at the title* They know.

Oh…are they redoing the sick episode from Tell Your Tale, too. They sure are covering a lot of the same ground with a lot of these episodes…

Maybe she can mime her next stream.

Aw, poor girls got the sneezes…they better stay a little farther back.

“Yeah, did you just come here to be mean to me until I feel better?” Only if you’re into it?

The Chronicles of Chevalia! I remember them mentioning that in that guidebook. Zipp is REALLY into it. And she can move an entire bookcase without a sweat!

Izzy will cure the common cold! Funny no one’s gotten around to that since magic is back and all.

She forgot to add the magic to the tea. Sometimes it’s the most obvious things, I guess.

They put a lot of effort into Pipp’s coughing animations. And Zipp holding her back and Pipp flailing with her tiny little hooves.

Sunny continues to be bad at lying.

This is a very elaborate critter-play Hitch has written.

Tea that can change your voice…that’d make for a interesting party drink.

Hmm..drinking from the same cup that Pipp just did…rookie mistake Izzy.

Why is adding magic to tea so hard?

Sunny faking sick…this should be something.

And Misty’s faking too. Hmm. The two worst actors trying to fake sick has potential.

Aw, Misty got Pipp a little gift. I don’t know where she keeps getting the money for this stuff. It being cheaply wrapped in newspaper is a nice touch.

Really, faking making soup for your daughter…for SHAME, Queen Haven!

Okay, well, the soup cart guy is…potentially dangerous.

Wait, WE’RE not going to get to hear about any of Zipp’s theories? WHY?! I guess it must be all stuff we already know?

“I hope she’s not getting sick too” …Misty already said she was, though? It was a lie (for now), but Zipp didn’t know that.

Oh, now Opaline knows that they know. That’s a no-no. (Or a know-know?)

Hitch has a real future as a travelling animal act manager.

Oh, Pipp always knew the soup wasn’t home made! That…makes her not telling Sunny about it kind of mean, really. She just wanted to get her out of her hair, I guess.

“You mean ME right? *I* must act?” Oooh, Misty’s getting a bit of an attitude.

“If I knew THAT was what you needed I wouldn’t have tried so hard” Harsh but fair, Izzy.

Hmm…and again no one catches her cold. Pipp’s just got the worst immune system of the Mane 5.

This really was just a expanded version of that Tell Your Tale episode. They’re literally using the same list of ideas, aren’t they? I mean, I'm guessing MYM STARTED working on it first, since it probably takes longer to make a CGI show, but...eh.

Top Bottom