MYM - Chap4, Ep3: "Sunny Side Up"............................(SPOILERS)

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen

Chapter 4 continues rolling!
Opaline's extremely unhappy with Misty.
And Sunny/Hitch get a big project going.

The episode is now available on Netflix
---------------------------

SYNOPSIS:

Sunny Side Up

Opaline grounds Misty for failing to steal Dragonfire.
Then, Hitch and Sunny kick off the grand opening of Canterlove Studios
by hosting a cooking show.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sunny Side Up

*cough*

Opaline's plan gains yet another step while she still hasn't gotten past the first one.

I think they realize how overdone and annoying Opaline was in the first batch of episodes and they've been leaning into pure silliness ever since.

Harshest punishment yet coming up.

Well. Alicorn lore is growing.

The Canterlogic reno is done.

I was going to make another comment about the crowd budget, but they have so many events like this that it is perfectly believable that most ponies just ignore things at this point.

A smoothie cooking show? Does this really need video instructions? You put a thing in a blender and then turn on the blender and wa la.

Smies? Smeyes?

Misty has magic.

Opaline is in the forest. The scenery again reminds me of that game I need to look up the name of.

Misty tapping the screen with her horn is one of those moments I'm going to treasure no matter how the rest of this chapter turns out.

Is this really necessary to demonstrate the concept of the studio? Ponies have seen TV. They get it.

Talking to a camera really does feel that awkward. It is something you have to train your brain into not finding weird.

This cooking show is going to go viral. ... I knew it. Unintentional cooking comedy is a huge genre on YouTube.

New setting. New macguffin. New step in Opaline's plan. Maybe there is no plan and she has been bluffing the whole time.

Izzy is such a puppy.

There are indeed many YouTube cooks making food that no one else would eat but makes them happy.

You've been failing your missions for Opaline lately?

Occasionally they have to remind us that Opaline is potentially dangerous.

"Why does every magical thing have to be precariously perched on a hill with stuff in the way?"

Misty's choice grows closer. ... or not. Opaline is still trying to keep her confused.

Opaline has become a much more enjoyable character.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Sunny Side Up:

Opaline really needs to work on that evil laugh. Or have someone look at that cough. One of the two.

So…now Opaline wants to steal everyone’s cutie marks. Well, I have to give her this, she’s willing to try new schemes. She doesn’t care, as long as she gets SOME kind of magic.

I guess being a Fire Alicorn also means being the Smokers Cough Alicorn.

“So not only do I not have the dragon fire, but I wasted all my magic showing off my COOL PLAN?!” Magic well spent!

LOREDUMP! Skyros? Lil’ Celestia and Luna are pretty cute. I guess this is Opaline’s origin story. She’s just…always been around, now. Okay. I guess this…MIGHT make sense, if we consider the old “Journal of the Two Sisters” Guidebook to be canon? In that, Celestia and Luna were mentioned to come from a land of Alicorns and were asked by Starswirl to become the princesses of the newly-formed Equestria.

Grounded…with her hooves magically glued to the floor. That’s actually a pretty effective punishment.

*Everybody runs in the opposite direction* Everyone’s running back home to watch how this all blows up in the Mane 5’s faces. Instant couch potatoes!

You know, it seems like Pipp really enjoys the PLANNING part of performing almost more than the performance itself. She’s willing to take a back seat for other people, as long as she gets to be in charge behind the scenes.

“Eezy Peezy Lemon Squeezy” Literally!

*A lemon lands on Pipp’s tiara* Oh no, Izzy’s falling item magnetism is contagious!

Well, at least Misty can get creative to maybe get out of this. The straw MIGHT have worked.

Wait, shouldn’t she be able to use magic without a cutie mark? Sweetie Belle could, anyway. Oh, she can, nevermind.

I really do wonder how Misty’s been walking all the way to and from the castle all this time. I suppose Opaline having those heavy-looking horseshoes on probably isn’t helping, either.

“Opaline thinks she’s SO powerful and magical, but she’s no match for MY HOOVES” Nice animation in this little scene.

Pear-nana’s. Oh no, more of the freak fruit.

*Everyone GASPS* …What? Hitch just fell and splattered Sunny a little. Why are they treating this like he did something unforgiveable? She’s not even wearing any clothes she could have messed up.

Yeah, a food fight probably WOULD get ponies tuning in.

Wait, Opaline was talking about taking this Dragon Stone? I thought she was talking about how taking the Unity Crystal could potentially destroy all magic. So there’s TWO magic rocks that control all magic in Equestria? Oh, is this what Twilight’s message was hinting at? The other thing Twilight sealed the magic into? Are there other magic rocks for the other G4 races?

“Oh, found some floor food? YUM!” Izzy is gross count: 1.

Pipp’s gone crazy for the views. Anything for that sweet, sweet VIEWER ENGAGEMENT!

…Sunny, you’ve been doing this cooking show for about 10 minutes. You really don’t need a heartfelt speech about having lost your way.

“Why does every magical thing have to be precariously perched with…STUFF in the way? Here’s a idea…BURY YOUR MAGICAL THINGS WITHIN HOOVES REACH!” Opaline makes a fair point. Ancient defenders of magical secrets have WAY too much free time. I’m sure Link, Lara Croft, and Indiana Jones would all agree with her.

“I knew something was off when I discovered Earth Ponies don’t have laser eyes” That would have been a good first clue, yes.

It’s happening! Misty’s finding her way!

“And that’s a cut to commercial” Wow, way meta, show.

“All I wanted was to be a great chef and an inspiration” Yeah…uh…real humble goals, there Sunny.

I mean, I don’t know why you WOULDN’T take it. It’s just floating there…OMINOUSLY! Seriously, it’s weird a bird or something hasn’t taken it, after all this time.

What? Magnetic hooves failed to hold the crystal? Actually, the hole seems like a safer place for that crystal than on top of a really obvious crystal mountain. It’s like Twilight WANTED someone evil to find it and use it for their own nefarious plans.

PInatas are full of lies…and candy! Misty’s taking too long, this isn’t happening, is it?

“You two getting along is not compelling television!” Pipp’s right. Start throwing rubber chickens at them or something.

Izzy spraying whipped cream when she talks: Izzy is gross count: 2.

Starting public access television was a really weird move for this show.

Wow, what is going on with Izzy’s phone case? It has SO MUCH personality. And a cute little face on it.

Seriously, Opaline, get a cough drop or something.

“You don’t have to spit on me when you grovel” Oh, Misty…*sigh* I guess it’s really easy to fall back into bad habits.

“Mind telling me what THAT is?” I mean…I’m pretty sure she’s seen Misty use a fake cutie mark before, right? This shouldn’t be a big deal.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
3139335.gif

Top Bottom