MYM - Chap4, Ep1: "Top Remodel"............................(SPOILERS)

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen

The next chapter of MYM has begun!
The Mane-5 have renovation plans.
And Zipp has a cryptic message to solve.

The episode is now available on Netflix
---------------------------

SYNOPSIS:

Top Remodel

While the ponies decide how to renovate the abandoned Canterlogic building,
Zipp attempts to decode a cryptic message from Twilight Sparkle.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Top Remodel

Canterlogic building.

Pipp likes spooky abandoned buildings. I don't know when it was decided for her to be like this but both the TYT and MYM teams got the memo.

Sprout and his family closed it down. It doesn't sound like they were forced out. Bankruptcy is still a compatible possibility though.

MYM is ignoring all the times they've been here in TYT, unless this episode remains temporally vague enough to place it earlier in the timeline.

Flying animations have improved so much since the first MYM episode last year.

Izzy has an unhappy smile.

Okay forget bankruptcy. They're making it sound like the place was just abandoned and no one owns it. Maretime Bay's government hasn't claimed it either.

Sunny believes in democracy.

Pipp totally gets Hitch.

I wonder who's watching. Dare I hope?

Wait, Zipp was serious? That wasn't just an excuse to get out of work? I should be proud but I'm disappointed. I guess this means I'm a mess.

Misty!

I thought Opaline wanted the crystals before. I haven't had enough coffee to follow the intricacies of her plan at this point.

Sunny is learning why the herd needs a leader.

This is certainly a MYM episode. We have an A plot, a B plot, and a C plot. Arguably a D plot as well. Why aren't the 44 minute specials like this?

My boy! That mane is unmistakable.

Neigh way. The horse puns are really forced and terrible sometimes but this one is golden.

THERE HE IS!

This image. They understand Sprout completely.

"I thought we all agreed to move past that."

Pipp does not share my enthusiasm about this reunion.

They're clinging to each other again.

The lights work. Why didn't they just try try that in the first place?

"My factory."

Zipp has been studying the crystals for days. So far we can make a solid case for placing this episode earlier in the timeline.

We get an okay look at the laptop's buttons. They're rightfully huge. I'm happy.

Okay these shots of Misty's junk unicorn not responding with even the soundtrack on pause are comedy gold.

The Hitch calendar returns. And a picture of Sprout and his mother.

"Oh I don't have a solution." I don't know the name of this genre of comedy but it is good.

"This is my building."

Sunny is learning why the herd needs a leader.

Pipp, in my considerable experience you need Mozart. I've found his music to have the most effect on animals by a wide margin. Anything else is iffy.

"I leave. Good luck."

I don't know why this music worked any better.

Phyllis is still in town. This is unfortunate.

So they're turning it into a community... studio? It kinda makes sense. There are plenty of productions that work out of the same building. This would just have a rental model.

They disagree but they're going to let him keep believing it.

Misty is losing it.

Someday we'll have to make sense of what happened to Canterlogic and why nobody seems to own the building. For now I'm just going to enjoy this.

For a while I was worried about how they'd handle Sprout if he came back in a significant way. He is a layered onion, but it's easy to miss some of his layers if you only watch the movie once, and I doubt Hasbro's internal bio is all that detailed. The writers could easily fail to realize how interesting he really is. But I am convinced they know what they're doing.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Top Remodel:

Hmm…no sign of Zipp’s obstacle course or the zombie animal attack from Tell Your Tale in Canter Logic. I call shenanigans.

Again, Pipp just loves spooky stuff. It’s just a thing with her. I can dig it.

You know, given this franchise, Royal Ghosts aren’t that hard to believe. Now we know what happened to their dad. (I’m kidding…OR AM I?!)

Oh you haven’t gone into Canter Logic since the movie…NOPE! *SIGH* This is pointing to Tell Your Tale being a different universe than Make Your Mark, isn’t it? So much for that experiment.

Hitch is going to squeeze Sparky until he pops if he keeps getting spooked….so would YOU try and scare him?

Doesn’t Phyllis still technically own the land? Can Sunny just co-op this building? The power of the Alicorn has gone to her head!

Oh, she’s going to ask EVERYONE for what they want. Okay, this is how everything goes wrong.

“I bet ghosties are totally against REGULATIONS!” Pipp knows how to play Hitch.

MISTY! I still have to wonder where she got a cellphone.

Misty’s talking back a little. Okay, we’re building up to it.

LOREDUMP! So..stealilng the crystals will DESTROY the magic? I thought they were the SOURCE of the magic, not being in the lighthouse, but…whatever.

That’s not what a “conduit” is. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it does. I mean, a “conduit” IS what the crystals are, since they convert friendship into magic. But, Opaline’s explaining it all wrong.

Poor Izzy, this shouldn’t all get dumped on her.

“Maybe you could loosen your grip on the baby dragon a bit” Aw, ruin our fun, why don't you Pipp!

Other ponies interrupting her before she can finish her sentence: Posey’s rage is justified count: 1.

Pipp’s mentioning another book. The Spooky Stable series. She mentioned a book series before, too. Pipp’s kind of a fan of books. That twist from the books sounds kind of lame, though.

Sprout! Wait, is he still living here? I mean…it probably is his house.

I mean, Sunny DID get a fancier lighthouse out of that whole debacle. Somehow. So, she really came out ahead of the whole deal. Sprout might have a bit of a point.

Rats with wings! Literally! I guess that’s less freaky than ghosts to them. Of course, they DID JUST fight ghosts in Bridlewoodstock, so…Pipp really should have satisfied her ghost quota for the week.

“Awww…why couldn’t it have been ghosties?” Pipp REALLY wants to believe.

The book from the Winter Wishdays special!

And Misty’s going Pinkamena on us. Then again, Senior Butterscotch HAS become a beloved member of our extended cast. I welcome our new tennis-ball-friend.

Can’t Hitch just talk to the Pega-rats?

So, they’re going to build a zoo, huh? (…No? I’m surprised they just ran them out of town)

Elder Flower! I wonder if we’re going to end up meeting her later?

OH MY GOODNESS! I love that the rats are sick of hearing Pipp’s pop songs! So overplayed! HAHAHA!

Aw, you should at least let Sprout keep the painting of him and his mom instead of throwing it out.

“Idea number two…I LEAVE GOOD LUCK” I sympathize with Sprout more than I should.

Singing rats…okay.

A few balloons are all it takes to get Hitch airborne. As in the comics, Hitch has the hollow bones of a precious baby bird.

Getting all pied piper up in here. Just make sure the kids don’t start following you too.

Canterlot Studios? They turned it into a television studio? Hasbro needs it’s playsets, I guess.

Again, I have to worry about Sunny’s attitude about private property ownership.

Opaline hates strawberry smoothies but Misty loves them…the fundamental difference between good and evil, on display.

Madame Taffytail. Senior Butterscotch WILL have a girlfriend! Even though she does give Misty bad advice. I DEMAND a redemption arc for Madame Taffytail!

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
FrI2lCn.gif

Top Bottom