My little comic review podcast covering the Energon Universe

Matrix_Prime

Citizen
Hopefully this is OK to post here. My old TFWIRE podcast grew its fanbase from these very forums, and I'm eternally grateful for that.
That podcast is long in the past though, and I've recently started another called Another Comic Review in which we are covering all comics within the new Energon Universe. If you're interested, please check it out. anothercomicreview.com

We haven't explored the idea yet, but may also be open to guest hosts as well. If you're interested, let me know!

Last edited:

Matrix_Prime

Citizen
I like comics, I like listening to podcasts, I will give this a try!
Sweet. Let me know what you think. We started last year with Void Rivals, but still relatively new. Also trying to figure out my mic with our online recording software - its a fantastic mic, but when recording with others it tends to be a bit hot, so still adjusting settings.

Mat-Man

Citizen
So after listening through all the episodes, with the exception of the last one, I thought they seemed fine. The latest one it sounded like one of the other hosts (sorry, their name escapes me) sounded almost like he was talking into a soup can, although it could very well be that that episode was the only one listened to through a Bluetooth speaker where the rest were listened to on my headphones.

I do wonder, why you all seem to mainly only covering Void Rivals, with an occasional mention of Transformers and the only G.I. Joe references are for the only comic that ISN'T part of the Energon Universe? I'm not really complaining (too much ;) ), just curious.

Anyway, that's my thoughts. I am enjoying listening to the show and look forward to the next episode!

Matrix_Prime

Citizen
So after listening through all the episodes, with the exception of the last one, I thought they seemed fine. The latest one it sounded like one of the other hosts (sorry, their name escapes me) sounded almost like he was talking into a soup can, although it could very well be that that episode was the only one listened to through a Bluetooth speaker where the rest were listened to on my headphones.
If it's me (Jesse), the online software I'm using for recording the show seemingly doesn't like my mic - despite the fact it's $150 mic. When I record on my own via software on my computer, it sounds amazing - you can hear this in the Quick Hits.

I do wonder, why you all seem to mainly only covering Void Rivals, with an occasional mention of Transformers and the only G.I. Joe references are for the only comic that ISN'T part of the Energon Universe? I'm not really complaining (too much ;) ), just curious.
Not sure on this one, we are covering everything in the Energon Universe. We are current on Void Rivals, current on Transformers (1-6), and are recording Duke/Cobra Commander #3 this weekend.

Mat-Man

Citizen
You sound fine and clear in all the episodes (at least to my not-as-good-as-it ever-was-hearing), I wonder if it's on their end, maybe? Or a software issue? (I freely admit I know nothing about recording podcasts).

As to the coverage, maybe I just missed you guys talking about Duke/Cobra Commander in other episodes (or my feed may have skipped playing it, I saw it had skipped one on my initial listen through so it's possible more may have been unintentionally skipped.) If I get a chance this weekend I'll re-listen to all the episodes again.

Top Bottom