MLP N Friends cartoon production thread

Greebtron

Citizen
"L.O. Note: Make spooky."

More interesting stuff here.

The End of Flutter Valley Part 9: The heads in these storyboards are very Rescue at Midnight Castle. Imagine if the whole series stuck with that style.

The Return of Tambelon Part 4: Grogar actually got creepier in the animation. Very surprising. These storyboards also confirm that Whizzer was supposed to be one of the captured ponies here. She is very difficult to spot in the episode, if she's there at all, making it seem like she managed to get away at the end of Part 3. This is something of a running gag with her.
On the Flutter Valley sets, Wendell Washer (who originally owned these copies) only boarded the songs. I don't know who did the story on Parts 3 and 4, but Part 9 is by Bob Kline, who is a legend among storyboard artists.

Greebtron

Citizen
Last but certainly not least, a 185 page model sheet pack, including Attitudes, Turnarounds, Mouth Guides and Construction models: https://sunbowmarvelarchive.blogspot.com/p/mp-5201-my-little-pony-1984-1986-sunbow.html
My Little Pony model sheet master file_Page_002.jpgMy Little Pony model sheet master file_Page_095.jpgMy Little Pony model sheet master file_Page_150.jpgMy Little Pony model sheet master file_Page_171.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As an occasional artist, I might use these. The attitudes and mouth guides are fantastic.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wish these model sheets had been put in the hands of a more competent animation studio, or that the animators were given more time. I do like G1 but it's clear that it was intended to be so much more.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This artist has a cute style. Some of those panels could be reaction images.

I hope part 1 turns up someday, because it has one of the few scenes where the animators actually seemed to nail the intended comedic timing.

Top Bottom