Mental Health and Suicide

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Just venting about it is good, I think. If your spouse isn't familiar with this, I suggest letting them read your post. Nothing wrong with written communication if you can't get it out verbally.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm constantly updating so many people that I keep forgetting to update this thread. Sorry.

Today was a good day. Late last night his appetite came back. I mean roaringly came back. He ate really well all day and kept it all down.

Chemo is rough but we were prepared for much worse. This is doable.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Good. I'm glad he's taking to it so well. Hopefully this means he's got it beat.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If it keeps going like this I'm going to need to find a different thread to post these updates in.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Every day is a struggle and no amount of therapy or medicine has truly helped me.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm having a paradox.

I feel alone. This is weird with all I've been doing these past few months. I have never had less alone time in my adult life. Yet I feel more alone. It's also weird because everything seems to be going so well. I couldn't be more optimistic. But there's this creeping feeling of loneliness for seemingly no reason.

MrBlud

Citizen
I feel lonely constantly but spending time with people doesn’t stop or negate the feeling so yeah it’s just kinda *there*

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He's doing well. Unfortunately I have "help" this week. He will not survive if I leave him alone with this help.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Physically and mentally: he WILL adapt to the chemo and his rebound period will shorten. The trade off is: it might take more than a year for him to get back to "normal" once he's OFF the chemo. Mom still has low days and it's been more almost two years since her regimen. They are fewer and farther between, but they do happen.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We'll take it. The hospital thought this was already over the day they admitted him.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have a job interview tomorrow. During a chemo week. It's awful timing. It's going to be a miracle if I'm prepared for this and it feels like I've already used up my share of miracles here. And if I get the job I could be set for life. No pressure.

NO PRESSURE.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Good luck. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to dwell on your father during the interview. You say he's doing well and there's nothing to be done while you're in the interview. Good luck, both for the interview and your father.

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen
Might be hard to forget an actual modern-day Cryptid walking into their office. :LOL:

Good luck on your interview, Fnu. We're all over here cheering for you.

tumblr_oyewdsQDpm1t0p5v8o1_500.gifv

Top Bottom