Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I bought a few singles in the Alola era because the art was cool. I lost interest during the lockdowns and the prices they are now keep me away.

I decided to put in a preorder for the Metroplex and while i was there, Legacy Dreadwing and an unrelated super robot thing as well.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I already played Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh when the Pokemon card game started and two was enough. Dropped Yugioh but never cared enough to pick up Pokemon after that.

Huh, auto correct only changed one name and didn't match it.

unluckiness

Citizen
Magic's not in a good spot in terms of gameplay but at least it isn't contemporary Yu-Gi-Oh; possibly the worst case of power creep ever.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Magic's had ups and downs as you'd expect from such a long-running game. Unfortunately it's been mostly downs for the last couple of years, since they keep doubling down on high-priced promo sets and gimmicky crap like that whole debacle with the unique One Ring card.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I played Yugioh casually when I was a kid and into my teens and seeing the game nowadays it's like...well from what I've seen the joke about how the rarest thing to see in a duel nowadays is turn 2 is basically true.

I mean Edison format exists, at the very least, but goddamn how the **** are new people expected to get into Yugioh with the damn way the game is nowadays?

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
I played back when the Blue Eyes White Dragon was the biggest threat around (well, a couple bigger monsters existed, but they were mostly fusions, and nobody ever played the Gate Guardian because it was horrible), fusions and rituals were about as complicated as it got, and the game actually flowed like, well, a game. Now it's just seeing who can combo out half their deck in the first turn and lock the other guy out of playing at all. Just doesn't look fun.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I tried to pick up most of the Godzilla crossover Magic cards when they did that promo with Ikoria a couple years ago. Never did get close to a full set, though. Never actually played any Magic, either.

unluckiness

Citizen
I like how Pokemon is relatively balanced. You generally exchange knockouts and who wins is determined by who played their multiple prize card mons better. When I looked into Magic a year or so ago, it seemed that they were just trying to sell ridiculous sets with little regard to the impact on gameplay. Yu-Gi-Oh is just two people playing solitaire and seeing who finishes first. They really need some kind of resource system or set rotation.

That said, you couldn't get me to play any trading card game outside of a videogame or simulator nowadays.

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
You could always go back and pull out some of the old dead games that weren't too bad, like Netrunner or the old Battletech TCG. Since the games are dead, there won't be any new cards, and once you have what you want, you're good. There was also Star Wars and Star Trek ones back in the day(Decipher did the latter), as well as the old Marvel Overpower game.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
One of these days I really should start playing the actual Pokémon TCG. I mean I've had fun with the old GBC game and, even though I've heard it's not that good, I can use the code cards in that TCG Live game for like...unlocking the packs in the game (but you don't get the same cards in-game as you do IRL, god imagine pulling like a super hard to find card from a booster pack in the game but not real life) and then I can like play the game without needing to do things like 'go to real events'.

I just haven't cuz I haven't actually opened any of my Pokémon cards yet for reasons.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
The upside of playing them as video games is that you don't end up with a closet full of old cards that you can't get rid of.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Yeah but then you can't find your old cards from childhood and go 'wow how much are they worth' and they're worth like $50 total.

unluckiness

Citizen
I'll bite if they make this in Murderbee colors.
008de00Pgy1hgqlalucogj311i15otuo.jpg
008de00Pgy1hgqlams3vij311i15o4jp.jpg

"Use the material object as the standard!"
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I liked the Magic joke sets and new Kamigawa. Kinda hate how they're just vomiting out new sets/specials without giving people much chance to, you know, learn and enjoy the current sets.

The MLP card game was actually really balanced and silly. Good luck finding someone to play with, though.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
It just hit me today....

Transformers: World's Worst hit 25 years old this February.

There you go, BW fans can't claim to be so neglected anymore, all things considered.

We should have had pie.

Top Bottom