Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Blot

Citizen
I mean I will be the first to always want to see Hasbro attempt to turn the complete goofballs designs that is the G1 animation models into workable toys but even by Floro Dery's standards of "just make parts warp and resize and go wherever", Elita One's shift from robot to car on her character model is a dumpster fire of nonsense. Which I'm all for, but the toy that is being made is definitely the wiser option especially on an actual realizable budget.

7RSfGnX.jpg

(if you need help figuring out what goes where, just remember it was probably colored in by a different person so they didn't consider that. Focus on the lines and shapes).

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
It’s not even all that bad considering Authentics are basically Legends complexity on Deluxe-sized figures. if this was the size of a Core class figure, it’d be one of the better ones
Isn't the Authentics Arcee in the smaller scale? I think it is basically Core class size. EDIT: yeah, it's in the Bravo 5 inch assortment, so more or less the size of a Core figure. It's definitely on my list of figures to hunt for, particularly because it's in the smaller scale.

Last edited:

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
I mean I will be the first to always want to see Hasbro attempt to turn the complete goofballs designs that is the G1 animation models into workable toys but even by Floro Dery's standards of "just make parts warp and resize and go wherever", Elita One's shift from robot to car on her character model is a dumpster fire of nonsense. Which I'm all for, but the toy that is being made is definitely the wiser option especially on an actual realizable budget.
Who are you disagreeing with? The only other person who's mentioned the animation model is me, and that was to say that the alt mode is hot garbage. You know people can like and dislike things based on something other than cartoon accuracy right?

Blot

Citizen
I just don't get Tec's logic that the design we're getting is worse than that one.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
I still don't see tec advocating for the animation model alt mode, maybe I missed that. He did say that he thought that even the Starscream retool was better than the Legacy version. But yeah, he also called Earthrise Arcee "passable" so all of his opinions are clearly invalid anyway.

Edit: It's also worth saying, Arcee and Elita 1 have pretty similar Barbie shapes to them in their animation model robot modes. With Elita 1, the designers chose to go with blocky shins that could work with the transformation instead of following Dery's silhouette exactly. The fact that they didn't make that choice for Arcee is why she's dwarfed by her kibble and has to remove half of it, and I think the better choice is clear. So for all my mixed complaints about Elita 1's alt mode, they're entirely stylistic stuff - she's an entirely decent looking robot with a seemingly entirely serviceable transformation.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I cut Gundam some slack since more often than not, it's purely a functional thing ie a more aerodynamic shape for flying around.

Clearly, this is for all the times when your giant mechanism of warfare needs to type an essay.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
To be specific, it reminds me of the Destroy Gundam.

10057449a102.jpg

Deploys in hunched-over form to bring more firepower to bear as a walking siege engine/WMD, then stands up and uses its arms to fight smaller, more mobile threats like other robots. It's clearly a function-over-form transformation, to serve a purpose rather than actually looking like something else.

unluckiness

Citizen
You could tweak the head and give it an apron and bigass knife. Call it Konami crossover Pyramid Head lol

unluckiness

Citizen
It got its foot in the door first in the "real robot" genre and has more consistent release schedule than Macross

Last edited:

Blot

Citizen
From what I remember doesn't the CGI model just sort of blob into itself and suddenly it's a man standing up?

Top Bottom