Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Why is Lazercrow wearing Jonkler colors? Is he stupid?
IMG_1596.jpeg

unluckiness

Citizen
About two weeks ago, I ordered something from ShowZ store. Transaction went well, no real complaints aside from the shipping taking forever but eh, I can wait for toys. They put that Item up for sale at $25 off today. Kinda sucks but here's the thing: I'd never have known about that if they didn't email me, giving me $25 store credit for something they sold me a couple weeks ago. Outstanding service. Might just spend some of that on the cube megazord or maybe something else. Too bad they don't caryy official toys, I'm kind of thinking on Studio Series Magnus and $25 off that would make it a definite yes.

On another note, I'm thinking of buying some Godzilla figures.

unluckiness

Citizen
WTF the package arrived. I know Hong Kong's just a couple hours away but damn. Guess they slacked on updating the tracking.
IMG_1619.jpeg

IMG_1620.jpeg

IMG_1621.jpeg

IMG_1623.jpeg

There’s like four shades of pink on this thing and all of them go to the damn sword for next to no effect but making parts of it opaque. Might have to fix that. I also don’t dig the shades of colors used. In hand, the black’s not really black but a dark gray and the gray’s a smidge too dark and too brown for my tastes.

The stupid articulated hands are fairly terrible at holding anything. Matrix execution also baffles me.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Going with dark grey instead of black seems like it's missing the entire point of doing this deco at all.

unluckiness

Citizen
It’s wouldn’t be too bad if the gray wasn’t so damn dark. Unless he’s in direct lighting, they sometimes blend together in a homogenous mass.

oh well, he’s a passable Scourge who won’t be tiny next to Haslab RiD Optimus

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
There's a toy store near me that I like going to whenever I can because they always have a good selection of Transformers, both new and used stock, and their prices are like really good too. They don't do that shit that some indie stores do where they overprice new product, it's all MSRP (and sometimes cheaper) and you also often find loose new figures for cheaper.

Like today I got a loose Legacy Detritus to replace the one I had to return to Walmart about a month ago that had a gammy arm that would just come off because it wasn't attached properly at the factory. It was $14.

They also had the G2 Mirage and Jazz figures from the Toxitron Collection loose as well, also $14. Was hella tempted to get Mirage but I passed on him.

Also grabbed the reissue Astrotrain from a couple years back for $35 (which is around the price that people are selling this reissue online, most are around $37-40) and a Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus in a hella beat up box for like $80 (which I think is a bit overpriced but still I wanted it. Not for the SGness, I couldn't give two shits about Shattered Glass but because I'm the exact type of nerd who wants the Diaclone and Microchange homage figures)

unluckiness

Citizen
I still can't believe they tried to retool Siege Megatron into an approximation of a jet. You do realize you made a new Shattered Glass universe and can make Megatron look like anything, right?

unluckiness

Citizen
I know a "Friday afternoon with 5 minutes to clocking out" job when I see one. It's just sad.

Also, Siege Megs has a pretty evil-looking mug. Idea was doomed from the moment they chose the mold.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
The transformers fandom's obsession with ratchets and paint for the sake of paint is unusual among all the collecting circles I've come across.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As far as paint for the sake of paint goes, we've still got nothing on Gundam collectors who paint their kits in the same colors they're already molded in.

unluckiness

Citizen
I can understand why Gundam fans do it though. Gundam kits can have really thin, like eggshell thick plastic which can give a bad effect when placed with the light-up accessories or the brightly-lit displays higher end models tend to be put with. Furthermore, all gundams have to do is move their arms and legs a bit and maybe hold a gun or wear a backpack. They’re not going to have too many moving parts. Besides that, DIY paint ends up going with the overall theme of putting work into building a figure you uniquely made yourself that the gunpla concept lives by.

TF plastic is substantially thicker just for the necessity of surviving transformation, light wouldn’t shine through it unless you put LEDs directly inside and we don’t get many light-up effects to begin with. TFs also have to transform, adding more tolerance and paint rub problems that could be avoided since Transformers are generally big solid blocks of color, especially in MP line whose fans are always clamoring for fully-painted figures.

Last edited:

Top Bottom