Masterpiece Thread

Dake

Citizen
I forgot you have some people on ignore so you wouldn't have seen it. No worries. Very good info none the less. Better to have too much info than not enough. :)

I mean is it though? The long-standing rules of forums going back to BBS days is to not spam them, which is ultimately what it results in. It's honestly pretty funny because it's almost like clockwork. Someone will post something new to any given thread and two to three posts later, here comes PX with almost the exact same post. I'm genuinely curious what the percentage of the board they've ignored at this point, because we don't have that large a population any more.

Anyway - MP60 is honestly kind of funny. It's arguably the worst looking "regular" Optimus toy, clearly designed from the start to be combined with the trailer. That being said, there's a certain nostalgia to getting him by himself because I lost my G1 Optimus when I was a kid and a loose flea market Powermaster Prime cab stood in for him in my collection. Now I can relive those days only for A LOT more money! :ROFLMAO:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I mean is it though? The long-standing rules of forums going back to BBS days is to not spam them, which is ultimately what it results in. It's honestly pretty funny because it's almost like clockwork. Someone will post something new to any given thread and two to three posts later, here comes PX with almost the exact same post. I'm genuinely curious what the percentage of the board they've ignored at this point, because we don't have that large a population any more.

Anyway - MP60 is honestly kind of funny. It's arguably the worst looking "regular" Optimus toy, clearly designed from the start to be combined with the trailer. That being said, there's a certain nostalgia to getting him by himself because I lost my G1 Optimus when I was a kid and a loose flea market Powermaster Prime cab stood in for him in my collection. Now I can relive those days only for A LOT more money! :ROFLMAO:

Powermaster Prime was the only Optimus I had as a kid, and one of my favorites. My parents sold 95% of my Transformers at a garage sale while I was off at college, but somehow missed his super mode head, which ended up being the only piece of him I had left. I ended up turning it into a custom Pez dispenser years later.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Can anyone tell me about the implications of this? Because I don't follow either line to know enough, and I'm mostly encountering whining about this being a cost-cutting venture (including at least one person claiming the shrimpy supermodel arms are another cut corner, natch) and that the brand is ruined forever.
One would assume it's simply a branding thing. The two lines already are overlapping with the release of Ginrai. It probably makes sense to phase out the older line for the newer one. I would think anything that would have been planned for MP is just going to come out in MPG now.
(am i crazy or isn't the masterpiece g series specifically just called masterpiece g (like the letter g) and 'gattai' was just one of the things they said that the g can stand for but it's not actually called masterpiece gattai lmao)
Gattai Giant Great.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
One would assume it's simply a branding thing. The two lines already are overlapping with the release of Ginrai. It probably makes sense to phase out the older line for the newer one. I would think anything that would have been planned for MP is just going to come out in MPG now.
Unless MPG remains combiners-only.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I wanna like it there are things I like about it OG PMOP is one of my favorite TFs
BUT there are things wrong with it that make me wanna wait on getting it

First the Toy accurate version separate from the show accurate version with Trailer booo
Second the truck cab section it being an MP or excuses me MPG they would have found a slightly better way for it to look
Third the arms do in fact stick to far up on the trailer a slider in that section to lower them down more could have been used

I say the MPG PMOP is about 95% perfect

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
what are the odds we see some 3d printed marvel comics PMOP head 'upgrade' that looks terrible when stuck on the japanese-anime body of mp super ginrai

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Powermaster Prime was the only Optimus I had as a kid, and one of my favorites. My parents sold 95% of my Transformers at a garage sale while I was off at college, but somehow missed his super mode head, which ended up being the only piece of him I had left. I ended up turning it into a custom Pez dispenser years later.
Reminds me of how I held on to the trailer to use for Krang's body (his bubble walker fits in there well enough) when my parents had me get rid of my Transformers.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It reminds me of the ill-fated "Xovergen Trailerforce" figure.

At this stage, even though I don't like KFC toys, I think their rendition might even be better than the official MP version(and I don't think it's that great though myself).

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't collect Masterpiece figures anyway, but I was thinking about making an exception for PMOP. I think I will be passing as well. Too much for what you get.

Kup

Citizen
^ Glad I’m not the only one. I love PMOP; very fond memories of it as a kid. It was a replacement for my 84 Prime I played with until he fell apart (not too dissimilar to that Alligator-Prime episode).

I’ve been waiting for a good update to it. Titans Return was lacking, and I was not impressed with the multipack repaint at all. Masterpiece or Haslab seemed to be the best option…and this ain’t it.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Superginrai_1stapp.jpg
nRUMvet.jpeg

I'm on the fence here... will MPG-10 be Godbomber? Or will they just re-release the entire set with Godbomber included? I doubt they'd leave it Godbomber-less after going so far as to do extra trains for Raiden in the same line.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I want to like this toy. I really do. I love PMOP and I'd kill for a good modern update. But this is....not that. Even acknowledging that Ginrai has different proportions and this is going for that, it still just doesn't look nearly good enough to justify that price tag. Especially in the same year as Haslab Omega Prime eating a huge chunk of toy budget.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
The problem is, MP Star Saber never got a Victory Leo except for third party efforts of varying quality. While you'd think Godbomber would be a given, there's no guarantee, as Takara has overlooked the obvious moneymakers before, though I have no idea why.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
While Ginrai has the obvious extra selling point of doubling as Prime, Godbomber has somewhat less credit on his own, being a glorified add-on. Whether he's worth making for Takara will depend entirely on how well Ginrai sells.

Top Bottom