Looking for feedback regarding future Transformer fansub projects

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I believe all of Cloud comics hasvebeen scanned. There were some online already and the Allspark's old user Verity / Escargon / Jenny (?) asked me to scan it for her.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I believe all of Cloud comics hasvebeen scanned. There were some online already and the Allspark's old user Verity / Escargon / Jenny (?) asked me to scan it for her.
Yeah, I believe the scans she got from you are the ones on the Wiki's archive.

karyuudo

Citizen
I would have to talk to Ume about it, but I think TF Cloud would be a lot easier to translate. Any series which is text-based would be just adding the translation in there vs listening and then writing out the Japanese for long sentences etc.

karyuudo

Citizen
Just to give everyone a quick update, we're at 30 out of the 41 audio stories done with Kiss Players. I really enjoyed "Tonight's Big Catch" which featured Hot Rodimus and Syao since it talks about events during and after Transformers the Movie.

There's also 4 audio clips from the voice actresses and 2 talk sessions with them. I'm not sure if anyone is interested in hearing those translated also?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I would have to talk to Ume about it, but I think TF Cloud would be a lot easier to translate. Any series which is text-based would be just adding the translation in there vs listening and then writing out the Japanese for long sentences etc.
It's also prose stories in addition to comics.

Just to give everyone a quick update, we're at 30 out of the 41 audio stories done with Kiss Players. I really enjoyed "Tonight's Big Catch" which featured Hot Rodimus and Syao since it talks about events during and after Transformers the Movie.
Kudos! Y'all are very brave to tackle this series.

Wait, 41? I count 42 according to TFWiki's episode listings.

There's also 4 audio clips from the voice actresses and 2 talk sessions with them. I'm not sure if anyone is interested in hearing those translated also?
Sure, why not?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Nah, unless someone has them recorded somewhere, there hasn't been an official release of that material.
Glad it's doubly covered by the 15 Go! Go! manga.

Wait, did you guys do that too, or strictly just the 3-issue Kiss Players manga?

karyuudo

Citizen
I see Chris is taking the plunge into Kiss Players this weekend on the Basics. Judging by the comments, people really need to sit down and digest this series with a full translation before passing judgement.

karyuudo

Citizen
I've been told that Andrew "Hydra" Hall may be able to help you out with that.
Yeah I had someone message me on Facebook about this. I actually reached out to him and I'm waiting for a reply. We'll see if he's got anything since I know he's pretty well connected.

karyuudo

Citizen
I've been told that Andrew "Hydra" Hall may be able to help you out with that.
And Hydra replied that he doesn't have any of those recordings either. I'm guessing if they were recorded anywhere, they would have been on the net by now.

karyuudo

Citizen
I know it's been a number of months since the last update, but the project is still going. Translation is complete for all the audio recordings and the 15 Go Go book has been completed for some time prior to that. However, the videos which I'm putting together to make the presentation are taking up a bit of time. Hopefully I'll have something out in the next while.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Awesome!

And don't worry too much about Cloud. The Wiki has been doing a massive translation endeavor for not just Cloud but also "World of the Transformers", whose .swf webpage files have been recovered and (along with Cloud) have been given archival source pages with all the Japanese text translated into English, using DeepL as a base with touch ups made to the translation with help from some of the Wiki's Japanese experts. Although, in Cloud's case, this was done for just the prose stories and toy bios. The comics have been untouched since they already had an English translation (albeit, of the same quality as those included with other e-HOBBY pack-in comics, but still).

Following those, the Wiki's current translation archival projects being tackled right now are all the prose and comics for RobotMasters, Binaltech, and Binaltech Asterisk.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
And don't worry too much about Cloud. The Wiki has been doing a massive translation endeavor for not just Cloud but also "World of the Transformers", whose .swf webpage files have been recovered and (along with Cloud) have been given archival source pages with all the Japanese text translated into English, using DeepL as a base with touch ups made to the translation with help from some of the Wiki's Japanese experts. Although, in Cloud's case, this was done for just the prose stories and toy bios. The comics have been untouched since they already had an English translation (albeit, of the same quality as those included with other e-HOBBY pack-in comics, but still).
...Well, I guess I know what I'm reading for the next week. Thanks for the work, and send my thanks to AzimuthAcolyte!

karyuudo

Citizen
It's great to see there's lot of fans out there inspired to help bridge the language gaps for everyone. :)
Just want to see, does anyone have their Kiss Players toy boxes opened up and have a scanner available? One of guys who's been helping me with the material provided photograph scans using an app with some of these images which are on the boxes. Not sure if anyone can provide higher quality ones.

Also I've got about 5 videos left to put together for this project. So not too much longer.

Attachments

• 1646443410686-366b1736-29ec-403d-bcb8-54f16c098cd6__edit_1877676691345257.jpg
    1646443410686-366b1736-29ec-403d-bcb8-54f16c098cd6__edit_1877676691345257.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 1646443979194-a8e810b9-8fbb-4259-bc1a-d3a39c4fe33d_.jpg
    1646443979194-a8e810b9-8fbb-4259-bc1a-d3a39c4fe33d_.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 1646444191750-3ec3f521-ec29-4ab4-a715-4d978820304b.jpg
    1646444191750-3ec3f521-ec29-4ab4-a715-4d978820304b.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 62

Top Bottom