Lego and other brick toys

Ryougabot

Citizen
346866539_1313986932875173_6965325633121765387_n.jpg

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
If you're familiar with Miniso, it's a store that sells various cute (possibly bootleg) things. They have their own brand of brick toys, got one.
20240112_201908~2.jpg
Pretty cute. Main complaint is that the bricks are smaller and incompatible with Lego. Some of the instructions were unclear. I also wish there was at least one minifig.
The drawers on the cabinets and fridge all open.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I been on a bit of a binge of some older sets from when I was younger and just need one more to complete all of the major models, when I have gotten the last set I want, I'll reveal what I been buying, but its out of this world as a theme, but the instructions are different from todays kits along with the packing, the packing shows altertive builds which today's stuff outside of the 3 in 1 kits don't do, also the boxes have cardboard trays again which is different from todays kits where you just have the box and the kit and nothing else!

Also, I won off Ebay the Lions Castle kit, and that cost less than brand new including P&P and should be complete

Shadhausen

Citizen
Just wondering what everybody's experience is with non-Lego brand bricks? There seem to be a lot out there and I've heard good things about some but I'm a little tentative about taking the plunge.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
If you're in the Midwest, my local Meijer had a bunch of the March releases out and in the system available to buy, so it might be worth checking their own local Meijer if anyone's looking for anything from those releases.

Saw some of the new Star Wars sets, Animal Crossing sets, Technic sets and Disney sets.

Shadhausen

Citizen
If you're in the Midwest, my local Meijer had a bunch of the March releases out and in the system available to buy, so it might be worth checking their own local Meijer if anyone's looking for anything from those releases.

Saw some of the new Star Wars sets, Animal Crossing sets, Technic sets and Disney sets.
Yeah, I found all the new Speed Champions sets at Meijer this weekend.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I've been building the 90th aniverary castle set, almost done only four more bags to go, it will be the key point of a setup I got in mind, but to finish the setup, I need to move some other stuff around first and then take out of a storage box my other castle and use that in a different way to before. Apart of this setup I got in mind, involves UFO sets that I resently acquired, thou I am also thinking about getting some lights for one of those ships to replace the ones that come with it as they aren't very great and the battery box heats up rapidly, when I got it all setup, I'll take pictures, thou it won't be for a while yet

Axaday

Citizen
I've been building the 90th aniverary castle set, almost done only four more bags to go, it will be the key point of a setup I got in mind, but to finish the setup, I need to move some other stuff around first and then take out of a storage box my other castle and use that in a different way to before. Apart of this setup I got in mind, involves UFO sets that I resently acquired, thou I am also thinking about getting some lights for one of those ships to replace the ones that come with it as they aren't very great and the battery box heats up rapidly, when I got it all setup, I'll take pictures, thou it won't be for a while yet
Lion Knights Castle?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Lion Knights Castle?

Yeah, that's the one, its time consuming on building, but its worth it as there is a lot of detail and some tricks you might not think of, just going by the images, such as the use of hinges, they are used not only for moving two halves of the structures but to give angled parts! Among the details is a tribue to the old yellow castle in the form of a miniture

Axaday

Citizen
Yes, I have it. I did the inventory for Bricklink. I am working on 10332 now.
DSC_6015.jpg

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Alright, so here I am, asking for some advice.

So, I've got a pretty massive bin of lego in the basement. It's literally been years since I've touched it other than to move it so I can clean something. So I plan to sell it.

It's a "mixed" bin. In that the like stuff is separated roughly into bags, but not sorted by kit or theme. I've got quite a few instructions, but since it's a collection that spans my entire actual life: there's a long period of time in which I did not care about instructions past the first build, and consequently I am many, many short of what's actually in there. I know there's a bunch of star wars stuff.

I have a lot of exo-force instruction sheets. I thought they were from before I kept them, but I guess not. Related question: did north american lego exo-force kits give extra instructions sheets in the box? I knew I had doubles of some, but not four or more.

But the actual question is: is it worth my time and effort to break as much of it as possible into the constituent kits or is it worth more as bulk? There's definetly star wars, and exo-force in there, and apparently those are valuable?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
On the one hand, they will almost certainly be worth more sold by the set or by the piece than in bulk; maybe check the value of the sets you do have instructions for and see if they are worth hunting through the bin for the parts to put them together. On the other hand, selling Lego by the set or by the part can be pretty time-consuming, and if someone will give you a decent price for the whole lot, it might be worth it to not have to sort?

Brickset and Bricklink are good sites to use for reference for sets and prices, and Lego has a pretty extensive instruction archive online if there are sets you know you have but can't find instructions for. Hope that helps!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
For now, my castle project, I put on hold until next month, as I want to buy some extra parts and plan to do a bit of a reramp of one of the buildings from the town set, in other words, I haven't done much, I have thoughts and ideas but its a matter of doing it, thou something I'm thinking of doing at some point, is sorting out my lego parts that are in two large plastic storage boxes, sort them into colour and general types, IE red block, yellow, white board, ETC........... and have them in bags that can be opened and closed easily and stay shut, that in its self is a large under taking, so its thoughts, ideas, stuff flowing around inside of my head, but the reason for my castle project delay, is down to money as much of my budget for this month has been put towards my other love, Transforming robots as I ordered some and have the legacy commander class coming/on its way and surpposely later this month, Tidalwave releases, thus things are on hold but there is no rush as its just a personal project!

Top Bottom