Leak of New Swapticons Gimmick Line

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
From the Front Page, Jtprime17 over on TFW has leaked listings for a new subline called Swapticons.

TRA SWAPTICONS OP ULTRA MAGNUS
Product Number: G1055
TRA SWAPTICONS MEG SHOCKWAVE
Product Number: G1056
TRA SWAPTICONS BB HOT ROD
Product Number: G1057
TRA SWAPTICONS GRIMLOCK SNARL
Product Number: G1058
TRA SWAPTICONS CHEETOR TIGATRON
Product Number: G1059
TRA SWAPTICONS STARSCREAM THUNDERCRACKER
Product Number: G1060
TRA SWAPTICONS NEMESIS PRIME CLENCH
Product Number: G1235
TRA SWAPTICONS SHADOW PANTHER RAVAGE
Product Number: G1236

TRA SWAPTICONS WILD JUNGLE MISSION 5PK
Product Number: G1341

Most of these pairs share an altmode in common (or at least, have very similar alt modes) (Optimus/Magnus, Starscream/Thundercracker, Cheetor/Tigatron, etc.). What do you think these are? Color changers? Some kind of triple changer similar to these old concepts:
dfb89c8359c7866cade36a53a9590b16.jpg

1712206187242-jpeg.20396

Or some sort of Construct-a-bot style figures with swapable parts?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The wiki's gonna have a fun time with Shadow Panther/Ravage.

I'm reminded of Auldey's Transracers toyline, where a truck will turn inside out on panels to turn into another truck.

But "swap" makes me think it'll be like Hero Mashers or something. Although the similar pairings must impact the toy more directly than that.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
They're all 2 robots that share the same alt mode.

My personal guess is a Figure that turns into that alt mode that can be customized some how to be either of the two robots.

-ZacWilliam, we shall see.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, like a base skeleton with common colors that can be outfitted with different kibble.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Part of me thinks it's too good to be true. I'm not going to see this insane shared alt mode concept finally produced. It'll be some Hero Mashers thing.

But I can't get past the conspicuous pairings of characters that could share an alt mode. There's no way they were dividing characters among a bunch of 2-packs and just accidentally did that. There has to be a reason. But why? Crash combiners didn't do this. Hero Mashers didn't do this, and would be rather boring if they did. If the gimmick is swappable parts, you'd want the 2-packs to be characters with wildly different parts, right?

A base skeleton with swappable parts to turn into one or the other is possible, but Transformers hasn't done anything close to that since Trans-Scanning, and those were hardly a successful experiment. And again, if the gimmick is swappable parts wouldn't you want them to be very different parts?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Whatever they are, I'm assuming that the Nemesis Prime/Clench is a repaint of Optimus/Magnus and Shadow Panther/Ravage is a repaint of Cheetor/Tigatron.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Could just call this thread the “2025 Gimmick Lines”, because JtPrime also came across listings for a line called ”Mixmashers” due later this year or early next year.

I’m thinking stuff like Swapticons and Mixmashers are being rolled out to compensate for no major media pushes next year.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Could just call this thread the “2025 Gimmick Lines”, because JtPrime also came across listings for a line called ”Mixmashers” due later this year or early next year.

I’m thinking stuff like Swapticons and Mixmashers are being rolled out to compensate for no major media pushes next year.
"Swapticons and Mixmashers and Gimmicks, Oh My!"

Top Bottom