League of Legends' Arcane on Netflix

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen

Two sisters. Two cities. One discovery that will change the world forever. In the cities of Piltover and Zaun, unrest stirs as inventors and thieves, politicians and crime lords chafe against the constraints of a society torn asunder.

I've never even had as much as an urge to pick up and play League of Legends, but after my interest was piqued by the visual style and animation techniques I decided to give Arcane it my regular '3-Episode Go'. If I decide to watch something I'll almost always give it three episodes to catch my interest. Arcane had me hooked after episode one, but after three episodes it has me wondering why we haven't been getting animation from Riot earlier. This show, the story, the characters and their emotions, are leagues better than 99% of the animated content out there, and that is coming from someone who loves animation. This show deserves awards for it's voice cast, for the lighting, for the character animators and for the cinematography. It is a triumph and in my opinion the best video-game related media release out there right now.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Yeah I have no familiarity with LoL, but this show is phenomenal.

Animation and direction remind me a lot of SpiderVerse. Which is probably the best compliment I can give something.

It's amazing how such a high quality animated series can exist for adults.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I saw a whole bunch of LoL ads with Jinx as the face man/lady. The wild hair, the laughing, the wanton firing of her huge artillery, I thought Jinx was their 'Harley' type character.

The show just makes her into the Joker instead. Wow.

I like Jayce's story more. Boo on that little furry guy doing gatekeeping stuff. Boo! (Unless it bites them in the butt later)

Kaon

Just finished this and wow.

I loved the fact that no matter what, Silco always loved his daughter for all her flaws. That was some great character work for the villain of the show.

God I am so sad now.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This show flew completely under my radar as I'm not familiar with the game at all.. but holy cow, it was amazing. I just binged the entire season in one day.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm up to ep7. I wanted to shake some sense into Vi and Powder cuz all they needed to do was communicate, ugh.

Still not done but I saw posts before about Vander being a werewolf. I kinda hope it's true.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Only just saw the last episode. I'm horrified at the fate of the side character in the 8th episode. Like, undeserved, ugh.

Would that we could have seen scenes of how Silco bonded with Jinx from when they met, just to know that it was genuine.

If only Jinx wasn't... Jinx. Dang.

Top Bottom