Japanese Transformers News

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Your best bet might be Miracle Action if you can find one for a price you can stomach. There's no perfect option here, but that one was genuinely made as a toy.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
EDIT: I do see a Good Smile Moderoid kit on HLJ for under $30 before shipping, but are those truly model kits? Or can they hold up to some play?
While I don't have that specific kit, I've handled other Moderoids. While articulated, they're very much model kits. They'll stand up to posing and some handling, but I wouldn't give it to a kid and expect it to survive.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Your best bet might be Miracle Action if you can find one for a price you can stomach. There's no perfect option here, but that one was genuinely made as a toy.

While I don't have that specific kit, I've handled other Moderoids. While articulated, they're very much model kits. They'll stand up to posing and some handling, but I wouldn't give it to a kid and expect it to survive.

Thanks for the input! Model kits are definitely not going to work (which is too bad, because HLJ has both the classic and 80s version). I'll probably have to prowl ebay for a while and see if I can't snag a Miracle Action for a reasonable price. Or get extremely lucky at a flea market.
Masterpiece Ginrai (Powermaster Prime) is coming out in December, 2024, and will cost ¥24,200, just for the cab alone.

I think Takara are fast pricing themselves out of the market as I'm sure the combined Supermode, plus Godbomber will easily be ¥60,000 - ¥80,000.

Ginrai is one of those characters I would be fine with at the Core scale. The cab robot would be easy enough to articulate, and I'm pretty sure the base trailer and Super Ginrai would be at least doable. The downsides are Godbomber might suffer, and the Hi-Q/Ginrai Powermaster would probably have to be off the table, or a non-transforming accessory at best. Honestly, with rising costs, static or shrinking wages, and space constraints, the only reason I even collect Deluxe Class any more is they do the retooling at that scale for obscure characters that Core class doesn't have the support for (and SS Core Ironhide and Ratchet prove that it CAN be done to some extent, at least).

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The downsides are Godbomber might suffer

I doubt it. Kabaya Godbomber is a major improvement over the original toy, and the Ginrai it's designed for is Smallest Transformers scale. So a set built around a Core Ginrai cab could be phenomenal. I would buy it.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I doubt it. Kabaya Godbomber is a major improvement over the original toy, and the Ginrai it's designed for is Smallest Transformers scale. So a set built around a Core Ginrai cab could be phenomenal. I would buy it.

I have Kabaya Overlord, Buster, and Hydra, and they are good; I imagine what they would be like as Core Transformers, and I could really go for all the Masterforce cast at Core scale.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
MPG-09 Super Ginrai

Trailer? YES!

46200 yen = ~$305
giphy.gif

So…the great question then becomes…
Do I commit to the $300 Masterpiece Powermaster Optimus Prime…OR…wait and roll the dice that the mainline team will get around to him in a more economical Commander release? Although, Omega Prime has set a precedent in large Optimus releases being relegated to HasLab, where the price be comparable, but likely less fidgety and likely including a Godbomber with Titanmaster compatibility.

Entertainment Earth has strong hints that April 4 will feature a Transformers drop, but April 19 is leaning pretty heavy on the “prime” angle.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I wonder... at this point could they do a reissue of the Star Saber MP, then release a MPG Victory Leo to finally complete that version, or would they not see it as worthwhile because of the Haslab?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I haven't bought nor have had any interest in getting MPs for a good while now since we've long been at the point where the mass retail toys are 'good enough' for me not want to drop the cash on an MP. (Excepting for characters that don't have mainline figures, like the Trainbots)

But the Masterforce-obsessed part of my autistic mind is SCREAMING at me to get this.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
For comparison also, MP-24 Star Saber was $150 or so in 2017, so this is around twice the price 7 years later. (Thought it was more, so looked it up to check.)

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Convention and comic news today.

52429__scaled_800.jpg

40th Anniversary Transformers Exhibition [Official]
@TF_40TH_EXPO
This is the official account for the "40th Anniversary Transformers Exhibition" which will be held starting from May 2024 at the Osaka venue.
We will continue to provide the latest information regarding this exhibition.
We do not respond to individual questions.

Summary of the event​

Osaka venues​

Events
Umeda Loft 4th floor event space
Conference
May 10, 2024 (Fri) - June 3 (Mon)
Opening time
11:00~21:00
  • The final day is closed at 18:00.
  • Entrance is until half an hour before closing

Mitoko​

Exhibition for first time in 10 years'40th Anniversary Transformer Exhibition' It starts on May 10, 2024, starting with Osaka. "Fighting First". Super Robot Lifeformers. It features an exhibition of successive series toys that can feel 40 years of history, including the characters that appear in the film, as well as an exhibition that enjoys commentary panels and videos of successive films.
"SS-EX Bumblebee Yellow Clear Ver." We also sell events commemorative goods.

Ticket information​

Osaka venues​

Pre-sale tickets​

Price
  • General 1,200 yen (tax included)
  • 800 yen for elementary and junior high school students (tax included)
* free school children
Sales period
"May 9 (Thursday)".
How to buy
Careful matters
  • There is no sale of daily tickets.
  • I'll show you your entrance at Umeda Loft HP X (former Twitter).
  • Entrance will be up to half an hour before closing.
  • Reentry will be impossible.
  • Each ticket is open to one ticket (the ticket is valid only once per ticket).

Tickets on the day​

Price
  • Generally, 1,600 yen (tax included)
  • 1,000 yen for elementary and junior high school students (tax included)
* free school children
Sales period
May 10, 2024 (Fri) - June 3 (Mon)
How to buy
Careful matters

• There is no sale of daily tickets.
  • I'll show you your entrance at Umeda Loft HP X (former Twitter).
  • Entrance will be up to half an hour before closing.
  • Reentry will be impossible.
  • Each ticket is open to one ticket (the ticket is valid only once per ticket).
(Source:
- https://twitter.com/TF_40TH_EXPO
- https://hakabanogarou.jp/transformers40th )

Limited edition event toy.
1712748355216.jpg

Also...

Transformers Classics Vol 7 GI Joe and Transformers Cover by Nanpei Kaneko__scaled_800.jpg

Good evening! The cover of "Transformers Classics VOL.7", which includes the legendary crossover "G.I. Joe and the Transformers", is unveiled for the first time in the whole universe! ! Newly drawn illustrations by Nanpei Kaneko ( @nampeikaneko )! ! Released on April 25th!

(Source: - )

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Transformers x BINGO Sports
keyvisual_6337.jpg

To commemorate the 40th anniversary, "BINGO SPORTS" collaboration
"Transformers" participate in the race!

In collaboration with BINGO SPORTS, which treats the world's famous cars as art and develops a business to pass on cultural and artistic resources to the next generation, a racing car designed by Optimus Prime was created by scanning the Corvette C7 GT3-R (*) by Optimus.

This collaboration racing car has also been decided to participate in the Japan Cup (Fanatec GT World Challenge Asia Powered by AWS). In addition, the pit interior, pit crew uniforms, transporter, etc. will be made to look like Transformers. We also plan to release the BINGO SPORTS Optimus Prime, a transformer with a racing car design that actually runs, and a collaboration PV.

In TV anime and movies, Transformers are set to scan and transform vehicles on Earth.

2024 will be a special season for BINGO SPORTS and Callaway Competition, collaborating with “Transformers” which is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
Last year, at the FUJI round of GT World Challenge Asia, the C7 GT3-R achieved its first win in the world in a race sponsored by SRO.

However, the crash that occurred the next day was treated as a more sensational topic and will remain in many people's memories.

We have been competing with the C7 GT3-R since our participation in the SUZUKA 10 Hours in 2018. The damage was so great that it made me wonder if I would ever be able to race again.

After five years of fighting together, I was filled with the feeling that it would be different if we ended up floating in the air. I want to participate in the race again. In order to do that, I have to fix the car... Can it be fixed from the outside? Can it be revived? I heard many voices like that.

https://www.youtube.com/live/9_oDIMac7YA?si=lbsl6gS3rn076oNL

A collaboration with "Transformers" was decided to encourage such feelings. What I remember as a child is the image of Optimus Prime fighting against evil and the friends who support him. I remembered the days when I looked forward to seeing him stand up again, no matter how hurt or defeated he was, and how he would finally move one step closer to victory.

The collaboration with "Transformers", which taught us the importance of standing up again, makes us think that even the accident in 2023 was meant to be part of a well-written story.
``We have to stop flying.First of all, we have to finish the race,'' says Takei, the representative and driver, in a humble and joking manner. But deep in his eyes, he wasn't smiling.

If I'm going to do this, I want to win.

The team is also filled with this feeling of ``winning by doing what we do.''

Speaking of greed, I want to be part of a team that is loved. This is because, as a witness to this story, I want to share the victory with as many people as possible. There are only a few days left until the day when we can share the stories we have created with the C7 GT3-R and create unforgettable memories.

A racing car with a design inspired by Optimus Prime is born!

A car wearing a red and blue fire pattern runs through the racetrack!

<Race participation (planned)>
Participate in a total of 4 circuits!

June 8th (Sat) - 9th (Sun), 2024
Sportsland SUGO (Shibata District, Miyagi Prefecture)

June 22nd (Sat) - 23rd (Sun), 2024
Fuji Speedway (Sunto District, Shizuoka Prefecture)

July 6th (Saturday) to July 7th (Sunday), 2024
Suzuka Circuit (Suzuka City, Mie Prefecture)

Saturday, August 24th to Sunday, August 25th, 2024
Okayama International Circuit (Mimasaka City, Okayama Prefecture)

Product information
Product name: - Transformers "BINGO SPORTS Optimus Prime"

Release date: Scheduled to be released in winter 2024

Reservation acceptance starts: Early summer 2024
Suggested retail price: TBA

Target age: 8 years old and above
© TOMY
(2024 Paramount Pictures Corporation.
All Rights Reserved. TM & ® denote Japan Trademarks.)

(Source: - https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/tf40th/bingo-sports/ )

img_agein_73452.png

img_Racing-Suitt.png

img_product_9772.png

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Also, the upcoming Transformers event in Osaka has ticket prices, ordering info etc and this info has been added an updated post above here.

Top Bottom