Japanese "Fan Mook" Just Released?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I just picked up a "fan mook", which is very similar to the "TV Boy/Magazine" books that sometimes had a free, Legends class TF toy in them. In this "mook", they have two free TFs (G1 Optimus Prime and a black and yellow Bayverse Bumblebee).

I've included a photo of the cover, and I'm happy to take better pictures later, if anyone is interested. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, so maybe it's slipped under the radar?

IMG_20211224_185012.jpg

Arvegtor

Citizen
It was released back in late July, but I personally haven't seen any good images of the mook online. From video reviews I know that pages 2-6 contain a special issue of "Transformers Go! Go!" manga, and that's something I'd definitely like to have well represented.
Kodansha's page about the book

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It was released back in late July, but I personally haven't seen any good images of the mook online. From video reviews I know that pages 2-6 contain a special issue of "Transformers Go! Go!" manga, and that's something I'd definitely like to have well represented.
Kodansha's page about the book
Cheers for the info. I'll try to do some photo scans ASAP. Most of the book is basically puzzles and other fluff, using stock photos of the toys. It's akin to a catalogue of toy photos, presented in slightly different ways on each page. The comic, at the front of the mook, plus the toys, are the only redeeming features.

Arvegtor

Citizen
Cheers for the info. I'll try to do some photo scans ASAP. Most of the book is basically puzzles and other fluff, using stock photos of the toys. It's akin to a catalogue of toy photos, presented in slightly different ways on each page. The comic, at the front of the mook, plus the toys, are the only redeeming features.
At least it's better than the previous 2 mooks in the series ("Transformers Fanbook" and "Transformers Fanbook 2020", they release them once a year), since those had nothing but puzzles and toys.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
At least it's better than the previous 2 mooks in the series ("Transformers Fanbook" and "Transformers Fanbook 2020", they release them once a year), since those had nothing but puzzles and toys.
That's basically what this mook is too.

Top Bottom