Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Teufel

Citizen
Why a city council would be weighing in on a ceasefire aside, a collection of psychopaths lined up in Oakland to call Hamas the legitimate resistance of the Palestinians, proclaim that to condemn Hamas was racist, and claimed the massacre of Jews on 10/7 is a false narrative because ahktually Israel killed them.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Why a city council would be weighing in on a ceasefire aside, a collection of psychopaths lined up in Oakland to call Hamas the legitimate resistance of the Palestinians, proclaim that to condemn Hamas was racist, and claimed the massacre of Jews on 10/7 is a false narrative because ahktually Israel killed them.

I don't agree with what little I could sit through and listen to in that video, but the bit about "beheading babies" has been fact checked:

- https://www.politifact.com/article/2023/nov/21/israel-hamas-war-what-we-know-about-beheaded-babie/

MrBlud

Citizen
I’d assume no one there is sociopathic enough to just let people die.

That’s also why I never bought the “FDR let Pearl Harbor happen” conspiracy. The attack *itself* is casus belli, why put yourself at a disadvantage with a wrecked navy or a thousand dead civilians when you could mitigate any of it?

Thylacine 2000

Citizen
Is it an oops or is it a "ah good we will have justification then"
Definitely not the latter. This has annihilated everything Netanyahu ever worked for, erased what that egomaniac so much wanted his legacy to be. He looks terrible and has aged 10 years in a month. With Israel's zealous obsession with safety and pre-empting foreign attack, I guarantee you there is no one at any level of society who would have sat back and allowed it. This was the first time they had leaders stupid enough to enable it. Netanyahu was kept out of prison by getting Ben-Gvir elected, Ben-Gvir demanded to be police minister, he then told his violent racist settler cultist friends that they could commit hate crimes against Palestinians in the West Bank and not be punished for it, the subsequent race riots needed the army to break them up, there were 32 IDF battalions relocated to the West Bank and only 2 around Gaza.

9/11 was possible because George W. Bush was a garbage-dumb Young Earth Creationist junkie failson who had never had a real job and just last-named his way through life. The conspiracy theories are more appealing than confronting how utterly stupid and incompetent our leaders - and our societies - can be.

Teufel

Citizen
Plus there is a historical example in Israel of what happens when the enemy surprises you, causes massive damage, and you fight them back and win. It's Golda Meir, and she and her entire cabinet ended up resigning because victory didn't erase the initial calamity. No one's looking at that and saying "Yes, that would be a useful template for a false flag." Not to mention with the insanely lopsided deals Israel historically agrees to to get their hostages and prisoners of war back, no government would think creating a situation where hundreds of hostages could be taken would be to their benefit.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I bet the vast majority of Israel's critics also would have dismissed Hamas' plan as not remotely credible.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I don't think anyone seriously misunderstood her statement to mean the money was literally going into Bibi's personal bank account.

Are you saying that he and Likud have no control over how that money gets spent?

Top Bottom