If Hasbro were to reissue the G1 Citybots as Titan Class figures, would you get one?

Would you G1 city bot reissues at the Titan price point?

• Total voters

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All the talk about Fortress Maximus in the RID2001 thread has got me thinking. If Hasbro were to release reissues of the G1 city bots, like Metroplex, Trypticon, Fortress Maximus, and Scorponok as the yearly titan class figure for $200, would you get one?

Dake

Citizen
Metroplex is tiny compared to the others, so I wouldn't pay $200 for him. I have the Encore Reissue Fort Max and the reissue Trypticon, so don't need them. So that leaves just Scorponok for me which - sure. That being said, BBTS sold Fort Max for $399 back in 2012 (though of course it was imported) and Platinum Edition Trypticon was about $180 in 2015, so it's highly unlikely they'd only be $200 now.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
As straight reissues of the original toys? No way. Even assuming they could pass modern US safety testing for release in the first place (and at least Fort Max doesn't), they're not worth that price to me.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That would be way too expensive I think for a direct re-issue of the G1 toys. I remember they did reissue Trypticon back around the time the new TR Trypticon came out and he wasn't much off that $200 price tag. I thought it was way too much at the time, and I still feel that way.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I don't think that I would be interested in paying current Titan-class prices for vintage, mostly-non-Titan sized G1 toys. I've got the G1 stuff already, and would be much more likely to buy modern updates of Metroplex and Fort Max. I'm good with Titans Trypticon and Scorponok though, as I think that they (along with Omega Supreme) are some of the best examples of modern Titans done right.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
All the talk about Fortress Maximus in the RID2001 thread has got me thinking. If Hasbro were to release reissues of the G1 city bots, like Metroplex, Trypticon, Fortress Maximus, and Scorponok as the yearly titan class figure for $200, would you get one?
I'd be shocked if those old G1 molds could be released as cheaply as $200 these days. So, yeah, I'd likely get G1 Scorponok at that price (I already have the others).

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Even assuming they could pass modern US safety testing for release in the first place (and at least Fort Max doesn't),
I am wondering whether or not the often rumored Drop test was an issue or an excuse given the shape of FAO Schwartz at the time (the retailer that was supposed to get RID Fort Max).

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Only Titan I've bought is Trypticon, and only because I found him for $50 at a Ross store (thanks to the awesome Mrs. Haywire!). No way I can justify $200 for any Transformer at this stage of my life.

I like the idea of reissues of the city Bots, especially the odd variants like Black Zarak, Brave Max, and BW2 Gigastorm, but the stark reality is that I just don't have the budget for it.

Now, reissues of the Guardian Command Center, Renegade Thruster, or Gobotron Fortress, those I would have to seriously consider, but might have to sell less important parts of my collection to make it happen.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
While I have some titan class bots, reissues of the G1 figures, I would pass upon, but if they were to take the G1 desgins and bring them to modren standards, then I might consider them, after that, it depend upon price and how well they are done

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I can't imagine that, if Hasbro decided to back out of a deal with FAO Schwartz because of the lack of health in that company, the "drop test" would be the excuse they'd give us.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I probably wouldn't bother with reissues of the G1 citybots. Nothing against them, but I'm simply not interested, especially in light of more modern versions.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What I want are mini citybots. I don't want one huge citybot as a centerpiece. I'd rather have all the citybots in a display that doesn't take up the entire room.

Plus Titans exist. These characters don't need to locked into that size and only that size forever. Every other character is allowed to get toys in whatever size.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
honestly, no. the reissue line hasn't really wowed me ... I got Pink Hotrod because that's just hilarious... but Canadian prices for these things is kinda dumb, so I'm not at all interested in a 400 dollar Metroplex.

MrBlud

Citizen
I’d pay $250 for a Grand Max or Brave Max reissue.

*Maybe* $150 for a Metrotitan

Other than that? Nah bro

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have reissue Metroplex already, and can't imagine getting much more out of the G1 versions of Trypticon and Scorponok than I've gotten with the newer versions, other than a few accessories. (Wait, did they release the little guns and satellite dishes for Titan Trypticon?)

Fort/Brave Max, on the other hand? Abso-frickin'-lutely. But, as noted...

Top Bottom