IDW Unicorn of Odd #2

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Previously, on My Little Pony...
crushed_hooves.png

"Now, wait just a second! There's no way for you to prove that body wasn't already there before my house crashed on top of it! Why you can't even prove there's a whole BODY under this house! I bet those legs have been there for YEARS!"

Now, we're just gonna trot on down, trot on down, trot on down the roaaad.
STL282578.jpg

So, how was it?

Well, unfortunately, again, circumstances prevent me from getting to the comic shop. Still, the threads up for anyone else who wants to talk about it.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I managed to get to the comic shop today!

So, yeah, this is still good. Fun dialogue and writing, and the art is still "solid" in my book even if it takes some getting used to. They're still following the story of the Wizard of Oz, but there's JUST enough tongue in cheek humor to keep me interested. If the last issue didn't win you over, I don't think this issue would change your mind. But, I still think this is a surprisingly fun comic. I recommend it.

"Dorothy learned something very important: Not having a brain does not stop someone from talking" *SNERK* Okay, fair enough with Pinkie/Scarecrow.

Although, Pinkie/Scarecrow DOES make a fair point about why you would even WANT to go back to Kansas, if it's so grey and boring and miserable.

Also, Maud exists in this universe...and she's just a rock! I bet she's pretty content, all things considered.

"Oh, you fell on the meaty bit where you put food!" I kind of like the running gag of Pinkie/Scarecrow not knowing what flesh-parts are called.

And then they end up spending the night in a abandoned hut in the woods, with Wnona/Toto barking at every shadow and Pinkie/Scarecrow doing...STUFF! Since she doesn't have to sleep, you see. Winona/Toto really doesn't add much to the story, does she? Oh, well, at least we get a few cute moments with her in the comic.

We then run across Rarity/Tin Woodsman. And...she immediately gets into a fight with the Narrator, because she isn't doing her justice with her narration. And Rarity takes over the narration for a page. It's a fun gag.

And, of course, Rarity/Tin asks if the Unicorn of Odd is single. Always a one track mind with that girl.

Suri Polomare shows up in Rarity's flashback. It's a fun callback! I don't know why this version of Luna/Witch of the East agreed to curse the axe, though.

And they DO keep the origin from the book, with a cursed axe chopping off her limbs one at a time...which the editor won't let us see (BOO!).

To be fair, we DO get a panel of Rarity/Tin going a bit...axe crazy while she cuts up some foliage. She's a little unhinged...I dig it!

And then we come across Fluttershy/Cowardly Lion and...OH GEEZ! The comic is trying to kill us with the cuteness!

"Yay!" She's working her CUTENESS on me, man! Her irresistible CUTENESS! Stop it!

Winona/Toto sleeping on Fluttershy/Lion's back is ALSO disgustingly cute.

Pinkie/Scarecrow shows us that she actually DOES have brains already, by coming up with a pretty decent plan to cross a gorge.

Oh, and now they're being attacked by Kalidahs/Diamond Dogs! If you've never read the book, they're tiger/bear hybrids. So, we end on a unexpected cliffhanger, if you've never read the books.

Still no sign of the Wicked Witch of the West/Chrysalis. She came pretty late into the original book, too, but it just feels weird, having seen the movie so many times.

Last edited:

Top Bottom