I know that brand, but isn't the name wrong? The weird world of international branding

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Bigger brand? It wasn't a secondary title? Naming laws are wantonly inconsistent and poorly implemented in the first place?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The fact that Star Wars isn't a TV show and Beast Wars was probably had something to do with it too, probably some weird 'Well we can't promote war in children's cartoons' regulation Canada had or has.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Then why did the rule that kids content can't have the word wars in the name effect beast wars? Star Wars was targeted at kids around that time.
True, but there was no animated series in the 1990s (Nelvana's "Droids" and "Ewoks" cartoons circa 1985 got around any issues by having the Star Wars brand as an umbrella title, and as for the 2003 Clone Wars Shorts -- I can't honestly recall if they were on YTV or not, but by then Lucasfilm likely had enough clout to insist on avoiding Brand Confusion). Most Star Wars Expanded Universe Media would have been books and comics, and the Rules Are Different there.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Is best foods a grocery store? A grocery store my family goes to alot is just called County Market.
I doubt it. I was using the term "store brand" in the more general sense of "generic brand", but even generic brands that are exclusive to one store chain or another sometimes have their own name instead of using the chain's name—Walmart's is called Great Value, for example.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Provigo's store brand is literally "no name". It's kind of hilarious, cause all the packaging across the no name line is ******* identical, and there's no exaggeration or flourish in content description. Cheap as hell but surprisingly high quality.

Top Bottom