I am trying to get these super glue stains off of my Vintage G1 Walmart reissue Optimus Prime.

G1Transformersfanhere!59

Citizen
Hello my name is Andrew Schmitt.

I know I am new to this forum but I need some help… Just Saturday last week I was trying to get the autobot symbol on the right of my 2018 Vintage G1 Walmart reissue Optimus Prime I got for Christmas 2022 to stop peeling off I tried looking for glue in my house but I found some super glue… I tried using putting it on the part where the autobot symbol was coming off but I got some stains on the shoulder of the arm and the stick itself. It looked ugly to me and I couldn’t look at my G1 Optimus Prime that way with the super glue stains so I tried to rub the stains with rubbing alcohol to get it off and again but the residue just stayed there, I tried using goo gone but it didn’t work and I tried to scape it off with my razor blades but that would just ruin the plastic material on the robot. I just thought I would get some Goof Off super glue remover, just Yesterday I tried to get the glue stains off but it didn’t remove the stain, and it just made Optimus’s right arm look worse and I tried again but it even made it more worse. I got some goof off stains on the right back of the cab where his right arm is connected too and I got some stains in the inside where the “C and E” letters are… I tried removing the stains with Clorox wipes, goo gone and and running it with hot water but the stains were still there…. *Sigh*….. I tried everything but cleaning stuff I have does not seem to work…

Do you have any solution to get the stains off?

If everything else fails I am gonna have to resort to go looking for 2018 Vintage G1 Walmart reissue Optimus Prime right donor parts and stickers on the internet along with the missing Optimus Prime G1 trailer which didn’t come with the 2018 reissue…
31EA1E67-2A2C-41E2-BD5F-7A11C0181795.jpeg
644EAF2A-CE33-420E-AAE1-0A1B30AB9C85.jpeg

Dake

Citizen
I think you may be SOL. Superglue is (by nature) pretty unforgiving and anything that might remove it will almost certainly damage the plastic underneath. Just say it's battle damage and call it a day.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
If you were feeling adventurous, you could test a tiny dab of Goo Gone on a corner area. But Yeah, I would suggest finding a junker Prime and swapping out the part that you need.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Yeah, those aren't stains or residue stuck to the plastic, that's what the plastic itself looks like now. You're not getting rid of it without some fine grit sandpaper. In the future, for stickers you should look up something called tacky glue.

Top Bottom