Haslab Unicron Appreciation Threads

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If people really wanna see what it looks like that badly, I can try to get it set back up and take pics of it tomorrow.

By "it" I mean HasLab Unicron wearing Megatron Megabolt as a head.

Just keep pestering me about it until I do.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I just tried out something with my Unicron.

I took a few random large Headmaster heads and placed each of them on top of Unicron's body, in lieu of Unicron's own noggin. The heads of Titan class Scorponok, Titan class Grand Maximus (TR Fort Max mold), and Car Robots Brave Maximus (G1 Fort Max mold) all just sit very loosely on Uncron's body, as expected.

BUT, the Robots in Disguise 2001 Megatron Megabolt mold (the one based on Beast Machines Megatron's big floating head) actually sits rather snuggly on Unicron's body. I tried it both with and without the spider legs, and the legs actually help to secure it in place! The rear legs rotated upward line up rather well with Unicron's collar, the middle legs rotated to point backward wrap around the collar's front edges, and the front legs just rest on the top of Unicron's chest.

This means that one of (if not the) most accomplished Megatrons ever has a toy that can actually interact with the Unicron toy in a somewhat decent fit, allowing him to appear to possess Unicron's body, yeeeeesss.
And here we go, along with some Beast Machines Megatron quotes to set the mood:

"I have mastered the secrets of [Unicron], and now, no force in the universe can prevent my ascension!"

"I alone will rule all Transformers, past, present, and future!"

"My great ascension is finally complete! YEEESSS!!!"

"Now, I alone control the fate of Cybertron!!!"

Attachments

• 20230125_163602.jpg
    20230125_163602.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 20230125_162102.jpg
    20230125_162102.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20230125_162039.jpg
    20230125_162039.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230125_162242.jpg
    20230125_162242.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230125_162259.jpg
    20230125_162259.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230125_162325.jpg
    20230125_162325.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20230125_162450.jpg
    20230125_162450.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 72

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Megatron did basically build himself a Titan-sized Headmaster control unit.

Maybe he was planning to build a body that made of drones that form his titan sized body and use that to turn other worlds into what he deems prefection, with him as the unopposed ruler?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Maybe he was planning to build a body that made of drones that form his titan sized body and use that to turn other worlds into what he deems prefection, with him as the unopposed ruler?
If you watched the show, then there's no need to speculate on what his ultimate plan was. We saw it nearly come to fruition in the finale.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
If you watched the show, then there's no need to speculate on what his ultimate plan was. We saw it nearly come to fruition in the finale.

Yeah but when all of his foes were out of the way, he would likely become bored and turn his attention to other worlds, he would pose the biggest threat to the universe since the days of the Decepticons and Unicron!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Better late than never, Thew has finally done a review of HasLab Unicron (and other Unicron toys before and after it):

Dake

Citizen
As usual, he does a great job of striking to the heart. :D That being said, I remain far more philosophical about it. I never bought Unicron to convert him. He was always a display piece and the knowledge that he can convert is sufficient. Bigger isn't always better, but it is still bigger, and I don't regret him.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
My take away is, "-But OTHER than..um...that...he seems fine!"

I think it's just different people go for different things. I kept my old Armada Unicron because of a mix of space and funds, but someone in a different situation would probably have a great time with the new one. If something's not in your price range and you do it anyway (which appears to the the case there), you can expect to have some problems and backlash.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I still have my Armada and I'm entirely happy with it. It's huge and heavy but not past the point for it to still feel like a toy.

Lobjob

Citizen
The new unicron is big and cool but the Armada mold will always warm my heart. The one i display is the Takara 2010 version. Its my movie Unicron. The new one is big and impressive, I just wish its robot mode back was more streamlined.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I love the various versions of Armada Unicron. I decided to keep the Takra 2010 deco because I just love what they did with that figure. *Chef's kiss*
That said, I really appreciate HasLab's Unicron. It's just flat out impressive. It's nice that he can achieve his planet mode (and spectacularly well, IMO), but mine will remain in robot mode, 'cause it looks so cool.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I considered "upgrading" to some version of the G1 themed remold, but never could do it.

One thing I like about Armada is the clear plastic. I'm not normally a fan of the stuff, but in this case it's a bit of a clever cheat. At a quick glance it makes Armada Unicron's surface look more detailed than it actually is. It helps sell the supposed gigantic scale of it.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Clear plastic when used well can be amazing, especially when painted underneath like Armadacron's chest. The original BW Inferno is another good example.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Clear plastic when used well can be amazing, especially when painted underneath like Armadacron's chest. The original BW Inferno is another good example.

I think at times it depends upon the tickness of the plassic and of course, how its incoperated into the toy, Armada Unicron, I never had a problem with the clear plasic on him, thou these days the Armada verison is up in the roof in storage with a lot of other junk!

Top Bottom