Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Thread

jonfromtheIRS

only person to ever like ReLoad by Metallica
Citizen
Noticed this wasnt a thing that existed yet and figured hey that could be cool, so here we are.
Note this includes basically any game that falls under the general idea of rhytm games based arround guitar like things. From Rocksmith to Power GiG, if it has a funny guitar of sorts you play songs with, its fair game.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We went to an Arcade for Fathers day, and they had the Guitar Hero 1 arcade machine. I forgot how much fun that game is. My middle child really wanted to play it, so I might have to get her a copy for her birthday this month.

I remember years ago, playing Rockband with my Dad. He really enjoyed playing the drums, and we set it on easy mode for him, and he had a blast! That game was certainly a fun one and one that rocked parties in my late 20s early 30s. I hate that I gave away all my instruments years ago. Even got rid of the drummer stool I had.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
They were fun for a time. But Guitar Hero kept releasing a new game one right after another. GH 3, GH Metallica, GH World tour, GH Aerosmith...these were all in quick succession. They over saturated their own market.

Also...
IMG_2536.jpeg

You assume too much.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Reload had three really good singles on it. Fuel is a great song whether your are driving fast, going to the gym, or just want to rock out.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They were fun for a time. But Guitar Hero kept releasing a new game one right after another. GH 3, GH Metallica, GH World tour, GH Aerosmith...these were all in quick succession. They over saturated their own market.

Yeah, they did release a lot of spin offs that should have just been song packs. Like did Green Day really deserve its own game? You can argue Metallica, the Beatles, and maybe even Aerosmith, but to be honest, they should have just been DLC. If they would have done that, then the other games would have been more spread out. Did they get to GH5? I stopped at WT and RB2.

jonfromtheIRS

Citizen
We went to an Arcade for Fathers day, and they had the Guitar Hero 1 arcade machine. I forgot how much fun that game is. My middle child really wanted to play it, so I might have to get her a copy for her birthday this month.

I remember years ago, playing Rockband with my Dad. He really enjoyed playing the drums, and we set it on easy mode for him, and he had a blast! That game was certainly a fun one and one that rocked parties in my late 20s early 30s. I hate that I gave away all my instruments years ago. Even got rid of the drummer stool I had.
GH1 is the hardest engine out of all the guitar hero games but its still a blast tbh

and as for instruments aslong as theyre ps2 ones theyre usually not too expensive
the guitar hero SGs are speceffically extremely easy to get and really good

jonfromtheIRS

Citizen
Reload had three really good singles on it. Fuel is a great song whether your are driving fast, going to the gym, or just want to rock out.
Honestly theres a lot of songs on ReLoad that i love. It does have it's duds, (Slither and Attitude i speceffically dislike) but when theres tracks like Low Mans Lyric, The Unforgiven II, and Fixxxer, it's easy for me to accept the like 4 or 5 not as good tracks.

jonfromtheIRS

Citizen
Oversaturation was the big killer but considoring the ones that bought guitar hero were EA, kind of expected sadly.
I'd also say the slow decline of setlist quality played an effect too.

GH Metallica is missing a few staples of the band and really coulda done with a LOT more Load to St. Anger era songs. (seriously theres 4 or 5 songs total from the three albums combined and none of them are The Outlaw Torn)

GH Smash Hits also both had too many songs from more recent games, but was also missing songs that really shoulda been in the game like Jordan from GH2. (theres also only one song from Aerosmith and no bonus songs)

And i've not heard good about the setlists for a lot of the other later ones either namely Aerosmith, GH5 and Band Hero.

Top Bottom