Gobots and Machine Robo News & Discussion

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Whenever I see a really weird or interesting TFing toy I feel like I need to draw it in an attempt to understand it. So I was doing this the last two days:

View attachment 6989

Shark Vendor.png

Enjoy!

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Huh. I drew them (see above) without ever realizing the eyes were musical notes.

-ZacWilliam, between that and the "equalizer" stickers there's definitely a music/sound motif here I didn't notice...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Huh. I drew them (see above) without ever realizing the eyes were musical notes.

-ZacWilliam, between that and the "equalizer" stickers there's definitely a music/sound motif here I didn't notice...

Yes. The lobster bot also has graphical equalisers, as does the burger bot. Peaugh also mentioned that the Burgerbot has musical notes for eyes in the review below, I think.

The official "trailer" for Uniroborn shows that the robots are created by musical robotic aliens:

-

The official site is here:

- https://toy.bandai.co.jp/series/en_unitroborn/

Last edited:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
From BBTS' product description for the UTA-ZO figure:

"UTA-ZO brings Unitrobos to life by combining everyday objects through its transformation song! Press the A button on its headphones to make it sing the song for the separately sold Unitrobo Applelobster. The B button plays the character’s voice. You can enjoy the song whenever and wherever you like!

For even more fun, pair UTA-ZO with other separately sold Unitrobos.

Product Features
Plays a transformation song and the character's voice"

The promo video would seem to indicate there are many different kinds of the UTA-ZO creatures, and this description kind of indicates that the song the red one plays is intended for the AppleLobster. So, I wonder if there is a specific song for each Robo? There is certainly a musical motif across most, if not all, of the figures.

It looks like a wild direction for Machine Robo, at least, and I can't wait to get my hands on some of the figures!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It looks like a wild direction for Machine Robo, at least, and I can't wait to get my hands on some of the figures!

It does! I have to admit that, in a moment of weakness, I preordered Shark Vending Machine. A man can only hold out for so long.

Haywire

Citizen
Unitroborn is continuing the dinosaur mashups:

And the next Megahouse offering is up: Bike Robo!
Looks like it might take a page from the original DX BikeRobo for storing the engine. Also, I really feel like a CyKill head would fit this figure better than the Action Toys figures.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The next Megahouse offering is Bike Robo
Looks like it might take a page from the original DX BikeRobo for storing the engine. Also, I really feel like a CyKill head would fit this figure better than the Action Toys figures.
I'm a little confused. I thought another company has already recently(ish) released Machine Robo toys as new toys? I remember that their regular Leader 1 and Cykill figures were a bit crap, so I didn't bother with any of them.

How is this one? Does it come with a "Cykill" or any other different faces? The regular one looks too "young" for me. How's the size?

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It looks like the engine is on the back of the robot mode in the pic. Not sure how it gets there, there's no obvious point of movement, but if so, it would be a similar look to the original DX Bike Robo, where the engine (and wheels) rotated around the body to the back of the torso for robot mode.
Oh, that setup. Okay, gotcha. Without the wheels and everything else moving, I didn't really see a resemblance.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I'm a little confused. I thought another company has already recently(ish) released Machine Robo toys as new toys? I remember that their regular Leader 1 and Cykill figures were a bit crap, so I didn't bother with any of them.

How is this one? Does it come with a "Cykill" or any other different faces? The regular one looks too "young" for me. How's the size?

There was/is another company called Action Toys that released a slew of Machine Robo figures over the past 6-or-so (probably more) years. Some were good, some weren't. Not sure what is going on with them these days, but Megahouse is doing this one. I've owned one of their past figures and while neat, it felt like less of a transformable toy and more of a display piece. Still, I can't be mad at any company taking the Machine Robo plunge, so we'll see how this turns out.

Haywire

Citizen

Earlier in the year, BBTS listed a Drill Robo from Megahouse. It's slated for release in early 2023, so I don't think anyone has one yet to comment on the quality. As far as I know, this was the first anyone knew that someone other than Action Toys was doing Machine Robo.

As far as extras, it seems like they come with extra hand options, but no heads.

Haywire

Citizen
So, Battle Hackers has been out for a bit. Has anyone else watched it yet? I admit, I only got a couple episodes in, as I was right in the middle of a different binge-watch when it arrived, but it looks fun! Very energetic, and the badguys so far seem a little cooler than the ones in Cronos. The subtitles don't always play nice on my machine, but it's fun to finally see this series!

In other news, I finally got a couple Unitroborn to play with: Tree Rex and Quick-Byte (SharkVendingMachine). They are...interesting. I don't regret picking them up (the 4-year old loves them!), but I'm also glad I'm not going for completion on these. They are a cool little oddity, and I have a couple more on preorder, but I'm not sold on the value for the money on the bigger ones.

There has been a couple new preorders on BBTS for Unitroborn and the Megahouse MR series is putting up orders for Blue Jet now, probably worth checking your toy supplier of choice.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
In other news, I finally got a couple Unitroborn to play with: Tree Rex and Quick-Byte (SharkVendingMachine). They are...interesting. I don't regret picking them up (the 4-year old loves them!), but I'm also glad I'm not going for completion on these. They are a cool little oddity, and I have a couple more on preorder, but I'm not sold on the value for the money on the bigger ones.

Agreed, I bought the SharkVendingMachine just to try them out. It's a fun little weird thing that I enjoy, but I don't feel a burning need to run out and buy more of them. Maybe if they were about half of the current price, but as is, they're just a bit too expensive to buy on a lark.

That said, the new 3-part Steamshovel/Treasure Chest/Dog in a Sweater is pretty amazing looking:
shoveltreasuredog.jpg

Top Bottom