Gaming and idle clickers...

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Alright, so... I'm "playing" the perfect tower 2, actually as I type this. I'm just grinding resources, so it's on endless using my maxed modules (you all can get the game free on steam, so if'n you want to try it, you can.) and it's just... running.

I want it to run, I want to build the in game resources to buy upgrades, so I can try the next world... but I'm not actually playing anything, am I? I'm supporting it, I'm not even really watching it, I'm on youtube and a couple of other websites, just waiting for it to fail so I can actually do stuff in the game again.

I'm not about to turn the game off, but I'm also unsure what the appeal is. I'm not doing anything, but stuff is happening and I get to do stuff later so I can sit and wait again? I'm used to stuff that takes real time to complete, it's been a staple of games for a long time. But this seems almost wasteful because everything is still running, the computer and all, I can walk away, but I can't turn it off.

Frankly: as a game it's failing it's reason to exist (for me.) which is to occupy my mind and senses so I'm not just sitting here pondering reality and my place in it... but I'm also not about to turn it off...

Its just been a confusing afternoon.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Look up ProgressQuest. It's all about the dopamine hit of the "ding" and feeling like you accomplished something regardless of your efforts. For some people that's all they need.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I don't mind some auto grinding, but too much feels pointless. Any apps that are mining bitcoin will get deleted.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Nah. usually there's some cash shop with boosters on it, or special outfits if it's a waifu-themed one. There's a big market that doesn't care as long as they get to feel more powerful, and particularly if there's waifu characters they can dress up to drool over.

wentwood

Citizen
Well I've done a few.

A dumb one is crazy taxi idle tycoon.

Talk about idiotic.

There are a few others but I may get to them later.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Only idle games I ever tried was Dragon Village X and Dragon Village New, and that was purely for the lore - New actually put the entire backstory of that universe in a single coherent whole(for once) and X was set in the future wo I wanted to see what happened between the previous games and then - of course X dies before really going into all the mysteries, but I at least got all the story out of New before it shut down.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
god dammit i'd gone years without touching cookie clicker and here i am again

Top Bottom