Galactus vs Unicron (Deathbattle)

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
not to mention the ultimate nullifier is the most broken anything in Marvel. as long as you have a strong enough will (and Galactus def has a strong enough will) you can destroy anything with it.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
They forgot to mention that Unicron is now no longer a singular entity throughout the multiverse though, thanks to the Terminus Blade/Star Saber creating "The Shroud". Thus, only one aspect of Unicron was destroyed by Galactus.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They forgot to mention that Unicron is now no longer a singular entity throughout the multiverse though, thanks to the Terminus Blade/Star Saber creating "The Shroud". Thus, only one aspect of Unicron was destroyed by Galactus.
I think they brought that up in one of the footnotes at the top of the screen later on?

Which was weird to me, to not factor that in.

not to mention the ultimate nullifier is the most broken anything in Marvel. as long as you have a strong enough will (and Galactus def has a strong enough will) you can destroy anything with it.
1703317199895.jpeg

Shockwave 75

Citizen
I love how they build Unicron up as basically being unbeatable; carrying on about how he's the "embodiment of evil", that "as long as evil exists, Unicron will exist." Saying "He was there at the beginning of the universe, and he'll be there at the end!" And then have Galactus beat him.

They also posted a follow-up live stream about the Silver Surfer vs Galvatron.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I can't help but think it's kinda sad that Transformers has a rather poor record with Death Battle. Starscream took on Rainbow Dash...and lost. Optimus Prime took on Amuro Ray and the RX-78-2...and won. Megatron took on Frieza...and lost. And now Unicron takes on Galactus...and lost.

Methinks there's a lesson here.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I can't help but think it's kinda sad that Transformers has a rather poor record with Death Battle. Starscream took on Rainbow Dash...and lost. Optimus Prime took on Amuro Ray and the RX-78-2...and won. Megatron took on Frieza...and lost. And now Unicron takes on Galactus...and lost.

Or an agenda.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I love how they build Unicron up as basically being unbeatable; carrying on about how he's the "embodiment of evil", that "as long as evil exists, Unicron will exist." Saying "He was there at the beginning of the universe, and he'll be there at the end!" And then have Galactus beat him.

Is there a link to just that "death battle"?

Blot

Citizen

"Power scaling arguments are for dweebs and dopes"?

NovaSaber

Citizen
I'm convinced they only had Megatron fight Frieza so a Dragon Ball character could win for once, but even so, better matches for Frieza (that he could still beat) would be Thanos or Hordak.

And I don't even know what they thought Starscream and Rainbow Dash had in common.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Regardless of arguments over power levels, I would have been surprised if Starscream walked away from that encounter with his dignity intact.

He's just one of those characters. The more embarrassing it would be for him to somehow lose, the more I expect it to happen.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
And I don't even know what they thought Starscream and Rainbow Dash had in common.
I've always assumed they wanted to capitalize on FiM's popularity, Transformers seemed like the obvious opposing franchise (Hasbro toylines popular at the time), naturally limited themselves to Transformers that somone who was only a fan of MLP might have heard of and vice versa, and among the combinations that gave them, pairing the fliers seemed like the most sensible option.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I've always assumed they wanted to capitalize on FiM's popularity, Transformers seemed like the obvious opposing franchise (Hasbro toylines popular at the time), naturally limited themselves to Transformers that somone who was only a fan of MLP might have heard of and vice versa, and among the combinations that gave them, pairing the fliers seemed like the most sensible option.
Not to mention their matching confidence, cockiness, egocentrism, stubbornness, ambition, and air superiority.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Previously on Death Battle...

...why are only two of those age-restricted and have to be viewed on YouTube?

I saw they were doing that, but that was a Death Battle Cast, and I haven't had time to watch it. How'd it go?

...why am I even asking? I'm pretty sure it went just like the big guys, only much worse for the loser.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
...why are only two of those age-restricted and have to be viewed on YouTube?

I saw they were doing that, but that was a Death Battle Cast, and I haven't had time to watch it. How'd it go?

...why am I even asking? I'm pretty sure it went just like the big guys, only much worse for the loser.
It's annoying, right? Perhaps it's due to some violent content? Either way, I can't play it from the timestamp of the actual battle taking place when it's age-restricted, which means it must be played at YouTube, from the beginning, which means ads must be played (unless you've got a decent adblocker or 3p YouTube app)...

Top Bottom