G.I. Joe thread - 02/01 G.I. Joe Day Reveals: Doc, Torch and more

electricidad

Citizen
I can justify buying one. (I'm a take-it-out-of-the-box collector. Otherwise, I've just purchased a box, you know?)

It seems they are really working to make this a great value. There's LED! There are multiple figures! Missiles! Alternate canopies (probably)! I can justify spending $300.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah... if the unlocks keep going this direction, they might sucker me in after all. I could always just put it in it's own window box display.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
That’s such a good idea I’m shocked they didn’t make it a Target exclusive…

Target is waiting a redo of the old Sears version so they can make it a RedCard Exclusive™.

Has to be the right color, don'tcha know.

s-l300-2713039188.jpg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
They should have recycled the old Cobra Telethon footage. If the plan here is to have the public fund the development of the new H.I.S.S., by the standards of 1980's villain plans, it's NOT a bad one, and in fact it appears to be working.

I never knew the back of the HISS was supposed to be a troop carrier, but I never had one.

re: the Megatron version, I was looking at my 'about the right size' figures and I realize that my future Transformers/Joe setup will be as much a mix of generations and lines as my Transformers collection generally, since I have O-rings, non-O-rings, and things I don't even know what they are all in the same area. I have about a half dozen. This should work fine for the two Bots I know are coming out, and still have enough to partner with a couple others if they make them.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It wasn't, that's a brand new feature for this one.
As I recall, the original "concept" of the HISS was intended to have some troop transport function, along with a drop cockpit design (akin to the Raven). The comic often portrayed the vehicle sporting a "el camino" style open back design.

When Hasbro revisited the tank in 1989, they ended up incorporating some of those abandoned concepts like the troop transport ability and drop cockpit entry.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
The one feature I don't think they've ever had on any version of the HISS is the open cockpit with a short windscreen like they had in the MASS Device miniseries. When Duke escapes from Cobra and steals a HISS, he drops right into the driver's seat. It seems like it would be an easy remold of the HISS canopy, but I don't think anyone's ever done it.

Also, I wish they would change up the turrets more, like the missile rack on the Arctic HISS.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Tier 3 is unlocked (officially):
A HISS Gunner (a female HISS Driver!) with a trio of additional guns for the tank, including turret mounted machine guns and a new chin mounted turret.

With unlocks, fans are now getting nearly a half dozen additional weapon modules for the base tank and two additional figures. At the rate things are going, I'll probably end up ordering one. We've well passed the point where $300 is getting to be a damned steal for this stuff. And I think there's still plenty of room for the numbers to grow for fans willing to get more than one for the sheer options this is presenting.

Dake

Citizen
Yup... This is a very impressive Haslab entry. Feels like far more bang for the buck compared to the Skystriker.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
The gunner is awesome. I do wish there was some kind of color difference in their outfits, but it makes sense as they're interchangeable rather than actual different functions (driver and gunner).

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
The more stuff that unlocks the harder this is getting to resist. Ive only been buying Classified Cobras, so the figures alone are tempting me. But I really REALLY don't have space for this. Im expecting the Thundertank later this year.

Dake

Citizen
I imagine you'd have no problem keeping the figures and just selling the tank by itself for what you paid at the very least (even the Razor Crest - which seemed to have a fair amount of buyer's remorse - is still selling for more than it originally cost on Ebay). But I also bet it'll be hard to get rid of once you have it in hand. :D

Dake

Citizen
In other news, 3D Joes is trying to get a line of O-ringers off the ground in conjunction with a number of folks from back in the day.

I don't do O-ring Joes any more, but some might find it interesting - Operation: Recall.

00eb75f0124d73049ec9b9dd5a7c3133_original.jpg

TriBlurr

Citizen
Haslab passed 14000 backers. Looks like thier not ready to reveal tier 4 yet.

Honestly, this thing funded so fast it wouldn't surprise me if they simply don't have the digital renders ready to show yet.

Glad to have the Gunner added to the package though.

Already chugging along to 15000.

electricidad

Citizen

Top Bottom