G.I. Joe thread - 02/01 G.I. Joe Day Reveals: Doc, Torch and more

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Yo Joe June is underway! Last week on Instagram, Emily and Lenny revealed Shipwreck and Rock N' Roll being on deck.

This week, a HUGE load of reveals. I'll post a link to Hisstank (please don't read the comments) for images

Confirmation of Copperhead and Torpedo due in 2023 (they've yet to specify if any are retailer exclusive, FYI). Spring 2023 will see the wave allotments increase to 5 figures, and this will probably be the first wave to feature the "plastic free" packaging that has cropped up on everything else.
Falcon
Slaughters Marauders BBQ
Crimson BAT (reportedly the same shade as the CG and Twins)
Outback (classic deco)
Covergirl
I think it's a damn solid wave, only mitigated by my own budgetary and space concerns. Falcon is a HUGE want that's getting done.

Also due in spring 2023 is a new deluxe Snake Eyes with Timber. It's a full on repaint set with altered deco and reused accessories. Biggest notable element is the reuse of some of the accessories last seen with the 00 release of the character. It's not a...BAD set by any means. But it's clearly stuff many fans already have to some degree or another, and it remains to be seen if retailers are even going to carry this offering.

Images were shown of the new Sgt. Slaughter. Who looks AMAZING, with a wonderful range of accessories and even a little mini-figure (homaging his time as spokesman for the brand). Preorders can't get here soon enough.

Reveal of the Transformers collaboration Bumblebee and Stalker. Like with the last set, the Transformers side seems dictated by marketing (Beachcomber or Hound would have been FAR more logical) and the o-ring figure is another of the pre-85 flavor. Stalker is a great character (and is getting a FANTASTIC Classified release), but his original figure was pretty lackluster.

And orders went up for the o-ring Duke/Cobra commander set. The Sunbow love is dripping from this set, and I just couldn't resist on that grounds. A LOT of Sunbow inspired accessories, and I'm hoping this "Sunbow colors on original toys" trend continues.

electricidad

Citizen
Falcon, Outback and Cover Girl look solid.

CAN'T WAIT to get my hands on that Slaughter.

If you missed out on the Baroness and Coil motorcycle, Big Bad Toy Store has it in stock RIGHT NOW.

electricidad

Citizen
GI Joe Classified pre-orders coming my way:
Python Patrol Viper x2 (Target, ordered 10/21)
Python Patrol BAT x2 (Target, ordered 10/21)
Tiger Force Outback (Target, ordered 10/21)
Croc Master (Amazon, ordered 10/21)
Spirit (Amazon, ordered 10/21; RECEIVED 6/30)
Cobra Officer (Amazon, ordered 10/21; RECEIVED 6/30)
Stalker (BBTS, ordered 2/22)
Viper three pack (BBTS, ordered 2/22)
Crimson Guard x2 (Nerdzoic, ordered 4/22)
Zarana (Nerdzoic, ordered 4/22)
Dusty (Nerdzoic, ordered 4/22)
Tiger Force Recondo (Target, ordered 4/22)
Tiger Force Bazooka (Target, ordered 4/22)
Python Patrol Officer x2 (Target, ordered 4/22)
Tomax (Amazon, ordered 3/22)
Xamot (Amazon, ordered 3/22)
Tiger Force Duke w/RAM Cycle (Target, ordered 7/7)

Most of these guys have 2023 delivery dates.

There are hundreds of dollars of action figures here.

Last edited:

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I ordered the O-ring Duke and CC 2-pack, even though I have a Cobra Commander already, just because I liked the accessories which would cost more to Shapeways, and Duke looks so much like he could be a weird holo-avatar for Joe Bumblebee. If you look at the two of them they appear to be wearing the same outfit...

electricidad

Citizen
Gah. Told myself I wasn't going to order any more Joes.

Then Amazon exclusives went live. Kamakura is the first link; the Blue Ninja two pack is the second. Blue Ninja pack feels like a decent value at $44 and change, but Kamakura! $33.99!

The Blue Ninjas are scheduled to arrive in August, and Kamakura could be here in October.

Dake

Citizen
Whoa - 6" HISS on Haslab!

lighter

Looks amazing, but honestly I'm glad I haven't jumped in to the Classified line. If they did this glow-up for the 3.75" line though, I'd probably have to snag one. Call it the HISS 1.5

I especially dig the back

lighter

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Its only been a few hours and its already teetering on the edge of 6K backers. Joe fans really want to be heard!

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Honestly? Given it’s an electronic vehicle and comes with (at minimum) two 6” figures.

$300 is downright reasonable.
Absolutely. This would easily be a $150-200 retail release, and there's potential for a LOT of added value beyond the figure(s).

I'm tempted, it's a good year out and would be a fantastic centerpiece to a Cobra display. And it's a troop building thing, so you know there are crazy fans buying more than one. But, it's also $300 and I'm not sure I'm "big enough" into GI Joe to warrant the space and money investment.

Lobjob

Citizen
It looks amazing but outside of a few favs i can't double down on classified like this. My tubs of 3.75 guys would grimace at me and wonder what's the goal here.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Yeah. If I hadn't bought the Thundertank I may have considered this. But as it is I cannot justify the space, let alone the price.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
HISS Funded at 4:41pm Pacific time. Did it just take the title of fastest funded Haslab from Sentinel?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I love the design, but given the general leanings of my collection, I think the Megatron HISS is a better fit, as it both turns into a robot, and takes up less space. I'm still looking forwards to seeing how this works, though, as the details look amazing, like those high-end model kits I never buy because I know I don't have the skill to put them together right.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I like that there is more than just the Cockpit and Gunners position.

That and I have a pipe dream that a tier unlock could be a mountable Rail Gun and Dr. Biggles Jones from the comics introducing G2 Megatron.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well starve a fandom for some time and then finally make a collectors 6 inch line a decade after everyone else got theirs and I guess it works out better than continuously hashing out stuff for a franchise that's a bit too bloated with content and merch..... And well making a product people want and not holding back on the goodies helps too.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Many updates today! The old Hisstank keeps on rolling in orders, and is only about a thousand orders from unlocking tier 2: Alternate canopy and skirt armor to replicate the vintage HISS look.
Given fan predilections, this could inspire yet MORE additional purchases to display with alternate equipment.

Hasbro also had a roundtable today with assorted fan sites and media:

Some notables I saw:
Hasbro will not be offering toys at SDCC. Everything online. But the display model for the HISS will be on display. Orders for Sgt. Slaughter will launch at SDCC

Hasbro will NOT reproduce this HasLab item again. BUT, they do not rule out new color variations or possibly a redesign in the future. *I think given enough time, they could do a Crimson HISS with new driver and CG and probably meet minimums easily.*

Confirmed Ripper and a new Firefly are on deck for the future.

Top Bottom