G.I. Joe thread - 07/25/2024: Haslab Rattler, Road Pig, Raptor and more

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Between the obnoxious Butt-rock and the early-2000's-like Flash animation, I would have sworn that was an Adult Swim skit.

And I don't mean that as a compliment.

As said earlier, G.I. Joe does not fit the Beat-em-Up genre. Something like previously mentioned 90's Arcade game*, Ikari Warriors, or Sunset Riders would've fit Joe a lot better.

Hell, aside from the movie-cash-in quality (and being attached to a film no one but me likes apparently), the 'rise of cobra' videogame was a GREAT G.I. Joe game.

Was hoping WayForward would jump on a update/remake of that.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I still feel it’s more a matter of- lower cost pixel art+simple(r) gameplay mechanics+nostalgia= big return on modest investment. Again, I just get the feeling Hasbro farmed out a “low cost Joe game” and these were the parties willing to play ball.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
News is making the rounds that Ollies is getting overstock, probably as part of holiday build up. Transformers fans are seeing Beast Wars reissues, but for Joe fans?
Reports are mixed, but the most common stuff that is being reported are Wave 3 (Flint, LJ and Cobra Commander), or at least Lady Jaye. And, more importantly, last spring’s sparsely distributed wave with Dusty, Zarana and the Crimson Guard. Prices seen online are as low as $4.99!

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Was at the nearest Ollie's here today. No Joe. 1 TF (Target Bluestreak) and 1 MOTU (Panthor).

-ZacWilliam, approximately 20 Milliion Marvel Legends toys. But sadly 96% MCU live action figures that I don't buy.

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
On the game front, I'd love a Mass Effect style Rpg where you create a brand new Joe and interact with old guard while trying to stop whatever Cobra's current plot is. The twist would be that you are somehow integral to said plot and at some point in the game can chose to either stay part of GiJoe or betray them and join Cobra.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
In conjunction with the Target Geek Out event, THREE new Python Patrol figures were revealed and put for sale:
Python Televiper with Trouble Bubble
Python Officer (yes, both this and the prior Python release are labeled officers)
Python Copperhead.

First two are sold out on Pulse, but I managed to get an order on Copperhead (who I wanted most). Target still has open preorders if you trust them.

TriBlurr

Citizen
Official Pics of today's Python Patrol offerings. And the Pulsecon Crimson Strike Team.
G.I.-JOE-Classified-Series-Crimson-Strike-Team-Baroness-Tomax-Xamo-pulse-con-exclusive-23.jpgG.I.-JOE-Classified-Series-Crimson-Strike-Team-Baroness-Tomax-Xamo-pulse-con-exclusive-21.jpgG.I.-JOE-Classified-Series-Crimson-Strike-Team-Baroness-Tomax-Xamo-pulse-con-exclusive-16.jpgF8395_DIO_GIJ_CS_THR_NABOKOV_492_2000px_300DPI_2000x.jpgF8395_DIO_GIJ_CS_THR_NABOKOV_433_2000px_300DPI_2000x.jpgF7734_DIO_GIJ_CS_THR_DAHL_055_2000px_300DPI_2000x.jpgF7733_DIO_GIJ_CS_THR_POE_307_2000px_300DPI_2000x.jpg

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
These would have been right up m alley if I still collected Joes.

TriBlurr

Citizen
Name only Reveals

Night Creeper
Gnawgahyde with "friends"
Cobra Ferret
Retro Card Eel
Retro Card Snow Serpent
Retro Card Beach Head

Render Reveals

Big Boa
Airborne
Quick Kick
Techno Viper (Purple version)
Deluxe Metal Head
Mutt and Junkyard

Retro Card Scarlett
Retro Card Duke
Retro Card Recondo

60th Anniversary Figures. Modern take on the OG Concept.
- Action Soldier (Deluxe)
- Action Sailor (Deluxe)

FB_IMG_1695432082646.jpg
FB_IMG_1695432085091.jpg
FB_IMG_1695432087691.jpg
FB_IMG_1695432090192.jpg
FB_IMG_1695432092787.jpg
FB_IMG_1695432095135.jpg
FB_IMG_1695432097531.jpg
FB_IMG_1695432099775.jpg
FB_IMG_1695432102040.jpg
FB_IMG_1695432104443.jpg
FB_IMG_1695432106979.jpg

TriBlurr

Citizen
Did that Cobra witch doctor lookin dude ever go up for preorder?
If you mean Shadow Tracker. No. He's slated to be Walmart Exclusive. He will probably be up for preorder during Walmarts collector event.

Just a heads up. I do update the first post of this thread with updated Classified info as often as I can.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
If you mean Shadow Tracker. No. He's slated to be Walmart Exclusive. He will probably be up for preorder during Walmarts collector event.
Oh great. Another unique mold I want that I'll never see in-store and will sell out instantly online >__>

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Oh great. Another unique mold I want that I'll never see in-store and will sell out instantly online >__>
To be fair, Hasbro HAS been pretty good on ensuring stuff gets rereleased. At the very least, as a Non-vintage character, I expect Shadow Tracker to be easy(er) to get than most.
Thought of this when "Wrath of Cobra" was released, and refined from discussion about it here, and finally gotten around to today.

View attachment 16774
The lack of XCom mention is saddening.

Top Bottom