Fort Waterdale

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So my area had some rain this week. I'm fine.

NoBZPEE.jpg

That wasn't a lake a few days ago. That was Fort Lauderdale Airport. That's how much water fell out of the sky. 7 months' worth of rain in 7 hours.

This wasn't even a tropical storm. Just rain.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I managed to get some food yesterday. Store was surprisingly well stocked. I didn't see much flooding, but I did have to drive around a few abandoned cars. That was a bit surreal. It's one thing seeing this stuff on video, even though I know all the places. It's another thing driving around stalled out cars abandoned in the middle of the road, realizing the flood was right there too. My neighborhood is fine but apparently we were an island for a bit. Crazy.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
A friend of mine is a teacher in the area and told me schools were flat out closed til the next week as of thursday. She managed to stay safe but I hadn't realized it was THAT bad. Miami got some nast weather those days but not even comperable to this mess.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Last I heard it's still up in the air whether schools will reopen Monday. It'll depend on the damage, but they're having trouble even checking all the schools because of blocked roads.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Ooof. Because of the flooding, people panicked themselves into a gas shortage. Waited in line an hour and a half just make sure I had enough to make it to work tomorrow.

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
I'm just a couple of hours north of you and we haven't gotten all that much. About 15 years ago we were stuck in our house for 3 days due to a Tropical Storm sitting on top of us for a while. Wish you and your neighbors the best of luck.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
My entire street was flooded because of this shit, luckily it didn't flood up to our houses at least but it also blew both our trash and recyclable barrels over and into the yard and blew what we had in them all over the yard. We still haven't even had time to clean all that mess up.

We finally managed to get to Winn-Dixie yesterday to do some proper grocery shopping (we stopped at Trader Joe's the day before that and got a few things to tide us over but even then the parking lot was still heavily flooded, we managed to find like the one spot that was just a bit muddy) because that parking lot was completely flooded for the past few days. Hell there was still a huge puddle of water in part of the parking lot but most of it had finally dried up.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
IMG_20230417_153219065_HDR.jpg

It rained again today and this was the result after like not even an hour of rain.

What the hell.

My grandpa said everything got flooded again elsewhere.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The water gets better every day, but now we're having gas shortages.

Also I need new shoes after wading through that.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The cameras have moved on so it probably seems like this is over, but today I drove past some streets that are still seeing some recovery work.

Also FEMA's been in my neighborhood all week. We're fine here, so I don't know if it's just a staging ground or what.

Top Bottom