Five Faces Of Darkness Outline And Full Scripts Available Online

Kup

Citizen
To be fair, all five Decepticons who were reformatted into Galvatron's new troops show up later in TFTM after said reformatting scene. Skywarp and Thundercracker are at Starscream's coronation, while the Insecticons show up (and one even gets a speaking line) on Junkion.
True, but not after TFTM. Skywarp abs Thundercracker are clearly out of the picture while the Insecticons appear throughout FFoD.

(This is just me RIBFIRing the Skywarp or Bombshell deviate by the way…)

Greebtron

Citizen
Hey, they said a QUIET chuckle.
FOkeSVJXEAYP4T8

FOkeSVGXwAQqg46

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Hasbro is thinking you might spoil too much of the movie, can you make that more vague."
"We are literally a follow-up from where the movie leaves off, how"
Yeah, did the movie even stay in theaters long enough to overlap?

Greebtron

Citizen
Not sure. They were only one month apart. Would the theaters have dropped TFTM after just five weeks?
Well, the distributor DEG screwed Sunbow over and only delivered 3/5ths of the promised screenings. So maybe it was a short run.
Even without that and the other obvious issues affecting the box office. Fact is that even the best outcome would have seen far fewer kids watch the movie compared to the millions watching the show on weekday afternoons.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Not sure. They were only one month apart. Would the theaters have dropped TFTM after just five weeks?
For the purposes of the notes in question, it wouldn't matter either way. With animation production timelines, I'm sure these notes would have been made long before the movie ever got into theaters. At that point, they wouldn't have had any way to know what the theatrical outcome would be.

Greebtron

Citizen
Some highlights from the late, great Wally Burr's notes on the part 5 script:

Pages from 90 Five Faces of Darkness, Part 5 Script.pdf_Page_1.jpg

"Check accents" indeed.
Pages from 90 Five Faces of Darkness, Part 5 Script.pdf_Page_2.jpg

On Collision Course

Page 22.jpg

Swat, swat, swat, etc.

Page 28.jpg

BATTLE WALLA
Page 38.jpg

BIG FREEZE!
Page 42.jpg

But It Never Ends!
Page 47.jpg

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie
Citizen
Come listen to the tale of how Shockwave saved the entire Cybertronian race

This is fascinating. And now part of my headcanon. I always thought that FFoD was well-written for what it was, making some kind of sense of what was left after the movie and doing a lot of great worldbuilding and character stuff. Learning that it made even more sense originally really makes me respect the work that went into it. Shockwave's boring cartoon persona would've become a source of conflict and character growth! Also, I wonder if the notes that the early TFs were supposed to look more primitive were intended to relate to Shockwave's weird head design.

Top Bottom